• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mastadon

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:
viper_001 said:
8 years, Mike. 1 Third of his life he spent here without winning anything. Would be an insult to all he's done to compare him to those moneygrabbing clowns who only had 1 good season with us then left for the highest wage packet.
That's the point: To insult him. He deserves it.

He had these choices:

1. Tell Barcelona, "Back off, I'm with Arsenal for the length of my contract."

2. Tell Wenger, "I just spent a World Cup with a lot of these guys. Let me go back. You can use the money to get 3 players who can contribute what I can." In other words, end this a year ago before it got ugly.

3. Tell Wenger, "I'm going back to Barcelona, and if you don't let me, I'm gonna use my Barcelona mates to undermine you in the media and make you look like a fool until you sell me for a lot less than you think I'm worth. I don't care if it takes one year, or the entire length of the contract until they can sign me on a free. I can do this because I'm Barcelona 'til I die -- no matter what those mugs in the stands sing about me being 'Arsenal through and through' and letting me shag their wives."

1. would have been the right thing to do. 2. would have been unpleasant, but there still would have been honor to it. Instead, he chose 3.

He is worth the insults.

B@ll@cks. He could have sent in a transfer request to push a move through at any time. Failing that he could have gone on strike. He has always publicly stated that he wanted to go back to Barca one day but not before winning something with us. And for 6 years he told Barca and other big clubs that he was not interested in a move away from the Arsenal as he believed in Wengers project and was happy here.

He gave us one last chance last season when Barca were in for him and although he wanted to leave he said he was happy to stay, though his form did suffer after that. This season, with the club once again showing no ambition during the summer, he decided to go back home and who can blame him? He gave his all when he was with us but was let down by the club many times.

Despite forcing the best young midfielder in the world to play alongside Denilson, Diaby, Almunia, Squillaci, Silvestre, Vela, Bendtner and other such quality players at a time when Barca were winning everything, Cesc stayed 8 years with us, missing out on doubles, trebles and many other trophies won by Barca in order to try and win something with us, and he has 1 FA Cup to show for his time at our club.

I hate seeing him in a Barca jersey but I know he loves Arsenal and he had to do what was best for his career and as a catalonian he had to play for Barca. He is one of the best players we have ever had and has been magical for us during his time here. I wish him all the best at Barca and hope that I will be able to see him in an Arsenal shirt again.

Proof

Established Member
2 games, 2 medals for Fabregas. A player of his quality fully deserves it and I'm happy for him.

JazzG

Established Member
heh missed this thread :eek:

Great goal by Fabregas there, got a feeling he might have quite a prolific season for them in terms of goals.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Spot on, Mastadon.

This is perhaps the biggest reason why I can't begrudge his desire to leave:
Mastadon said:
He gave his all when he was with us but was let down by the club many times.

He scored a fabulous goal tonight and though it hurt, alot, to see him make a contribution like that in someone other than our shirt, it was mixed with me feeling happy for him. You saw how he smiled after his goal, a talent like him who works as hard as he does, deserves happiness. He deserves that quality that he has around him to help him get that.

Cesc is a classy young man, and he still will care about how we do even though he's returned to his first home. Uncle Mike, you are someone who will underrate this. His quotes about our win over Udinese and saying "we" got a very bittersweet reaction out of me. He will never forget what we done for him. However, it was still ultimately not enough.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cesc Fàbregas Soler
@cesc4official
Thank u all for your great support. And all i can remember in this moment is in what AFC has done for me in my career. Always in my heart.

Class. Miss him :cry:

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Am I the only one really enjoying Cesc winning stuff?

No, though I wouldn't apply the word "really enjoying". I'm happy for him overall, to succeed with the talent he has. I'll always be gutted inside that he couldn't do it as Arsenal captain, which he regrets too.

But as an Arsenal fan I don't think I can get away with being bitter when I've seen with my own eyes all the passion and class he puts into helping us win matches, and multiple times he has been let down when he really hasn't deserved it. That is the problem we have to deal with when people will say he can finally achieve there, what he couldn't do here. That is our problem to sort and when we do see silver again at the Emirates, it will be nice to know that we finally got there again, but sad that players like Cesc, who wanted to get there with us, never got to.

GDeep™

League is very weak
DJ_Markstar said:
Am I the only one really enjoying Cesc winning stuff?

No, I'm really enjoying it too. A great player and a classy guy who gave his all for nearly a decade at Arsenal, despite being short changed by the club. He deserves all the success he gets, I hope Barca win everything this year, I will be supporting them.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Cesc is worth the insults.
Mastadon said:
B@ll@cks. He could have sent in a transfer request to push a move through at any time.
And how would that have functionally been different from what he actually did? It wouldn't have been. It would have been better if he had: Because then, he would have been enough of a man to do his own dirty work, instead of letting those lizards Puyol and Xavi do it for him. It was not just disloyal, it was cowardly as hell.

Mastadon said:
This season, with the club once again showing no ambition during the summer, he decided to go back home and who can blame him? He gave his all when he was with us but was let down by the club many times.
Bullshit and a half. The club didn't let him down. The club MADE him. Who can blame him? Anybody who understands that he would be just another Barca benchwarmer had he stayed -- which he may yet turn out to be.

Mastadon said:
I hate seeing him in a Barca jersey but I know he loves Arsenal and he had to do what was best for his career and as a catalonian he had to play for Barca. He is one of the best players we have ever had and has been magical for us during his time here. I wish him all the best at Barca and hope that I will be able to see him in an Arsenal shirt again.
Magical? Was he magical when he kept getting hurt? Was he magical when he didn't show up during the CL Semis against United? Was he ****ing magical when he did that backheel on his home field (Camp Nou)?

I don't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt again. I'd rather see him in an orange jumpsuit. No, I'm not talking about the Dutch national side. What Fabregas did to us was a damn crime.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
Uncle Mike, you are someone who will underrate this. His quotes about our win over Udinese and saying "we" got a very bittersweet reaction out of me. He will never forget what we done for him. However, it was still ultimately not enough.
Fabregas has as much right to refer to Arsenal as "we" as Kim Philby had to refer to Britain as "we."

I'd have said Benedict Arnold... but that benefited an English side. Actually, no, it didn't, not much... and I hope he ends up as bitter as Arnold did.

McIntyre

Established Member
GDeep said:
I hope Barca win everything this year, I will be supporting them.

Are you kidding me? After all that those Barca c*nts put us through? And given that we're in one competition with them I truly hope you didn't mean EVERYTHING! Are you sure you're an Arsenal fan?

Uncle Mike

Established Member
McIntyre said:
GDeep said:

Are you kidding me? After all that those Barca c*nts put us through? And given that we're in one competition with them I truly hope you didn't mean EVERYTHING! Are you sure you're an Arsenal fan?
Thank you. This is the point that the Cesc fanboys (and fangirls) are refusing to grasp.

Don't even get me started on what the Barca players are trying to grasp... and I don't mean cups. I mean their REAL trophy.

McIntyre

Established Member
@Uncle Mike

I'm so glad there's somebody else on this board who doesn't cream their pants at the mention of Fabregas's name and who puts the success of and loyalty towards our club ahead of fanboy love-ins and exaggerated/misplaced sentimentality.

IBL

Established Member
GDeep said:
Why dont you go off and support them then, I'll even delete your A-M account for you.

I'm grateful for what Cesc has done for us but he's now just another Barcelona player and I can never wish them or anyone playing for them well.

viper_001

Established Member
I like Cesc and wish him well, but hoping Barca wins means that ****s like Dani Alves, Busquets, Villa, Puyol, etc also win. Can't have that.

Hope he scores lots of goals and wins individual honours, and that we get to the champions league final with him sitting in the stands wondering what could have been.

Latest posts

Top Bottom