• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

@Macho

samuel-l-jackson-shocked.gif

... hearing it, ngl!

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, their final years here muddied both their reps but the pair of them carried the team for a couple years for sure.

I wouldn't say we needed them as I'd rather we moved on than read what people on here thought of them, but considering people are happy with Havertz I guess gunnapolan has a point :lol:

I saw this the other day which I'm sure you'd find interesting lol

IMG_0599.jpg

The way the fans had the pitchforks out for Auba yet he carried the whole club on his back in 19/20 :lol: that's why I have zero respect for our fanbase.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Aubama-zette 2018-2020...

tenor.gif

...very short but very sweet!

Pepe was in there too of course, but he always felt just a touch out of place...like a younger brother your mum was forcing you to hang out with 😅

Glad they got the FA Cup win here together, wish fans were in the stadium for that moment.

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

I saw this the other day which I'm sure you'd find interesting lol

View attachment 24796

The way the fans had the pitchforks out for Auba yet he carried the whole club on his back in 19/20 :lol: that's why I have zero respect for our fanbase.

Interesting for a lot of reasons :lol:

Cool to see Saka up there though, looks about right. Nketiah considering his minutes and reputation is surprising too.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Interesting for a lot of reasons :lol:

Cool to see Saka up there though, looks about right. Nketiah considering his minutes and reputation is surprising too.

I think that’ll be my go to whenever I see any Auba slander from here on out 😂

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
So to sum it up, Auba got permission to leave on a specific day, circumstances made him do it on a different day - which he presumably didn't communicate and just thought was okay? - missed training as a result which was probably the last straw for Arteta after similar things had happened several times before.

It reads to me like if it was another player with no history of mistakes like this, it'd probably have been fine, but this was just the culmination of Arteta being fed up with it as he was the captain etc.

Honestly, the biggest mistake in all of this to me is Arteta making Auba captain in the first place when he was so clearly not the type of person he'd want as captain. Why put that extra responsibility onto someone you don't really trust? It could only end like this.

No one looks good here, but Auba's version doesn't really contradict anything we know. AFAIK it was reported he was allowed to leave but didn't follow the schedule, which he also says here.

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

So to sum it up, Auba got permission to leave on a specific day, circumstances made him do it on a different day - which he presumably didn't communicate and just thought was okay? - missed training as a result which was probably the last straw for Arteta after similar things had happened several times before.

It reads to me like if it was another player with no history of mistakes like this, it'd probably have been fine, but this was just the culmination of Arteta being fed up with it as he was the captain etc.

Honestly, the biggest mistake in all of this to me is Arteta making Auba captain in the first place when he was so clearly not the type of person he'd want as captain. Why put that extra responsibility onto someone you don't really trust? It could only end like this.

No one looks good here, but Auba's version doesn't really contradict anything we know. AFAIK it was reported he was allowed to leave but didn't follow the schedule, which he also says here.

I knew somebody was going to come in here and defend it or whatever.

Now that Arteta with tons of credit in the bank and Arsenal in a comfy position now, along with a lot more experience under his belt I highly doubt he deals with one of his depressed players like this going forward.

It's clear Arteta was in a crisis at the time and felt betrayed whilst not having time for anybody else's sh*t.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Tbh Mikel could have been more considerate considering Auba's situation with his mom during covid times and it is poor from Mikel. But given that Auba was previously late for NLD and similar incidents and also the pressure in that season (after finishing 8th previous season) probably got to Arteta

Dokaka

I knew somebody was going to come in here and defend it or whatever.

Now that Arteta with tons of credit in the bank and Arsenal in a comfy position now, along with a lot more experience under his belt I don't feel like he deals with one of his depressed players like this going forward.

It's clear Arteta was in a crisis at the time and just didn't have time for nobody else's sh*t.

How did I defend it? I said no one looks good and the biggest mistake was on Arteta.

You're right that Arteta was clearly feeling the pressure at the time and this was probably a mix of awful timing, one mistake too many and everything coming to a head etc.

Yup, alcohol abuse sounds right against depression! Sadly it's difficult to be in a very competitive environment where nobody is going to do you a favor.

Dokaka

You said Arteta's biggest mistake was trusting Auba :lol:

That is the most uncharitable way you could possibly read what I wrote mate, come on.

Arteta effectively turned Auba's personality into a problem and made it 100x worse by keeping him as captain. It's Arteta's mistake as he was the only one with any authority in this situation. It's clear that Arteta didn't trust Auba from day 1. His mistake wasn't trusting Auba, his mistake was keeping a character captain who was completely antithetical to his own approach.

If you're going to go with a zero tolerance approach to training, meetings etc, having Aubameyang as the captain - a player with a long history of being fairly lax with his approach to those things - is moronic. It doesn't mean Auba is a **** person, it just means he's a terrible choice of captain for a person like Arteta, and Auba didn't appoint himself captain.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Seems like the issue was that Auba didn't communicate he needed another day off + culmination of past behaviour.

Seems pretty weird for us with normal jobs, if I took a day off from work to visit my sick mother and realized I needed another day I would tell my boss I need another day off no? Arteta’s reaction was definitely over the top given the situation but in any other job the expectation would be you inform your boss. Seems like it was the final straw.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its painful reading that snippet from Auba, he was and still is one of us.

Arteta knew the gravity of Auba's situation and he knowingly overreacted.
The real issue here wasnt Auba's lateness or not being an example, the issue was a chance to get Auba out of the club. That was the goal here really.

This is a mark on Arteta's time at the club, make no mistake about it.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Seems like it was a straw that broke the camels back in that situation. I'm not a fan of how Arteta dealt with him there though. Family stuff should be given more leeway. This is just one side of the story though tbf.

I really don't think that Auba was one of the bad personalities at the club. Seemed like a good dude.

Hopefully he's doing okay now.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

Auba was already captain and had been selected by the players following the Xhaka debacle. It would have been very difficult for the rookie coach to bin him off the captaincy on day one given there were no other obvious candidates. Turned out Laca was a better captain, but he was in and out of the team.

From what I read at the time the big issue was that Auba didn't tell anyone he was going to be staying overnight so the club just knew he was missing until he turned up. They knew he was going to see his sick mother but didn't know what was going on.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 18

Arsenal’s primary focus is strengthening their midfield, with the club leaning towards adding #6 due to having more options for this position in the market [Gunnerblog]

Arsenal will continue to follow Benjamin Šeško’s progress and maintain a relationship with the player [Gunnerblog]

Monaco midfielder Aleksandr Golovin says he would be open to joining Arsenal: “But if you move, then only to top clubs. PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid. I would also say Arsenal, because I have always had sympathy for this club.” [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom