• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Shue said:
Toure was borderline world class until the malaria.

Malaria? Like it's a sickness that you can't recover from. What rubbish. Two weeks max and you are back to 100%. He was a good defender who was a bit error prone. He generally looked poor when faced with crosses and couldn't head if his life depended on it.

Shue

Established Member
Perhaps it's a coincidence, but his form noticeably declined after that ACN where he was taken sick. Prior to that he was outstanding.

Captain

Established Member
The ACN after which he lost form drastically was due to them playing him injured for the whole tournament, he contracted Malaria the following summer.

Shue

Established Member
You're right, I don't know why I remembered it like that. Perhaps the thing about Malaria sometimes taking up to a year to display symptoms stuck in my head.

Timleaf

Established Member
I agree with Shue in principle, though. He had 2 or 3 extended spells of form where I thought he was one of the very best central defenders in europe. He interspersed that with the odd shocking spell of form aswell, but broadly speaking he was a quality player until early 2008. For whatever reason he's never been the same since.

Galahad

Toure was always error prone from when I started watching football again. Hed do one or two blunders every game and usually one of them cost us. I thought he did like Arsenal, but an Arsenal legend? Come on guys...

But Hleb and Adebayor? Brilliant I say. Now they get shown what quality they lack. Nobody seems to be really intersted in either of them. And Im so happy we are rid of both of them.

Biggus

Established Member
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
I believe, Hleb was our best player in 07-08 and the way he dominated the midfields of Chelsea, Liverpool and United was no mean feat and something we haven't done regularly after that season.

It's incredible how swift his decline has been. From terrorizing the best midfields in Europe.
Nah you're thinking of the Flamster. :wink:

Captain said:
The ACN after which he lost form drastically was due to them playing him injured for the whole tournament, he contracted Malaria the following summer.
....And then had to play along side a C**t.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Is it wrong for me to be wondering if letting Eduardo go was a mistake for Wenger? I though that him and Arsenal fans were expecting too much from him after his injury and had not given him enough time to regain his confidence.

Herbas

We will never know that actually. Maybe the move was exactly the thing that revitalized Eduardo? If he have stayed at Arsenal, I guess he would still have confidence issues right now as he would get really limited amount of play time.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
If he stayed at Arsenal and continue playing on the left wing which he was utterly terrible at..then no point really. Don't see us changing to 4-4-2 just because of him either

mistaT

Established Member
Can't wish anything but the best for him.

Edddddddddddd UUUUUUUUUUUUUaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrdoooooooooo

Bossa

Established Member
WOW, we actually play them already next week.

Cole, Campbell, Pires, Kolo, Vieira. So many invincibles who still play in the EPL.

Bossa

Established Member
WOW, we actually play them already next week.

Cole, Campbell, Pires, Kolo, Vieira. So many invincibles who still play in the EPL.

entropy13

Established Member
Sky Sports used a pic from when he trained with the club's facilities :p

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6511355,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 55,00.html</a>

Top Bottom