• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Marouane-Chamakh-011.jpg

Fat **** :lol:

Bigbludfire

Established Member
TakeChillPill said:
Was impressed with Chamakh today, shame he lost his way, would have been an excellent back up to Giroud.

Also respect to the crowd for giving him such a lovely ovation when he was subbed.

Errr....

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2551560/Another-big-game-snub-means-Coles-time-Chelsea-dont-rule-shock-Arsenal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... senal.html</a>

Yes please, the return of an Arsenal legend.

Into his advanced years, but has a season or two of decent football in him.

mo50

Established Member
Leaving aside his history, the guy is done at the highest level. Why the hell would you have him in our side?

ScotVieira

Established Member
GDeep said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2551560/Another-big-game-snub-means-Coles-time-Chelsea-dont-rule-shock-Arsenal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes please, the return of an Arsenal legend.

Into his advanced years, but has a season or two of decent football in him.
I know he left to make money (personal decision) but I do not think I'd like to see him in an Arsenal top again. He sold out!!!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cole has always been on of my favourite players, due to his breakthrough and impact at Arsenal back then - something thats always stayed with me. Is he past it? We said the same about Terry and Sagna last season, no? They got a second wind this season, I can see something similar for Cole, for a season or so.

Away from the playing side, would be great to have a winner and one of the greatest defenders of his generation around the place, maybe a coaching type role down the road too? Inspiration to the talented kids coming through.

I have a soft spot for Anelka and Cole, still, the excitement, buzz and talent around these guys, back then, is not easy to forget for me. Wenger would have Cole back if he needed a LB.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do you guys consider him an Arsenal legend? Would be sad if his move to Chelsea has tarnished his reputation to that extent - if a no.

jerome2158

Established Member
more of a chelsea legend I think. Won everything there is with them, and was there for the height of his career.

more than anything he's a player who did whatever it took to win. 6 FA cups, 3 EPL titles, and 1 CL under his belt...not bad at all.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
more of a chelsea legend I think. Won everything there is with them, and was there for the height of his career.

more than anything he's a player who did whatever it took to win. 6 FA cups, 3 EPL titles, and 1 CL under his belt...not bad at all.

All you have to do is kick a ball more than 5 times and you're a legend over there

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Stevez said:
Nah. He easily would have been had he stayed or even transferred abroad. You can't be an Arsenal legend when you played the majority of your career at Chelsea, for me at least. Legends don't leave a sour taste in my mouth. No doubt he was a world class player for a good 10+ years though.

Careful :lol:

On a more serious note, do you regard Paddy V as a legend?

jerome2158

Established Member
Paddy is a legend. He was here the bulk of his career, played almost 200 more games for Arsenal than for everyone else, and won a heap with us. Granted there were always the rumours of him leaving/wanting to leave, but he was still here long enough and didn't go to a direct rival.

And for his man city career...eh, he was securing himself a retirement gig and a way into coaching with an uprising team. Can't blame him for that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mourinho wants him to stay on and renew his contract, so sadly a return is looking unlikely.

A legend for me btw, came through the ranks, played at world class levels, helped us get success, part of the best Arsenal sides any of us can remember, part of the greatest rivalry in PL football etc, for a someone who left us at a very young age he made a brilliant mark.

Also, his departure was debateable, it's not an RvP situation, and he's remained very classy over the years. Still got a lot of love for Cole.

Top Bottom