Ex-Gunner Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by Bossa, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

...was convinced big Welbz, was the second coming of Henry after this game...shame.

2. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I think he was a bad trainer, managers must have seen something to turn them off. Shame, my man Lucas didn't need to train! :lol:

Flying Okapis and KrissKringle like this.
  3. tap-in

Sorry, I'm the wrong man when it comes to Welbz, I thought he was a huge mistake from day one. I know he had a couple of good games, Man Utd FA Cup springs to mind, but the number of assaults on row Z will always stick with me.

I remember @Dury having a tag line that Welbeck was like a Horse falling out of a Helicopter, I agree with that! :lol:

Flying Okapis likes this.
  4. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

In fact it was a CL game, so you boy had as many CL hat-tricks for Arsenal as Henry.

tap-in likes this.
  5. tap-in

Oh yes CL, I remember now people said "It's only Basel" I just assumed EL because CL seems years ago!

6. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I'm quite bored. So I'm watching this entire match.

My god Hleb was unreal. Hleb, Cesc and Adebayor that entire season were so so good together. We could do with someone like Hleb now, someone who can carry the ball distances under pressure from opposition. Extremely press-resistant and doesn't lose the ball easily.

Riou likes this.
  7. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Perfect wide playmaker was Hleb, one of the best dribblers we have had, Alex was excellent in our Champions League in 2006 too.

Midfield we have now is miles away from Hleb-Cesc-Rozza, every team in the country feared us back then.

Love Adebayor and Rosicky running into eachother just after the kick off :lol:

Toby Andrl and Tir Na Nog like this.
  8. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

@Tir Na Nog

His second half in this shows how impossible it looked to get the ball of him, excellent passer too, so many great players that year..2007-2008, to be 16 again!

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  9. Tir Na Nog

Linkin Park ffs :lol:

10. Tir Na Nog

I used to love them tbf, it just seems weird hearing that type of music on a compilation, you can tell it's from a while back.

Riou likes this.
  11. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

...best number 10 English football has ever seen.

DasBootist likes this.
  12. avalonhse

avalonhse Well-Known Member

13. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Always loved this finish. Made it look so easy.

14. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Eduardo scored the winner against us in that match, it was a little awkward :lol:

Saw this one today...

...brilliant player!

15. Marjorie

Always stands out to me because it was pretty much identical to the goal he scored a few months earlier at the world cup

Riou likes this.
  16. Marjorie

17. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

...him and Rocky, two players I would have loved to have watched.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  18. Marjorie

I'll be surprised if anyone objects this

It was pretty gutting he didn't get a proper send-off

19. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

We have moved beyond Ramsey. As much as I liked him as a player. he only had about 2 half seasons of world class performances on a consistent basis.

Even if we disregard the injury concerns, his salary demands wouldn't make for a sound investment.

20. Marjorie

one of my all time favourites

Riou likes this.