• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations For The 2022/2023 Season

What are your expectations?

• Top 3

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • Top 4

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Top 4 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 74 50.7%
  • Top 6

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Top 6 + Deep cup runs

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No Expectations

Votes: 7 4.8%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Sp**s
4. Arsenal
5. Chelsea
6. West Ham
7. United
8. Newcastle
9. Villa
10. Palace
11. Wolves
12. Leicester
13. Brighton
14. Brentford
15. Everton
16. Southampton
17. Forest
18. Leeds
19. Fulham
20. Bournemouth

...my non-biased predictions, based on what I think will happen on the transfer front too.

Feeling we might end up 5th now, feel the Auba transfer will come back to bite us.

Thinking we definitely have to win the Europa now.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Feeling we might end up 5th now, feel the Auba transfer will come back to bite us.
Why? We have twice the player in Jesus.

If anything, other big clubs are finally taking our rejects while we have the real deal, love to see it!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why? We have twice the player in Jesus.

If anything, other big clubs are finally taking our rejects while we have the real deal, love to see it!

I am an emotional *****, so feel a little better after having a night's sleep.

But hopefully we have seen the best of Auba at Arsenal and he is a little past it now, plus Tuchel seems to kill all of Chelsea attackers too.

We are playing really well too, which gives me some confidence we can finally return to the Champions League this season!

rockofcashel

City dropping 2 points at St. James' Park. Hmm, this season is going to be an interesting one!

Newcastle showed the only way to play.. and beat City. Go at them all guns blazing

You might still lose 5-0, 5-2, or whatever.. but its the only chance you have of winning.

Defend deep.. win the ball.. and immediately get Martinelli and/or Saka going hard at them. Walker will have nightmares about ASM tonight

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The sexuals told last season to adjust our expectations according to evolving situations.

Can we now adjust expectations for the title now that the situation has changed and our rivals are all looking vulnerable?

I'm just taking it game by game. There is some big test coming up, like how will we play in big games and how will we respond to losing. That is a thing we need to fix since last season.

It looks good though and we seem to have strong starting line-up. If we can add like two signings like Zaha and Neves I would like to see top3 push!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If we win our next 5 or 6, I’ll be fully thinking we’re gonna win the league. The spaz within will be screaming and drooling and the only way would be down. That’s what the game can do to you, but it’s not worth trying to suppress it. You have to go all in.

Regista21

The sexuals told last season to adjust our expectations according to evolving situations.

Can we now adjust expectations for the title now that the situation has changed and our rivals are all looking vulnerable?
No. Realistically speaking, Arsenal has a clear pathway to leadership until the end of September. Our next fixtures are against Fulham (Fighting relegation, but solid), Aston Villa (Mid-table, should push for Conference, but vulnerable right now), Man United (I will enter in more details, but a realistically win), Everton (Lower group in the table, vulnerable right now) and Brentford (Lower group in the table, solid right now).
About Man United, they will probably lose their match against Liverpool, especially now that City fumbled against Newcastle and Liverpool see an opportunity to get back on track after two draws. After that, they have two matches before we face them. Those are against Southampton and Leicester. Now, depending on who they bring until the end of the window and how their team behave after the 4-0 against Brentford, there's a mix of results possible. Anyway, by the time we face them, they may be more competitive, but we should be looking for this win, as we have the better team and the better moment overall.
Now, about the title race - After those first eight matches, there's a scenario that we could get to the North London Derby (Matchday 9) with 24 points and at the top of the table. For us, this is the best scenario possible. With 30 matches left to play, 90 points in dispute, we would need 47-50 points to make top 4, so a 50% win rate. If we can bag those first 8 matches, we would be in a statistical front-runner position for top 4. That also means a lot of pressure would be on Conte to win the North London Derby, because if we are statistically in, this means the race for the other spot is between them and Tuchel's Chelsea. We all know how much Conte loves Tuchel by that point.
So up to Matchday 8th, we should only hope for top 4. Because after this, we have a wave of difficult matches. North London Derby in matchday 9 (H), Liverpool (H), Leeds (A) and Man City (H). it's a set of very unpredictable matches. Depending on how we perform in this sequence of matches in October, we can talk about title hopes or not.

Top Bottom