• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Was watching this video again of Alexis.

The best player in the Emirates era, in my eyes. Seem to have forgotten the absolutely ridiculous goals he used to score on a regular basis.

Maybe coloured by the fact that I was seeing a 10/10 bird in 2014/2015, and my Arsenal memories seem to be a lot happier probably because of it :lol:. Was a shame how it all ended but one of my favourite periods of watching Arsenal.
11 minutes of pure brilliance! Thanks for posting! For me he was something really special. His quick turns, ball control, quick shot, fighting spirit, never say die, where he came from. Love that little warrior with my whole heart!!! Glad he played for us for a while. When he left we really lost a lot. Plus he was a player that actually improved at Arsenal. Easily our best buy in the Emirates era. :clap:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

One of my favourite goals I've seen us score. Depor where a top class team back then and we destroyed them that night.

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I hope its easy to get rid of Kola after his shenanigans. I dibt know anything about Schalke but they' won't have much money if they're relegated. So glad Mustafi is gone.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Just the best in his position, could do everything...

...Highbury, Champions League on itv, O2 shirts :drool:

@Mrs Bergkamp a causal touch from Dennis from this game...

...my boy Wiltord getting torn apart in the comments...harsh imo, an underrated player if anything for me...bad touch there though :lol:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

...my boy Wiltord getting torn apart in the comments...harsh imo, an underrated player if anything for me...bad touch there though :lol:
The first vid is the standard every Arsenal midfielder should aspire to. Even if they're not as good, they shouldn't be levels below. And yes, I do miss Adrian Chiles on ITV and the fact that every other week, a match was accessible to every UK fan. As for Dennis, two instant touches to set up a good chance. So lovely and so natural. You see that natural way of playing in Saka, Partey and ESR. Wonderful memories that kind of hurt a bit too atm.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Can this, well any Vieira compilation be pinned at the top of every thread about our midfielders or set it up so before someone makes a post about how Ceballos had a good game they have to watch this first?

Absolutely majestic. This thread just reminds me of how far our standards have fallen.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

For me, there's 4 guys from that generation who nobody has approached in sheer quality or style of play split evenly between ourselves and Madrid. Nobody like Paddy and The Iceman or Zizou and R9 exists in today's game. There's not even a homeless version of any of them.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Can this, well any Vieira compilation be pinned at the top of every thread about our midfielders or set it up so before someone makes a post about how Ceballos had a good game they have to watch this first?

Absolutely majestic. This thread just reminds me of how far our standards have fallen.

Still feel he's underrated by the majority in this country who aren't Arsenal fans..."Arsenal have never replaced Vieira", no one can replace Paddy!

The 2004/2005 season when our midfield was Patrick Vieira and Cesc Fabregas, it didn't really work from a defensive point of view, but its still the best football I have ever seen...**** Pep and his drugged up gang of midgets at City, not a patch on The Arsenal!

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

One of my favourite goals I've seen us score. Depor where a top class team back then and we destroyed them that night.

One of my favourites too, kanu was such an entertainer. That backheel against Boro and goal against Sp**s where he chipped the ball over the head of a Sp**s-defender were classic goals too.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
The first vid is the standard every Arsenal midfielder should aspire to. Even if they're not as good, they shouldn't be levels below. And yes, I do miss Adrian Chiles on ITV and the fact that every other week, a match was accessible to every UK fan. As for Dennis, two instant touches to set up a good chance. So lovely and so natural. You see that natural way of playing in Saka, Partey and ESR. Wonderful memories that kind of hurt a bit too atm.
Vieira was sublime, one of a kind. Still amazes me how people can claim players like Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes were on his level. All superb players but only Keane came close to Vieira.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Vieira was sublime, one of a kind. Still amazes me how people can claim players like Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes were on his level. All superb players but only Keane came close to Vieira.
Spot on. To me Vieira is still unmatched in the PL era of players that I've watched. As you say only Keane came close to that level of midfielder.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

"they didn't deserve me"
I'm a massive fan of Martinez but that sounds proper whingey from him especially the "way they were treating me" bit. Could say it's motivation for him but if he hadn't had such a great run to end the season I doubt he'd have got a move to be a number 1 at a PL side so it's worked out great for him either way, no need for him to moan about it. In fact you could say it's worked out better for him.

Top Bottom