• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Is it just me or does everybody who leaves Wenger fall on the wayside?
well, it depends how you look at it...
Nasri, Clichy and Judas won the league after leaving so not quite on the wayside.
Vieira and Henry won the CL which they wouldnt have with us. Not to mention a host of domestic trophies in Italy and Spain.
Adebayor won the lottery at City and Sp**s and our eternal gratitude for being a top class tit while there.
So no, not everyone falls by the wayside.

Liam Spencer

Although his Man United career has ended in an unexpected fashion, we can't deny that he truly made a dream start.

He won the title, top scored, scored a hat-trick at Old Trafford to clinch the title, got two goals against us as well as a guard of honour at the Emirates.

He literally couldn't have chosen a better script.

Sir Alex's retirement clearly jolted him, who was possibly the main reason why he opted to join Man United over Man City.

He felt isolated under Moyes, and I expected LvG to revitalize him, but that wasn't to be, and the fact that he is done at the top level just 3 years after moving to Man United must be very hard for him to cope with.

I'm surprised at his decline though. I was under the impression that he was one of those attackers who will do well at this level deep into his 30's, since his game is built around technique and movement, not pace and power.

Maybe he'll recapture his form if he can stay away from injuries.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Although his Man United career has ended in an unexpected fashion, we can't deny that he truly made a dream start.

He won the title, top scored, scored a hat-trick at Old Trafford to clinch the title, got two goals against us as well as a guard of honour at the Emirates.

He literally couldn't have chosen a better script.

Sir Alex's retirement clearly jolted him, who was possibly the main reason why he opted to join Man United over Man City.

He felt isolated under Moyes, and I expected LvG to revitalize him, but that wasn't to be, and the fact that he is done at the top level just 3 years after moving to Man United must be very hard for him to cope with.

I'm surprised at his decline though. I was under the impression that he was one of those attackers who will do well at this level deep into his 30's, since his game is built around technique and movement, not pace and power.

Maybe he'll recapture his form if he can stay away from injuries.
Has red cafe stopped accepting members?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Literally came on to post what @BobP asked.

The top players that have left us have all gone onto flop aside from Cashley. Fabregas arrived to a fanfare and in the end the fans wanted rid. RVP had a fantastic season and flopped, ordinarily this would be referred to as a one season wonder. Henry won the CL but from memory wasn't a regular and wasn't overly missed. Hleb was a foot note. Flamini was good for us and left Milan unwanted and unloved. Anelka, going that far back, never hit the heights expected.

All these players and more have left but they were bit parts or in the end unwanted. They achieved what they wanted medals and trophies but none can truly claim legendary status at any of their clubs as we will remember them as traitors and their new clubs will remember them as players that needed replaced for the wrong reasons.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Literally came on to post what @BobP asked.

The top players that have left us have all gone onto flop aside from Cashley. Fabregas arrived to a fanfare and in the end the fans wanted rid. RVP had a fantastic season and flopped, ordinarily this would be referred to as a one season wonder. Henry won the CL but from memory wasn't a regular and wasn't overly missed. Hleb was a foot note. Flamini was good for us and left Milan unwanted and unloved. Anelka, going that far back, never hit the heights expected.

All these players and more have left but they were bit parts or in the end unwanted. They achieved what they wanted medals and trophies but none can truly claim legendary status at any of their clubs as we will remember them as traitors and their new clubs will remember them as players that needed replaced for the wrong reasons.
Do you think it really matters to these people what you or I think of them. A lot of the high profile players who have left us have gone on to win things and play in better teams. A lot of the posts I'm reading on here (not yours though) have been rawk level stuff, most recently RVP going to Turkey. I don't think we can really say I told you so to a lot of these players untill we actually win something.

Persie thanked arsenal fans in his facebook post. How cute.

Always glad that I were not mad at him... Hope he comes back to us one day, his wife is missed here!

amirkat

Established Member
Persie thanked arsenal fans in his facebook post. How cute.

Always glad that I were not mad at him... Hope he comes back to us one day, his wife is missed here!

LOL Is that the first time he's acknowledged the fans since that letter?

Only person he should be thanking is Wenger for making him the player he is.

Of course he thanks Arsenal, he is trying to build bridges between arsenal and united fans...

I loved the time he played for us. Wonderful player and fantastic character!

a_fourteen

Established Member
He said in his letter to the fans in many aspects I disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward. Three seasons later he's off to turkey. Miserable bastard got what he deserved. Enjoy your one premier league title knowing Clichy has three.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I can't help but love him a little bit, since he's Dutch and I always found him to be a great footballer. Technically so gifted.

Nah **** that, he's a ****.

Top Bottom