• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Any truth in this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/french-media-say-samir-nasri-could-be-out-of-mancini-s-plans-for-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... plans-for-</a>

Today's L'Equipe paper says that Samir Nasri may find himself forced out of Manchester City's plans next season because manager Roberto Mancini wasn't impressed with his first year at the club.

Maxifoot have picked up the article and say:

On leaving Arsenal for Manchester City last summer, Samir Nasri got what he wanted: to finally open his account. Champion of England with Citizens, the French midfielder hopes to continue his career with City and lift new trophies in the coming seasons.

But the international tricolor might have to leave Manchester earlier than expected. Why? Because Roberto Mancini was not totally convinced by the season (45 games in all competitions, 6 goals) of the former Marseille player, according to L'Equipe this Saturday.

For a first season with the club he did well and his second half of the campaign arguably overshadowed David Silva who had been so important before Christmas. The player himself was happy with his season and there's been no suggestion from Mancini publicly that he's had enough of Nasri.

An important part of the France team at Euro 2012, he could go on to be one of the stars of the tournament if the French progress to the latter stages. It just all seems a really odd story for L'Equipe to be running right now and, of course, Arsenal fans still stinging at his exit will pick it up and try to paint his time so far at City as a failure, which is ridiculous.

The player improved throughout his first campaign with Manchester City and towards the end was an important part in them winning their first Premier League title, for Mancini to just decide he's had enough already simply doesn't make sense. L'Equipe go on to say that Manchester City won't push him out but are prepared to listen to reasonable offers and won't rule out him leaving the club this summer.

Meanwhile, as L'Equipe were casting doubt on Nasri's future, the player himself was featured in a fashion interview with the newspaper's Sport & Style section. There were a few interesting comments from him such as how much he's obessed with the game "I'm not a football fan, I'm an addict. Even as a kid, I watched everything, I collected the figurines Panini, and it has never dropped. I like it.

"It is a pleasure to get up in the morning to kick the ball all day. And I always enjoy fully the emotion of playing in huge stadiums, to share my passion with the public."

On his biggest fault, the Frenchman said "I am resentful. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive and I have trouble. It's hard for me."

L'Equipe will hope he doesn't end up resentful about their article in today's paper edition.

JJU

Would love to see Bergkamp move into management with a long term view to coming back to us if he does well. But then I thought the same of Tony Adams and that didn't work out quite so well sadly.

graham_ka

Established Member
Would be awesome for him to get a gig with our youth/ reserve teams as he has experience in that department for Ajax and he wouldn't have to fly.

That being said, he seems settled in the Netherlands for the time being. He has always been a family man.

Bossa

Established Member
Would Wenger resign Nasri if he's available for 20m? He's still a big fan.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
I would bloody well hope not.

I'd rather any of Walcott/Podolski/Chamberlain/Gervinho get minutes before that rat.

Getting rid of Nasri was a silver lining on a dark summer.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2157133/Title-goes-here.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -here.html</a>

there's no way back for him tbh.. Can't see him being too keen on coming back, nor will the fans want him back.

MaestroCesc

Bossa said:
Wouldnt mind him if back if he wasnt being a **** after he left us.
Im pretty sure a section of the squad hate his guts such as people like frimpong. Wilshere and other people have publicly said they want to prove nasri wrong. So i think if he came back there would be alot of friction in the squad. So no i think there is no chance he would come back

jerome2158

Established Member
the only way nasri would come back, and I would take him back (and I've been a big fan of his for years) would be if he came back quietly for a cheap price, apologized publicly, then kept his head down, his mouth shut, and played his game at the highest level possible every week.

He'd also have to accept that even the most minor slip up and everyone would be on his back.

I like to think that in general, Arsenal fans are quite classy, and wouldn't be too harsh or brutal on him. The general rule is simple: give your all in our jersey, and you will be liked.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There are good replacements for Nasri. The problem is Wenger and the board didn't try hard enough to get one last summer. Wenger mostly builds his team with long term plan. If the club re-signed him, there is no assurance that Nasri wouldn't seek his way out again to another rich club (PSG, another Russian oligarch's club) for a bigger contract.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Do not want, haven't missed him at all tbh.

Excellent at pissing about, epithome of the Fabregas failure era. Prefer me some directness instead, Podolski and Ox ftw.

Cesc is always welcome though :D

:(

Uncle Mike

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
the only way nasri would come back, and I would take him back (and I've been a big fan of his for years) would be if he came back quietly for a cheap price, apologized publicly, then kept his head down, his mouth shut, and played his game at the highest level possible every week.

He'd also have to accept that even the most minor slip up and everyone would be on his back.

I like to think that in general, Arsenal fans are quite classy, and wouldn't be too harsh or brutal on him. The general rule is simple: give your all in our jersey, and you will be liked.
Former Arsenal star Alan Ball also played for Southampton, and they took him back after he'd managed Portsmouth. And then Portsmouth took him back after that. And they hate each other's guts.

And, of course, Portsmouth took Harry Redknapp back after he abandoned them for Southampton. (In fact, and this is embarrassing, not yet knowing about his facial nerve damage from the car crash at the 1990 World Cup, I originally thought that's what was meant by "He's got a twitch": I thought it referred to his unwillingness to stay in one job for too long: He "had ants in his pants." That he was an English version of basketball coach Larry Brown.)

But would I take Nasri back? Let's just say it would take a massive amount of humility and expressed desire to make amends.

So, with what I know about his personality and his character, the answer is, "Not a chance."

jus2nang

Am I missing something regarding Nasri here?

He didn't moan in public. He didn't talk about other clubs. He didn't feign injury. He behaved himself, made himself available and was probably even our best player in his last game (at home to Liverpool). He didn't force his way out of the club (the club could have chosen to pay him more, they didn't, they sold him, c'est la vie).

He didn't slag off the club until AFTER the fans started abusing him so he's well within his rights to ram the message down our throats.

I think the simple answer is that we have some very naturally bitter and angry fans at this club (people are already slagging off RVP :roll: ). It's not as if he did an Ashley Cole.

If anything the club should offer an apology to Nasri on behalf of the supporters so we can all move on (unless of course I'm missing something).

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, the first thing he said when he was tranfered was "i left Arsenal to win trophies".. that's about the time people started bashing him..

club issue an apology to Nasri on behalf of the fans? are you kidding me with that?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I think winning the EPL counts as a trophy, doesn't it?

He's perfectly within his rights to say he left for City for trophies. Until Arsenal win some silverware, we can't say anything about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom