• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

jerome2158

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:
Cescy, what's the score? Cescy, Cescy, what's the score?

top of the league by 3pts, and leading their CL group by 2 points with 2 matches to go. That's the real score.

I'm sure cesc lies awake at night, just wishing that he could be in 7th place in the league, and a point back in his cl group.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Rumours that Eduardo might move to Kelantan FA, a club in the Malaysian league, since he can't get game time at Shakhtar anymore. No disrespect to the Malaysian league, don't know anything about it tbh, but a crying shame that a player who would be still banging them in for us at the top level has his career completely ruined by anti-footballers like Martin ****ing Taylor.

Well done to the FA for promoting this behaviour on the pitch, real passionate hard men with grit destroying fellow colleague's careers.

Loken

Eduardo could have been close to 100 goals at this point had he not been injured, he was one of the most clinical finishers in the game when he was playing and was always moving, he could strike a ball from anywhere as well as the next striker but his ability inside the area was second to none.

It's a crying shame what happened to him and that we never replaced him with a true finisher, when we lost him the 4-4-2 went out the window really and we changed to the single striker system.

Devastating loss.

evoh_1

Established Member
Diaby

Eduardo

Ramsey

All have had their careers cut down by terrible dangerous tackling that didn't need to happen from clubber players who should be drummed out of the game.

kopzilla

Always Negative
For guys who watch La Liga, how is Song doing at Barca?

Is he making the same mistakes like last season?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
jones said:
Rumours that Eduardo might move to Kelantan FA, a club in the Malaysian league, since he can't get game time at Shakhtar anymore. No disrespect to the Malaysian league, don't know anything about it tbh, but a crying shame that a player who would be still banging them in for us at the top level has his career completely ruined by anti-footballers like Martin ******* Taylor.

Well done to the FA for promoting this behaviour on the pitch, real passionate hard men with grit destroying fellow colleague's careers.

Top post.

Eduardo had his career decimated, all because Birmingham wanted to let us "know we're in a game", and "get stuck into us", so we couldn't play our free flowing football, which at that time, was second only to Barcelona.

Eduardo doesn't get injured, we win the league that season. Simple.

Shawcross, Taylor, and Smith are all terrible examples for young English footballers. Average/ shocking players with an anti-football attitude. Whatever Eduardo does next I hope he excels at it, he's not as mobile but still a wonderful finisher.

So saddened by this. :(

dpt49

Established Member
jones said:
Rumours that Eduardo might move to Kelantan FA, a club in the Malaysian league, since he can't get game time at Shakhtar anymore. No disrespect to the Malaysian league, don't know anything about it tbh, but a crying shame that a player who would be still banging them in for us at the top level has his career completely ruined by anti-footballers like Martin ******* Taylor.

Also on one of his first games back the press had a go at him for diving in the CL match against Celtic, when the game was already won, some even saying he should be banned.

Then conveniently ignoring Rooney diving in his next game against us, with a similar dive, and then again in his next England game.

When you consider Eduardo was our third choice striker you realise how far our standards have dropped since he was here.

leo_ense

Established Member
kopzilla said:
For guys who watch La Liga, how is Song doing at Barca?

Is he making the same mistakes like last season?

Done decently in some games, really poor in others. He still makes the same mistakes though but there's definite room for improvement with him. Still think we needed a top CB rather than an in between player like Song.

jonos14

jones said:

There are indeed rumours flying around here in Malaysia on Eduardo to Kelantan FA, though how valid the rumours are remain to be seen. apparently the Kelantan FA coach is a good friend of Eduardo's agent hence all the rumours. I have my doubt on how actually the Kelantan FA are planning to pay his wages, but 1 of the team in our league did manage to sign Daniel Guiza recently so maybe there is some possibility that we will be getting to see Eduardo live in action here in Malaysia

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Quite impossible imo. Eduardo is still good enough for 2nd tier european sides. And MLS/Middle east would all be interested in him too

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Raymond 'Donkey' Domenech trying to sale a book by accusing Theirry Henry of being a snitch, calls Anelka an 'imbecile' and says Gallas laughed when France lost to Mexico at 2010 WC in South Africa.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4654619/Raymond-Domenech-book-Nicolas-Anelka-is-an-imbecile.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... ecile.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would like our french speaking Gooners to keep us posted on this matter as I think it's going to get ugly.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't know if this was posted in this thread at the time but this is a pretty nice two part mini program on Henry done by the MLS. Covers his return to Emirates with the Red Bulls:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_GRBFKJZI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI_GRBFKJZI</a>

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Had seen that episode before, but not the second part of it. So thanks for that.

Just had a debate with my brother over this and I wondered what any of you lot thought.

What modern day footballers would you say are the closest comparisons to Freddie Ljungberg and Robert Pires?

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I've been looking for years now for a reincarnation of Bobby Pires, but I'm yet to find one. Shows how unique a player he's been.

Yeah we talked about it for ages and noone seemed to fit the bill completely, Belhanda's name wasn't mentioned though, that's quite a good shout.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
<a class="postlink" href="http://goonertalk.com/2012/12/15/ex-arsenal-midfielder-considered-return-to-club/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonertalk.com/2012/12/15/ex-ars ... n-to-club/</a>

As most of you guys know by now there were some 'rumours' flying around that Samir Nasri 'considered' returning to Arsenal.

I know it will never happen for obvious reasons but would you want him back at Arsenal if there was a chance for him to return?

I know I would.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
OMG no.. i'd have Fabregas back before Nasri. he's a dirty little c**t who disappears in big games. he had one purple patch in his time with us and convinced everyone he was a great player

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I don't like Nasri, but I wouldn't say he disappears in big games. He made a great assist for Arshavin against Barca and he scored a magnificent solo goal against Porto after you lost the first leg 2-something.

The £20m+ you got for him was ridiculous though, obviously. Last year of his contract.

He did play a big part in your possession game though, which you severely struggled to find again after replacing him with Gervinho.

Top Bottom