• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He started 2017/2018 looking miles away from the team, but slowly became a key player and a starter before the season was out.

If he could have remained fit and motivated, he probably would have won Emery around too...he probably only had half the ability of his peak by this point, guess that shows how poor our midfield has been for a good few years now.
Thought it was really interesting how Wenger straight up said there will be no contract for you, then Emery comes along and says there's a contract on the table for you, but you won't start.

Easy to see how Elneny's happen or a Martinez can slip through the cracks.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Listened to the interview and the Athletic writers discussing it. Why can’t Arsenal at least offer him a training spot. He is still Arsenal through and through I believe and we should care for our own!
He still talks to Wenger now and then, he would have. Wasn't he team mates with Arteta? would be nothing to give him a bib but the club is weird.

mirrorstare

He's not asking for a bib, he's asking for a PL salary.

Think he realized he missed a golden chance to con Arteta to a 2025 contract and now has to face the reality where even Bournemouth say no thanks. He talks about considering his options and not wanting to stay without a club as if the season hasn't started already.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Sad read, but thanks for posting it. Hope Jack finds a club soon.

Arsenal’s old medical team really needs to be tried in high court. Jack, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby, RVP combined missed years and years due to the same injuries coming up over and over.

• Fire
Reactions: Xln

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It was technically Auba that booted him from the club...Giroud would have been happy to stay 2nd choice here, but not 3rd.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I didn't like giroud starting for us
But in hindsight giroud has been better for us than Lacazette

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Giroud was cancer to our football. Ex players really are like dead people. After a while you only remember the positives

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You guys can revise history but I will never forget the pain of Giroud.

Lacazette has never been number 1 so it was never as bad. Giroud is the worst main Arsenal striker I can remember in my entire lifetime.
Lacazette cost us 50m but was never first choice? 🤔

I didn’t rate Giroud either but trophies speak louder than words, can’t begrudge that mans career. He even won Ligue 1 with Montpeiller where Laca couldn’t do it with Lyon and Lyon are the much bigger club.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Lacazette cost us 50m but was never first choice? 🤔

I didn’t rate Giroud either but trophies speak louder than words, can’t begrudge that mans career. He even won Ligue 1 with Montpeiller where Laca couldn’t do it with Lyon and Lyon are the much bigger club.
Well as far as Arsenal is concerned Lacazette has produced similar numbers to Giroud despite being benched, rotated and sharing the burden with Auba for much of his time here.

We’ve never had a main striker as poor as Giroud in all my years of living. A lot of revisionist stuff around here.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
It's hard to compare strikers from different teams directly but personally I prefer Laca at Arsenal to Giroud. That said you can't knock Giroud's record and he's delivered wherever he has gone.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Well as far as Arsenal is concerned Lacazette has produced similar numbers to Giroud despite being benched, rotated and sharing the burden with Auba for much of his time here.

We’ve never had a main striker as poor as Giroud in all my years of living. A lot of revisionist stuff around here.
Auba played on the left majority of his time here, Laca is in and out of the squad mainly because he always loses form every season and plays terribly for long stretches. He’s supposed to be a starter but can’t carry the burden because of a lack of fitness.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Laca is in and out of the squad mainly because he always loses form every season and plays terribly for long stretches

This also applies to Giroud really... except we had seasons were we just couldn't drop him, as we had no genuine alternative, so we had to suffer through his crap-ness.

Nether are good enough to he starters, for what we expect Arsenal to be...good squad players to have though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Giroud had basically the exact PL strike rate as Drogba. Immense player.

Top Bottom