• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton V Arsenal [PL;Wed 28 Jan; 20:00 ; 12 Pins]

General

Established Member
--------------Almunia

Sagna--------Gallas----Djourou------Clichy

Bendtner-------Denilson----Diaby------Nasri

--------------Ade------Van Persie--------

Wenger is bound to announce very soon that Toure has a calf injury which should conveniently allow Billy Gallas back in the starting line up.

TomasCR

Established Member
The defence and offensive will do it for me. In the middle, I would play with:

Denilson---Diaby---Song---Nasri

But Wenger will play with:

Eboue---Denilson---Song---Nasri

Forget Bendtner on the wing.

Proof

Established Member
Wenger admits plans to rest Van Persie

"We are very short at the moment and cannot rotate very much,” Wenger admitted as the end of Sunday’s match.

“I could rest a few players today but not as many as I had wanted. I had planned to take Robin van Persie off but it didn't work that way."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Football/2009/1/25/FA-Cup-Wenger-post-match-quotes/gnid-37071/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setanta.com//uk/Articles/Foo ... nid-37071/</a>

progman07

Established Member
Don't even bother to leave out Eboue, he will play anyways. The only thing that can keep him out is an injury, but we are not so cruel to wish him one, are we? :wink:

M+D

Established Member
I'd play Adebayor and Vela up front for this one. I'd also put Wilshere on the right from the start, and play Denilson with Song in midfield and Gibbs on the left. Risky I know, but I feel that van Persie and Nasri are better off playing at home against West Ham, and Eboue'd be better off playing at home. On Fifa.

TomasCR

Established Member
No Prog, we´re not... :whistling

But Proof, he had planned to rest him only today. It would be a big surprise if he rested him for Everton.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Very tough game given our current squad. Won't be surprised if we lost this to a in form Everton.

Eduardo! We need you

progman07

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Very tough game given our current squad. Won't be surprised if we lost this to a in form Everton.

Eduardo! We need you
Why Eduardo of all players? We need a DM, a winger, and at the moment, because Cesc is injured, we could do with another CM option, but you mention a striker.

edit: If you mean him because of his last year's brace, I take back the argument.

By the way when will our new signing Silvestre return? Hopefully not anytime soon, I'm getting used to not seeing his big head. Funny how Wenger got the '3 week rule' right again, it will turn out into a 3 month injury.

kamikaze80

Established Member
James said:
Someone tell me why i bought tickets for this game?
hopefully you guys will have some good songs lined up. theyre going to park the bus and our midfield is gonna be cack anyway. cahill will probably score either on a header or a cutback in the box after a counterattack with denilson jogging slowly behind him. looks like van persie will be rested so god knows where our goals will come from. apparently he's scored or assisted every goal we've scored in january.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I predicted a loss earlier in the week, and I'd stick by that. Everton are very solid defensively, and held Liverpool at bay, twice in a week. The problem we have is that, we can't create anything, whilst Fellaini's back from suspension. If Moyes was clever, he'd keep Cahill upfront with Fellaini alongside him, and try destroy us with an aerial ****storm.

How do you deal with a 6"5 machine with a head of hair that increases his height by "5, who is powerful in the air?

The answer is certainly NOT, getting Toure to mark him.

True Gooner

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
How do you deal with a 6"5 machine with a head of hair that increases his height by "5, who is powerful in the air?

Get Eboue to take him out, even if its at the cost of a red card?

Solves two problems imo.

I loved this fixture last season, one of my favourite smash and grabs - second only to the Bolton game. Still remember ol' bug-eyes whinging about how we resorted to long balls. :lol:

General

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
I predicted a loss earlier in the week,.

Never predict a loss for the Arsenal :!:

It's got to be Djourou and Willy at CB because Bothroyd owned Toure in the air today. Now Wenger, simply has to make up the 'calf excuse'.

I think we have a good chance. Liverpool struggled to break them down but Everton faded quite badly in the second half.

Wenger really has to sit Eboue's arse on the bench for this one. Bendtner or Vela will do.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Hmm.Tricky away game again.

Bendy upfront with Ade and Eboue on the right flank

Duh.... :roll:

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
The best thing going for us is that Everton have next to no strikers, and didnt Arteta pick up an injury? Bad news is Cahill is annoying with headers and i believe Fellaini is back.

We'l win, but it wont be pretty..... and probably bad for our hearts.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'd go with General's team on this one.

I think Gallas will come back, which is a bit of a shame because Toure's starting to find his feet again, and if that happens it could be massive for us.

Right wing is a big problem area for us at the moment - Eboue's already poor game has totally gone to pieces, Bendtner has looked decent, though perhaps better as a sub, whilst Vela can't seem to buy an appearance at the moment. Think Arsène will just stick with Eboue though. I mean, after all this time being ****e, he will just magically become a good player eventually, surely?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
It's not going to be an easy game, but there's no reason why we can't win this. It's hard to gauge Everton's form from the two derbies as both teams were ordinary for long patches. Everton is struggling to field fit players up front, but I agree that Cahill (and Lescott) pose a set-piece threat.

Hopefully we can get a Howard-howler or two for ourselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom