Ex-Gunner Watch

Discussion in 'Arsenal History' started by Bossa, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Dokaka

Dokaka AM's resident Hammer

It's the correct decision though I think. My first instinct was own goal as well, and I highly doubt it'd gone in had Dann not changed the direction of the shot.

It's only 1 goal anyway, still a legend, and still the best striker to ever grace the league ;)

2. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

3. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

A Dubious Goals Panel??

Get a life!

4. Yaya

Yaya New Member Trusted

Bollocks.

5. Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike Member

Why doesn't this panel erase all the goals Man United got by cheating?

Even if it only eliminated half, they'd lose several League titles.

6. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Is there a "Dubious Fergie Time" panel?

7. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

****ing basterds!

8. Yaya

Yaya New Member Trusted

*Bastards. :wink:

9. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

pretty sure there was a Tarantino reference in there somewhere Yaya.. heh

10. outlaw_member

outlaw_member New Member

Haha, yeah, ever since Inglorious Basterds...

11. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

Tarantino's best IMO

12. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Love that movie.

13. dpt49

dpt49 New Member

"Dubious goals panel"

It should be "dodgy goals panel" aimed predominantly at all the goals Man u have got through playing way over injury time, dodgy penalties, free kicks, corners and players staying on the pitch when they should have been sent off.

What about all the goals Henry has had disallowed through dodgy decisions.

I hope the goals that have gone over the line that were not given are changed as well.

Who makes this stuff up, and do they get paid for it, if they do I would like to apply for a job, it looks pretty easy.

14. clockwork orange

clockwork orange Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy" Elite

What load of ....

When will those dubious people scrutinise Fat Frank's goal record? Should be a double digit reduction because of oppostion's own goals wrongly rated as deflections.

15. jerome2158

jerome2158 New Member

while it's a shame, some of the responses posted honestly make us look like crybabies. Honestly, going from henry/dubious goal panel to man utd cheating makes us all look pathetic.

Henry lost a goal, which in my opinion is the correct decision. Why it's being made now, i have no idea. You'd think they could meet every monday morning and review the weeks goals, but whatever, it is what it is. He'll just have to come back around again and score 2 more just to spite them.

16. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Thing is, they do take the effort to set up a 'Dubious Goals Panel' but so often players get away with diving and other disgraceful stuff, yet they go unpunished.

Why does the FA not make more effort to ban divers and improve the game overall instead of taking away goals which benefits no one to be frank.

17. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

Completely agree Vinci. Who really cares whether Henry's goal total is 228 or 229?

Do Blackburn benefit? No. Do Arsenal benefit? No. Does anyone actually care, other than being a little irked? No.

They need to put this dubious goals panel to work retrospectively banning Ashley Young, Luis Suarez and friends for their diving antics.

18. Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike Member

Big DAP to Martin Tyler for promoting Eboue's brand-news Twitter page:

@MartinTyler0
    Please welcome Emmanuel Eboue to twitter - @Emmanuel27Eboue. Great guy and player! All follow him!

(Giving someone "DAP" is giving them credit, respect, recognizing their wisdom.)

19. Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike Member

Manuel cannot make me sore.
    Almunia!
    He won't be 'round here no more.
    Almunia!

Damn, it feels good to know that Failmunia is now an Ex-Gunner!

20. Wouterus

Wouterus New Member

Eduardo with a brilliant backheel nutmeg, today vs Estonia:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46_h5Zd37s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46_h5Zd37s</a>