• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Airknight

Established Member
:lol: That part of our game died with Fabregas, not Nasri.

Wouldn't take him again because here he would have a vital role, and he sucks at it. With all the stars in City he has less pressure and more space to work, but even then there were rumours of Mancini being tired of him.

I remember when he was here in a Fulham match, he was raping one of their FB youngsters so the poor kid got subbed for the starting one and suddenly Nasri dissapeared completely, sums him up imo.

jerome2158

Established Member
I'd take him...

for one, he was one of my favorite players even before he came here. (he's since faded from memory unless he's playing for France)

He was also quite good at retaining possession and occasionally popping in a goal or two, something we don't always seem too capable of.

I think it's a bit unfair to claim he went to **** after autumn of 2010, because the entire team did really. There's a reason everything went downhill so quickly, and it's not nasri.

mo50

Established Member
If you could get him playing the way he did during the first half of the 2010/11 season, you'd have one hell of a player. It'd never happen though, the guy is on a ridiculous contract and he seems more than happy to see it out.

Man, so much talent but no testicles to speak of. If he only had a tiny bit of hunger to make it big he'd be a fabulous player right now.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Please god no, he can stay where he is.
Sorry to sound rude but he's already ****ed us during his contract negotiations, now some people consider taking him back and let him **** us again?

Yeah, great.
Read Adebayor isn't happy at Spu*s.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Dokaka said:
I don't like Nasri, but I wouldn't say he disappears in big games. He made a great assist for Arshavin against Barca and he scored a magnificent solo goal against Porto after you lost the first leg 2-something.

He's extremely inconsistent, he looked terrific and was one of our best players for about 2-3 months in 2010/2011, then afterwards he went missing and was useless. That's how he performed at Citeh too (the same could have been said about Adebayor) and that's why Citeh could be looking at ditching him. Having players like him will only ensure that we remain second best and not being able to compete for titles.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
The most 'recent' ex-gunner I'd take back in a heart-beat is Cesc. As brilliant a player as Judas is, what he done is inexcusable.

I wouldn't mind having Flamini back here to do a job on an opposition midfielder, he was wonderful at covering ground and tracking back.

Also I'd have liked to see Carlos Vela given more chances, but from what I've read he wasn't too keen on life in England, similar to Reyes, so he was probably a lost cause.

Eduardo will always has a place here as far as I'm concerned too, he stepped in when Robin had his usual 4 month lay off and played fantastically.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
scytheavatar said:
Dokaka said:
I don't like Nasri, but I wouldn't say he disappears in big games. He made a great assist for Arshavin against Barca and he scored a magnificent solo goal against Porto after you lost the first leg 2-something.

He's extremely inconsistent, he looked terrific and was one of our best players for about 2-3 months in 2010/2011, then afterwards he went missing and was useless. That's how he performed at Citeh too (the same could have been said about Adebayor) and that's why Citeh could be looking at ditching him. Having players like him will only ensure that we remain second best and not being able to compete for titles.

Inconsistent is a weird word as it can mean several things.

While I agree that Nasri was bordering on world class for a couple of months, I never really thought he was downright BAD before and/or after that run. When he didn't play to his fullest, he was simply someone who kept possession and occasionally made a good, dangerous pass and/or run. When he was ON, he dribbled around like the best and was a constant danger.

Someone like Gervinho or Ramsey, on the other hand, is a whole other world of inconsistent. When they're playing well, they're also dangerous and can make an entire attacking move by themselves. But when they're not playing up to their ability, they literally break down almost every attacking move, give the ball away at important moments and miss glorious chances.

Nasri, for me, was never downright BAD, just average when he wasn't on form. That's an attribute in itself I think, as he was pretty much always reliable to perform to a somewhat decent, 6/10 performance.

He shouldn't be relied upon as the focal point of an attack though, obviously. But he keeps possession very well and is decent defensively as well. And when he's on fire, he's bordering on world class.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I wouldn't be keen on him, but he could be another option for CM. I'd have no intention of using him in the attack, but I think he could be a good alternative to Cazorla in CM.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
GoonerJones said:
What modern day footballers would you say are the closest comparisons to Freddie Ljungberg and Robert Pires?

I'd say Pedro - Ljungberg and Özil - Pires.

That said, Pires is certainly a hard one to find a similar counterpart for.

SomGooner said:
but would you want him back at Arsenal if there was a chance for him to return?

Not in a million bloody years. He's everything I'm glad we've dropped - bottler, flatters to deceive, overrated, average, lacks end product, mentally suspect, a c*nt, disloyal, too much talk and too little 'action' and incapable of penetrating a defence far too often.

Not only that, but he'd be a bench player at best for our current side IMO.

May he rot further into mediocrity.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Pedro - Ljungberg is spot on.

Pires is a funny one, no one springs to mind. I wouldn't say özil, Pires has a more powerful style, was taller and more productive.

jerome2158

Established Member
I would much rather have nasri on the bench than ramsey.

The pires replacement or most similar question is an interesting one. I really can't even think of a good way to describe what Pires was for us, let alone anyone else even close to him. Definitely one of the most unique players of all time

VancouverCanuck

Nasri > Gervinho

However, given his relationship with the Arsenal fans, I am sure he wouldn't want to come back. And I don't want him back either. I'd much rather have a warrior who would put his body on the line for the cause...not something who would hide behind Dzeko during injury time at a tough derby match.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
lol nasri want back well its impossible mate your wages is over 150k + you are s**te forget it mate.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Dokaka said:
He shouldn't be relied upon as the focal point of an attack though, obviously.

That's the problem. He's not going to be able to stand sitting on our benches like Gervinho or Ramsey, and of course he's earning a lot at Citeh and will almost certainly want to earn a lot with us. So yeah nothing to see here.

Proof

Established Member
I wouldn't take Nasri or Adebayor back, character-wise both of them are complete douchebags. Even if Van Persie joined an ex rival he didn't say a bad word about the club, the fans or the manager and he also didn't celebrate when he scored against us.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Nasri did not say a bad word against Arsenal FC or Arsène Wenger and the reason he had a dig at the fans is because they were abusing him at every opportunity.

in my opinion Van Persie has said and done far more worse stuff than Nasri from the e-mail to the now infamous press confrence (the child inside him and shyt) and finally Nasri did not join Manure whom every Gooner I know hates with passion and let's not forget that he had the opportunity to go there.

@Proof Nasri never scored against us and I do not think he would celebrate if he did, I could be wrong but he's far more decent and humble than Adebayor ever was.

Nasri is more talented than all the wingers we have right now and with our current formation and the style of our play he would flourish and easily score 10 or more premier league goals.

jerome2158

Established Member
Nasri's bad rep is really just with the fans. He didn't betray the club or anything, he simply transferred because a club offered him more money, and a chance to win trophies.

He wasn't a youth product, he wasn't the focal point of the team, he wasn't injured while the club stood by him for years, and he never declared he'd be here forever.

It was just business, but the timing of it led to the fans hating him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why would anyone want Nasri back? The guy is a snake. Wenger signed him, developed him, stuck by the lad through his leg break and what does Samir repay him with? Leaves at the first chance after a few good months. Atleast Cesc stuck around for multiple years, Nasri jumped ship ASAP. I think Nasri betrayed Wenger and the fans.

Nasri has had alot of sly digs at us too, ''you concentrate on your 4th place, I'll concentrate on winning titles''.

**** Nasri. Another who will regret leaving Arsenal, in the background at City already, next step is a loan to Sp**s.

evoh_1

Established Member
All players are snake ****s their agents turn them into it.

Theo will leave and talk about his great times though felt the need to move to develop his career though he will always love afc etc etc.

Same lines everytime and you can see it with RVP at united singing songs, he doesn't really care about them or us its not important. the only thing that is important is their career and making sure the enviroment works for them.

Essentially f'ck all players now the only thing we really have is the fans and the badge, everything else changes and doesn't matter.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom