Everton Soares

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by yousif_arsenal, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

If he can do what I've seen in his youtube videos regularly in the EPL then I actually prefer him to Zaha due to his age.

He's just as talented as a dribbler, seems to edge him in deftness of touch and makes up for the lack of top speed with crazy agility, he's also a hands down better ball striker than Zaha from what I've seen.

I just think that the 'if' is a big one. I've seen us go for the cheap import over the proven PL player before and it doesn't seem to work out for us. Zaha comes in and imo instantly guarantees us CL football, this guy might need a year or two or just completely flop.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

he could be copying the most reliable Brazilian website nothing wrong with that.

3. picsou

picsou Active Member

he could be our Tevez, a mean bastard banging them goals in

4. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Transfer Junkie

He looks like a much better finisher than Zaha but Zaha's dribbling is elite. Sometimes looks like Soares lacks control of the ball.

5. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I think Zaha edges it as he has the language, lives in London, knows the league well and is a club fan. I think those things are really important even if Everton has a higher ceiling technically. Big ask to come to this country and make an impact.

Trilly and tap-in like this.
  6. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

The Daily Mail just had a piece on Zaha that expands on some of the problems you mention:

al-Ustaadh, Fouz, Mark Tobias and 4 others like this.
  7. African Flair

African Flair Well-Known Member

South American football is quite physical itself, a lot of agressive dudes running around. And he will probably come in up and running with momentum from being in season and recently won for Brazil taking revenge at Maracanã is huge. Not sure though if he will carry on for the whole season.

8. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Yep, those points are big pluses for Zaha. The only way I think we'd pass on Zaha is if we don't have the money, or he agrees to join another club. I think he will move for sure.

9. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Pretty grim reading.

I'm sure many a person put in that situation at that age could end up depressed.

Fouz and American_Gooner like this.
  10. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

This dude looks like he's just gotten out of kindergarden.

Tevez on the other hand probably killed a couple of people by the time he was 10.

11. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

100% my point of view. Given the videos alone, he's insane, but the risk is high

Trilly likes this.
  12. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Thanks!

13. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

We're screwed then. Our fans might fly a bleeding banner over the stadium 'Pull out of Lauren, Willie'

American_Gooner likes this.
  14. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I can't fathom why no other teams have bitten at this price? We should sign him regardless, even if it meant him not coming until January.

Could he play as winger in a 4-4-2?

15. lufere7

lufere7 Well-Known Member

Only having seeing him on Copa America the thing that worries me the most are his stats, they don't seem stellar for a "weak" league. Yes he performed with Brazil, but there's always some players that go up a level when playing for their NT and never seem to replicate it at a club level.

Would be fun to have 2 onion related names with him and Ceballos though, fitting too, with all the tears that await us when our defense is getting cut up :lol:

16. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Close this one too mods! Thank god!

Trilly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.