• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
With Hleb it's more "pre-goals" than "pre-assists". If you catch my drift. He had this ability to know exactly when people would score so he made sure to stay out of the way in order to not interfere. If you've seen Nicholas Cage in "Next" you know what I'm talking about. He sometimes made sure that we scored two or three goals without him touching the ball even once in a position where he might have been tempted to take a shot. Such devotion from someone who spent most of his time playing off a striker is a real rarity these days.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
With Hleb it's more "pre-goals" than "pre-assists". If you catch my drift. He had this ability to know exactly when people would score so he made sure to stay out of the way in order to not interfere. If you've seen Nicholas Cage in "Next" you know what I'm talking about. He sometimes made sure that we scored two or three goals without him touching the ball even once in a position where he might have been tempted to take a shot. Such devotion from someone who spent most of his time playing off a striker is a real rarity these days.

Lol, what was Cage thinking? Still, it's better than The Wicker Man remake.

Old school goal scored by Vieira, yesterday.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I would have wished we would still have Hleb.

Hleb Van Persie Arshavin would be creativity around the pitch with Cesc flowing behind them.

Hleb is still a player who i like to follow he was a quality player and he still is.

The same for Adebayor, quality player

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Accidentally found a video of Hleb against Manure in 07/08. Utterly brilliant. Missed him.

Ade? foff. Chamakh is already better than him

mistaT

Established Member
I wonder if Ade is aware of what he did to himself. Selling out to the money grubbers at City and now he's struggling to start....hehe

number_0

Established Member
mistaT said:
I wonder if Ade is aware of what he did to himself. Selling out to the money grubbers at City and now he's struggling to start....hehe

Tbh, I don't think he's complaining.

number_0

Established Member
IBL said:
USArsenal said:
Flamini is in the First XI of the top paid players in Serie A

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/09/08/the-highest-paid-serie-a-xi-arsenal-misfit-in-top-earners-list/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/09/08 ... ners-list/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The name Flamoney is well founded

Credits to him.

Someone of his level should be on the bench for aston villa, not be a top earner at the 4th best league in europe.

Biggus

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Accidentally found a video of Hleb against Manure in 07/08. Utterly brilliant. Missed him.
Did you miss him as much as he missed all the opportunities to shoot but never did? :p

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Biggus said:
Clrnc said:
Did you miss him as much as he missed all the opportunities to shoot but never did? :p
Tbf to him, although the criticisms of him not shooting is valid, he did shoot whenever he was in a better position than other players. Still think we would be better off having him in our side till now.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I believe, Hleb was our best player in 07-08 and the way he dominated the midfields of Chelsea, Liverpool and United was no mean feat and something we haven't done regularly after that season.

It's incredible how swift his decline has been. From terrorizing the best midfields in Europe to even Stuttgart not looking to buy him and ending up at Birmingham.

Shue

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Biggus said:
Clrnc said:
Tbf to him, although the criticisms of him not shooting is valid, he did shoot whenever he was in a better position than other players. Still think we would be better off having him in our side till now.
I'd take Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere, Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin, all ahead of Hleb.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
I believe, Hleb was our best player in 07-08 and the way he dominated the midfields of Chelsea, Liverpool and United was no mean feat and something we haven't done regularly after that season.

It's incredible how swift his decline has been. From terrorizing the best midfields in Europe to even Stuttgart not looking to buy him and ending up at Birmingham.

No, no, no, he was ****, just like Flamini, Adebayor, Gallas and Toure were. :wink:

lee1001

Established Member
Rorz said:
Klaus Daimler said:
I'd never laugh at Touré in a million years.
Seconded! The man is an Arsenal legend.

I genuinely believed he loved the club, but Gallas made it impossible for him to stay. I'm also positive that if he had stayed then Yaya Toure would also be here.

Whether we would be in a better place now with both in the team is another question.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
I don't know about the Yaya Toure bit, because we'd have never offered the kind of money Barca wanted or the kind of salary Yaya might have wished for.

Plus, any sort of deal with Barca looks unlikely in the current scenario owing to the Cesc situation.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom