• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm all for it if it benefits Arsenal. **** all this pretentious bullshit.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm an Arsenal fan, but also just a huge fan of football. If this benefits Arsenal but not the good of English football as a whole then I can't go along with it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It will benefit Stan more than Arsenal
I don't see how atm. 2 clubs less sharing TV rights but that money will be redistributed through Championship.

The good thing I see in this is the loan system changes. We need to find 2 clubs willing to cooperate with us. My guess is that EFL will be stronger and if we find a club willing to take our players on loan and play them, that would make a massive difference for us in the future.
Atm, Spanish top clubs have a huge advantage with their clubs being able to have a B team in the lower division, and I think these changes will aim to reduce that gap between English and Spanish clubs

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I don't see how atm. 2 clubs less sharing TV rights but that money will be redistributed through Championship.

The good thing I see in this is the loan system changes. We need to find 2 clubs willing to cooperate with us. My guess is that EFL will be stronger and if we find a club willing to take our players on loan and play them, that would make a massive difference for us in the future.
Atm, Spanish top clubs have a huge advantage with their clubs being able to have a B team in the lower division, and I think these changes will aim to reduce that gap between English and Spanish clubs
A power grab pure and simple with afew carrots thrown in. Scrap the league cup the rest of the english football is fine.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
allowing clubs to have 15 players out on loan domestically at any one time and up to four at a single club in England

This seems like a good rule change for arsenal.
The Athletic said last year that when we (eventually) leave the EU it will make it more difficult to trade players. It would probably also become more difficult to send players on loan abroad.

If we do not secure a deal, British players will then deal with 27 different immigration systems within the EU. If you have a player who wants to go to Dortmund, they will need a German work permit. We will be treated the same as any country outside the EU and have to qualify according to the specific country’s regulations. A lot of those systems within the EU in terms of football are based on quotas and British players will fall into that.

This change in the loan rule will potentially make it easier for big British clubs to basically set up feeder clubs for their young talent, I can see why United and Liverpool would like this.
Arsenal currently have Trae Coyle and Zech Medley on loan at Gillingham, it would be interesting to see something happen there.

Last edited:

GunnerShy

Dunno about this.

Scrap the league cup though. And abolish it from clubs record books!

One reform I'd like to see that would benefit the game.

4th to play the FA cup winner in a two leg tie for the final Champions league spot. I think this would reinvigorate the trophy

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I must be missing the big picture completely. Aoart from scrapping the League Cup, I don't see an overall benefit to the whole of football or Aesrnal in particular. The loan system changes are good for the big club but could leave the smaller club on a downward spiral when those players are hooked after a good season. I dont see how two less clubs will make the money go further or be shared fairer either. Lastly, if Utd and Liverpool are behind this, then it's probably a con.

GDeep™

League is very weak
4th to play the FA cup winner in a two leg tie for the final Champions league spot. I think this would reinvigorate the trophy
What a terrible idea. You want a team to play 38 tough league games just to finish 4th and have to play the FA Cup winner for a CL spot?

Finishing 4th in such a tough league is enough to merit a CL spot.

4th this season will be more exciting than the league race I reckon.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

While we would benefit from this in the short term, this will damage the league. I just don't see need for such sweeping changes.

GunnerShy

E
What a terrible idea. You want a team to play 38 tough league games just to finish 4th and have to play the FA Cup winner for a CL spot?

Finishing 4th in such a tough league is enough to merit a CL spot.

4th this season will be more exciting than the league race I reckon.

I think it'd be a good trade off to improve the prestige and importance of the FA cup. In the end, 4th qualifies unless a team below fourth wins the FA cup. Then it's a play off. Finishing fourth would still be an achievement in that sense. Last year fourth was 66 points out of 114 points. Hardly champions league stuff

GoonerBoy19

Actually FA cup and League cup are the only opportunity for the lower league clubs to play against the big PL teams. It's both financial and mental boost to play against bigger clubs either home or away. I do understand playing in Europe makes it difficult but motivating lower English clubs is also as important as financially helping them. These changes look more like a business prospect rather than for footballing reasons.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

For all those wondering, yes it would 100% benefit Arsenal, along with the others in the top 6.

However, it goes against the spirit of the game and lessens the importance of genuine competition. The top spots would be fixed and it would be very difficult for any other team to break in.

I guess Man U and Pool are afraid of new money coming in and taking over. Like what almost happened with Newcastle.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom