Everton Soares

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by yousif_arsenal, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Ornstein Defender

The fact that only tier 4 (and below) journalists in England has talked about our alleged interest in Soares tells me that we probably arent interested at all.

2. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

I feel at this point its up to us to complete this or not, Gremio obviously want to sell, and the player seems more than willing to come....come on Edu get this done....

3. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

We've have held contacts with him, that's pretty much confirmed at this point by local media, mate.

4. Highbury_2006

What does "pretty much confirmed" mean?

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Protector of RonaldoMadness

You know what it means.

Token Yank likes this.
  6. Highbury_2006

No. Does it mean confirmed? Almost confirmed?

7. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Pretty much

8. ArsenalFever

ArsenalFever Active Member

Really I'm just waiting on this so I can order my shirt with his name, just wanna see how he will show it on the shirt, plus number.

Biggest link of our summer imo, really strong player on the pitch and has CR7 type flair and good conviction, since I've been supporting Arsenal can only remember Hleb and Rosicky transfers as this type of calibre signing.

Regardless of value, if I had to choose between Everton Soares or Zaha, I think I would go with Soares, strikes me as a strong on field player who could contribute in all aspects whats expected of a winger.

yorch44 likes this.
  9. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Should've signed him back when we had the post game selfie epidemic, reckon he would've put a halt to that with his mug and trim.

Token Yank likes this.
  10. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

Oh no that Scottish nonce is inhabiting @HairSprayGooners’ mind!:eek:

American_Gooner likes this.
  11. Wryer

Wryer Well-Known Member

Don't wanna pretend I know the Brazilian league. How is Soares regarded in the league? Established star? Young upcoming winger? He's in the national team so I wouldn't doubt his pedigree but just genuinely curious at which stage he is in.

Anyways, I like that this is on the back of the supposed dead alley Zaha bid. The transfer team needs to move on quickly when you hit a deadlock and I like how this is done.

12. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

This move has us written all over it. Seemingly minimal competition, relatively low fee, Edu is our new director of football. Soares, Martinelli, Saka and Nelson reeks of excitement going forwards. We'd need Soares to instantly hit the ground running though.

13. Jasard

Jasard No longer wants to #PlayAMNInMidfield

Multiple parties own his rights? Urghhh

krackpot likes this.
  14. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Ex-Troll

Are our three doctors still in Brazil?

Artisan, say yes and Iceman10 like this.
  15. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Him and Zaha will cost about the same in my opinion.

16. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

For €80m I'm less excited, wouldn't take that risk.

17. say yes

say yes To VAR

Don’t think there’s anything to this.

18. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

I mean I did say this, that's why I'd prefer Pepe/Zaha. For potentially the same price you're getting a guy who scored the same amount of goals in the Brazilian league last season as a right back called Pikachu.

19. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

It seems very agent driven. The stories about Arsenal doctors flying out, the choreographed clip of Soares learning English - just weird.

I think we have interest, but at the moment we're not acting on it.

20. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

Not likely. Neymar was that much. Gremio are dreaming if they think they'll get €40m for half of his rights.

krackpot and pigge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.