• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Finesse

if you through the posts, there aren't too many people saying they want to spend like City tbf

You don't have to want to spend like City.

Any rumour of takeovers ............pop around and pay a visit to the PL club thread of say Villa , Newcastle etc . You read fans hoping its their club and wishing for a rich owner to bring them into the league of the big boys. Non of them bother about the how, knowing fully well their club books are in the red.

Fans have been dovetailed into these expectations. Gone are the days of a well run club and self generating business model etc. We got blown out of the water. David Dien said it !

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is it just me or did others not think the CL needed reform anyway? I mean i'm not saying everything was perfect, certainly the money should be redistributed more evenly. But like the actual format of the competition, what was wrong with it?

Everyone says "oh the group stages were boring, it only got interesting in the knock-out stages" but isn't that just the nature of tournaments?, obviously it gets more interesting in the later stages. It's the same format as the euros and world cup, I honestly don't see the problem. Group stages and knock-outs, that's how football tournaments work. Why change?

Like yeah sometimes there are boring games in the group stages, but there are also interesting games. And boring games are just a part of football. You can't engineer the games you want, it's a fundamental misunderstanding of the sport, of what sport is.Honestly this whole thing could have been discarded after 5 minutes in the first meeting, it just doesn't make sense.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
No-one opposed to the ESL is trying to make out that UEFA are the good guys though.

The core issue is corporate greed and anti competitiveness. That's an issue with UEFA / FIFA / PL any major football club. But acknowledging those issues with the game as it stands and then pushing for the ESL which is an even more more egregious example of greed and anti competitiveness isn't the answer to any sane person.

Acknowledging these issues with the game as it stands and thinking the solution to corporate greed and a lack of fairness is to make it even more greedy and unfair, is just bizarre.

None of this is about liking or sticking up for UEFA / FIFA etc. They're knobs, they just happened to be the lesser knobs on this one particular issue.

The ESL should be consigned to the dustbin of history and we desperately need real meaningful reform on the institutions in charge of the game and club ownership etc.

No-one is happy with how the game is run at the moment. Instead of patting ourselves on the back about the ESL folding let's all club together as fans and put pressure on the decision makers in the game to reform.

I'm not pushing for the ESL at all. To be completely honest I don't give a ****, for me both are as bad, the only difference is that clubs want to kill the middle man that is the UEFA for the ESL.
There is no competitiveness in european football as it is today. It's already some kind of closed league where only a handful number of clubs can really compete for it on a regular basis, and only them can sign top players, and keep them.
If there is a rising club, they have no other choice but to sell their best players to the clubs who agreed for the super league.

The only reason I was 'happy' about this ESL is that UEFA and FIFA need to die, for the stuff they've done, for stuff they keep doing.
And this ESL might have changed the way the rest of this sport is organized in Europe, because in order to compete with this closed league, they would have had to evolve, to reform a lot of stuff in order to make it attractive again.

Instead, I see most people celebrating the end of the ESL like some kind of win "we got our football back". Yeah, sure :lol:

Truth is fans/people were just afraid of change. They had no intention to see a real change in football with good reforms that bring back some equity, some competitiveness.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Eza8FL5UcAQ2Bqm
Yeah not what I’m saying at all. What I’m saying is that replacing evil with evil isn’t what we should strive for..

Typed on my iphone as well btw.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The media are strange, they haven’t picked up on the fact that Chelsea and City are literally beacons of everything wrong with modern football and why this came about.

The PL, FIFA and UEFA are the ones who let these assholes in without proper regulation and caps on spending / wages / agent fees. Probably because clubs like Chelsea City and PSG have been greasing their pockets.

But yeh now Chelsea are heroes lmao get a grip, was a disgrace they even went through with it in the first place. Buying themselves into the elite with a massive oversight from governing bodies then going against these governing bodies and riding their stature. Joke.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Papa has spoken

Yeeeaas that's it. Wenger said it! The whole thing is a bluff to blackmail UEFA into adjusting its plans for the new CL format, and to ensure that those big clubs cash stake in that tournament is not diluted for the smaller clubs.

The ESL website alone showed what little effort they've put into this thing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would love the 50+1 rule to occur here but can someone explain to me how that is even possible ? The clubs are worth billions of pounds so do the fans have enough money to do it ? Surely not.

The time to do this would have been before football actually blew up. But instead the greedy governing bodies were just opening their gates for venture capitals.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The media are strange, they haven’t picked up on the fact that Chelsea and City are literally beacons of everything wrong with modern football and why this came about.

The PL, FIFA and UEFA are the ones who let these assholes in without proper regulation and caps on spending / wages / agent fees. Probably because clubs like Chelsea City and PSG have been greasing their pockets.

But yeh now Chelsea are heroes lmao get a grip, was a disgrace they even went through with it in the first place. Buying themselves into the elite with a massive oversight from governing bodies then going against these governing bodies and riding their stature. Joke.

tbf, the media are calling for the government to institute new regulations. That in its self will affect clubs like City and Chelsea. So although they're not calling for those clubs by name, they are asking to action that would change them.

Top Bottom