• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Two massive fails from skimming.

Firstly, in the wall against Tottenham, the "cowardly" thing to do would be to not raise your arm at all, as the ball was missing him.

Secondly, blaming Fabregas for our inability to defend when he singlehandedly dragged this team to the Champion's League many times over is just utterly ridiculous. If he couldn't defend, why were we in such a hurry to get rid of three defensive midfielders? It is Wenger's job to balance the team, let's not blame the most creative midfielder in Arsenal history for poor team balance.

future heroes

I'm sorry but I did not get what you wrote about the wall against Tottenham. Did you just say that Fabregas not acted cowardly? How could it be a cowardly thing to not raise your arm at all? Fabregas raised his arms and he took hold of Chamakhs arm and raised Chamakhs arm as well. That was a bizaree thing to watch.

What seasons did Fabregas "singlehandedly" drag this team to CL?

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
future heroes said:
What seasons did Fabregas "singlehandedly" drag this team to CL?

Won't have to go much further back than 09/10. RVP was more busy being injured than scoring goals, you had just sold your star striker and your most scoring forwards were Arshavin and Bendtner with a combined 24 goals.

Fabregas was literally the only top player for you that season. Vermaelen was shaky as ****, your keeper was a joke, RVP was out, Bendtner was playing on the wing for large parts of the season and Silvestre played 20+ games for you.

In that fairly weak team, Fabregas scored 19 goals, made 19 assists and was your top-scorer while still controlling the midfield.

Seriously don't think you cannot agree that he carried the entire team that season, he was phenomenal. Better than RVP was this season, easily.

Then there was the 07/08 season where he basically made Adebayor a star. Fabregas was an assist machine that season, making 23 assist while still scoring 13 goals. That was probably your weakest team in a long time as well, and the fact that Adebayor managed to score 30 goals says it all.

Fabregas is without a doubt one of the best players to have played for Arsenal FC in recent times. He easily rivals the likes of Pires and Vieira and hadn't he left on somewhat bad terms and stayed, he'd have become a club legend.

Wouterus

It is not the same though, Fabregas was injured that season for a couple of months, he broke his leg against Barcelona in late March. Cesc was incredible that season, but "only" played 27 league games. Van Persie played all 38 league games this season.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
This should be fun! :lol:

future heroes said:
Regarding Fabregas and Nasri it is fascinating to notice what behavior some people consider as the worst. Nasri left in a professional way. He respected his contract and was sold on an open market. The transfer fee gave Arsenal a fair chance to buy a replacement of a similar quality. After Nasri left, he's had a childish beef with some Arsenal supporters that are equally childish.

Nasri was hated on for various reasons. One - His hypocrisy.

As81XkjCEAEWKqQ.jpg

Two - He has inferred that Arsenal aren't a big club. Three - The view that he moved for money. Four - He jumped ship after being a passenger for years at the first sign of good form. Five - He bottled it when it mattered here and still acts like 'a big time Charlie.' Six - He's talked non-stop about the club and fans in a negative fashion after leaving. Seven - He's been reasonably poor for ****ty, yet paraded the PL title win as if he was Aguero. I'm sure I've missed some, but they're the ones off the top of my head.

- Posted by me a week or so ago.

future heroes said:
Fabregas on the other hand was the captain of the team but refused to play for us. He did not respect his contract.

Don't throw statements out there like that without proof. Care to provide evidence?

future heroes said:
He whored himself out to Barcelona by publicly stating that "it is not up to me anymore" about his future club career when he had a contract until 2015 (from that day he was dead to me as an Arsenal player).

That's certainly a bias interpretation to say the least. He could equally be pointing out that Wenger has the choice (Funnily enough, just as he gave Wenger the choice in 2010 and Wenger told him - you're staying). Cesc did and played out another season without a bad word.

future heroes said:
His performance at Nou Camp in 2011 where Fabregas was more interested in bonding with the Barcelona players than standing up for the team mates in the team he captained, that was the most disgraceful performance I ever seen from an Arsenal captain.

Last time I checked he ran his heart out and played through injury. Not to mention his performance at the Emirates in the first leg where he got a pre assist for Arshavin's goal and created a few chances for RvP despite Xavi and Iniesta marking him heavily throughout the game. Wilshere gets all the praise for his performance, but it was Cesc's ability that created the space for him. Not to mention his penalty the previous year at the Emirates (Which was taken with a suspected broken leg IIRC).

future heroes said:
When Fabregas grew tired of the project (do not buy mature superstars but give a chance very early to young talents) that made him a superstar, he stabbed Wenger in the back and held the club hostage which meant that we did not get his true transfer value.

Fabregas fvcked Arsenal over by keeping the club hostage by playing Barcelona's dirty transfer game, which meant that we missed out on £20M.

Didn't he stick with the project from 2006?

Stabbed Wenger in the back? :lol: He carried Wenger's team on his back for several seasons.

Held the club hostage certainly, really, really stretches it. He chose the one club he loved as much as Arsenal. Having a hometown club and team you supported as a lad is not holding 'the club hostage.'

future heroes said:
There is more to football than great passing. I respect Ray Parlour and Martin Keown as Arsenal players. They understood what it meant to wear the cannon on the chest.

Are you seriously implying that Cesc Fabregas was only about great passing? If so, I am absolutely staggered.

I saw the same level of effort from Cesc as the other two in Red and White. Two were more robust, but the effort was equal. Yet again, the fact that Cesc almost always covered the most ground for us shows a high level of effort. His level of commitment for the cause is his most underrated quality in his time here IMO. As SomGooner pointed out, Cesc really was a warrior IMO. Not in the classic sense of a robust midfielder ala Vieira or Keane but one nonetheless.

future heroes said:
Our inability to defend as a team started when Vieira left and Fabregas took over. Quite logical as Fabregas never could defend to save his life. With Fabregas, the balance of the midfield was destroyed. The attitude he showed was that defense was a dirty work that players like him did not had to do. Think about it, when the team was build around Fabregas we became complacent against cannon fodder in the league.

More exaggeration. Cesc Fabregas certainly could defend. Not anywhere near the level of Vieira but still to a good standard. Continually covering the most ground certainly helps his cause for being vital to our team defensively.

I can't take your second sentence seriously at all. It's not an opinion, it's a lie. Cesc certainly never viewed defending as 'a dirty work that players like him did not ha(ve) to do.'

future heroes said:
He could not take a bullet for his team when standing in the wall against Tottenham.
article-1342783-0C2B48B3000005DC-843_468x336.jpg

It was not the first time either.
article-1250166-083C77F2000005DC-780_468x286.jpg

Not exactly what you expect from your captain.

The lad's certainly made mistakes. He's not perfect. As did Adams when he skipped an Arsenal Match when injured. Or Vieira when he helped convince Nasri to move.

Just to counteract the balance of the photos, here's a few from the other side of the fence that you conveniently 'forgot' to mention:

Cesc+Fabregas+Theo+Walcott+Stoke+City+v+Arsenal+25YtRwcirKHl.jpg

16dbc0ea7c154fcce93a97f76d88fa4d.jpg

Cesc-Fabregas-shoots.jpg

Cesc-Fabregas-001.jpg

future heroes said:
In Europe he helped us control the midfield and I agree that we had a chance to beat every team in CL with Fabregas. Domestically we had a disastrous run against Manchester United and Chelsea during Fabregas captaincy. On the 1st of May 2011 we won without Fabregas against United with a midfield of Song-Wilshere-Ramsey (Ramsey scored the match-winning goal in the 1-0 win). That was our first win against Manchester United in all competitions since November 8, 2008.[/url]

And yet, I remember the 3-1 vs Chelsea where we ripped them to shreds in 2010 IIRC and Cesc was the MOTM that day. Or his solo run when we beat Spu*s 3-1. The 6-1 at Goodison wasn't too bad either. Or the 3-0 defeat of Man ****ty in 2010.

future heroes said:
With Fabregas we could lose against any team in the league. We did not defend as a team and we could not close out leads. Not that strange when the captain considered himself to fine for the dirty work.

Blaming one player for defending again I see.

I'll humour you, where's your proof that Cesc thought he was too good for defending? :lol:

future heroes said:
Actions speak louder than words. I would rather have an ex-player being childish himself beefng with childish fans (like Nasri) than an ex club captain that make himself impossible at the club which made him a superstar.

Once more, where is the evidence that he 'made himself impossible' for the club?

Fabregas is a manipulating liar

Care to prove this colourful claim?

I have no problem with extreme opinions at all. However, this level of twisting to suit your argument is not on IMO. I await the proof you have for your claims...

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Dokaka said:
Won't have to go much further back than 09/10. RVP was more busy being injured than scoring goals, you had just sold your star striker and your most scoring forwards were Arshavin and Bendtner with a combined 24 goals.

Fabregas was literally the only top player for you that season. Vermaelen was shaky as ****, your keeper was a joke, RVP was out, Bendtner was playing on the wing for large parts of the season and Silvestre played 20+ games for you.

In that fairly weak team, Fabregas scored 19 goals, made 19 assists and was your top-scorer while still controlling the midfield.

Seriously don't think you cannot agree that he carried the entire team that season, he was phenomenal. Better than RVP was this season, easily.

Then there was the 07/08 season where he basically made Adebayor a star. Fabregas was an assist machine that season, making 23 assist while still scoring 13 goals. That was probably your weakest team in a long time as well, and the fact that Adebayor managed to score 30 goals says it all.

Fabregas is without a doubt one of the best players to have played for Arsenal FC in recent times. He easily rivals the likes of Pires and Vieira and hadn't he left on somewhat bad terms and stayed, he'd have become a club legend.

Firstly, selling Adebayor in the summer was the best thing Wenger did back then, especially after summer 2008 and his following "season". Same with selling Toure, both had it finished here at Arsenal, for various reasons.
Up front we had Eduardo, Bendtner and for the first part of the season, Robin. The 09/10 team started well into the season, but once Robin got injured we lost our way. However, we fought back and have been in the title race, very much until the 1-1 draw against Brum. We've lost too many big games, that's been the issue of this team, apart from the injuy plague near the end of the season.
The team itself wasn't weak, the 2008/09 team was, this team certainly not.

Secondly, the 2007/08 team was the best Arsenal side I've seen since the Invincibles, and right until this day, remains Wenger's best in the "Emirates-years". It surely wasn't our weakest team in a long time, if any, it was the one who came the closest to success, with Wenger's changed approach.
Third place doesn't look impressive, but not once since 2005, have we reached as many points again, so far. We've also had four players in the PFA Team of the Season back then, that doesn't come from a weak team.

mo50

Established Member
Dokaka said:

As rwA mentioned, no way was 07/08 our weakest. Finishing 4 points off the title was the closest we'd been since we won it. Not to mention that ridiculous game at Anfield in the CL QF. We were minutes away from advancing. As bitter as I am about how that season ended, it was our most enjoyable in years.

That is besides the point. Cesc Fabregas was a fantastic player who gave his all for the club. It is unfortunate he didn't win much but he single handedly made us a few levels better than we were. I can't believe future heroes mentioned those hand ball incidents like it was a big deal. Talk about clutching at straws.

We shouldn't rewrite history now that he's left. I would've liked to earn more money for him, in fact, I think for a player of his age, talent, contract length and pedigree, we should've received double what we actually got. Our management is to blame for getting bent over so easily.

viper_001

Established Member
Arai said:
AC Milan decides to release Flamini....

Source

qZCo3.png

Benched for 4 years and cut off Bogard-style. Have at that, Flamoney :mrgreen:

Love the reaction he's getting from Milan fans... There's your legacy, Flams. Enjoy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=10151&page=147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthr ... 1&page=147</a>

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Had he stayed, he would have had a good career here, I'm sure of that.
Still have his first part of 2007/08 in mind where he was awesome alongside Fabs in central midfield.

However, he got what he deserved, though.

viper_001

Established Member
He only cares about money. He left Marseille on a free because we offered him a higher wage packet, and he left us on a free because AC Milan were giving him 80k pw on top of a fat sign-on bonus. Now he's leaving AC Milan because he refused to take a paycut, even though he sat on their bench for 4 years.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Feel a little sorry for Flamini, I read it was his dream to play for AC and it turned into a nightmare.

Like so many ex-Arsenal players, he failed to shine when moving on.

Flow

viper_001 said:
Love the reaction he's getting from Milan fans... There's your legacy, Flams. Enjoy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=10151&page=147" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthr ... 1&page=147</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:shock: Auch...

Hleb, Flamini... I hope Nasri is next. :twisted:

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Come on Dokaka, that's not fair and you know it.

Freddie left Arsenal at 31 after serving the club with distinction for 9 glorious years and you could see that he was in the twilight of his career and it's pity that it didn't work out well for him at the Hammers.

The man is a proper Arsenal legend and Invincible while Flamini is somewhere sulking and secretly regretting leaving us while listening to Whitney Houston's Heart Break Hotel with Hleb and Adebayor. :D

Latest posts+

Top Bottom