• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations For The 21/22 Season

Expecations for the season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSBK

Established Member
Well this coming season could very well play into our hands but also it could very well end very badly.

For the teams in the CL it will be a very intense schedule of games that will test the players and squads more than before. The added pressure of fans back and bubbles for EU games i think will have a big impact around christmas when games will come thick and fast and there will be no room for error. Aside from liverpool you would say the rest have added quality to the squad depth and may very well cope but we will see. I do believe city and chelsea have the better squads and overall will do better, utd have a good squad and have made 2 key signings but those guys have to prove them selves and hit the ground running. Liverpool look like they are again going into a season reliant on 11 top first teamers and the rest not so great, thats a big ask.

For arsenal there is a oppurtinity for 4th or higher but for that it would be the fixtures working against the top 4. It would also be the players every saturday playing a 8/10, the manager getting the best from auba, pepe, white and others. Its very achievable, chelsea won the league the season they had no european football and so did leicester. Its a massive massive advantage having that time to prepare and have players ready to play 150% every week.

My big worry isnt the gap between arsenal quality and top 4, its massive and 100mill wont fix that. My big worry is the gap between us and Sp**s/leicester/everton/villa, we are not much if any in front of them in terms of quality. They will go into next season looking at the top 4 and thinking the same, fixtures will mount up and there is a chance to get in.

The first 5 fixtures will be key for next season, a good start and if we hang in till christmas who knows where we can finish. A poor start and it will be very hard to come back from.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
No reason this squad shouldn’t be able to achieve top 6. That’s a minimum expectation in my view, and if we can’t achieve it Arteta needs to go.

Tom Mix

I think there's another thread for this? No option for 7th and League Cup semi-final. That's my prediction.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I don't think our participation in the Europa and the cups had as much of an influence on the league as our performances and inconsistency did. For that reason, I can't see the lack of Europa compensating the consistent inconsistency displayed under Arteta in 1.5 years. We seem to always have a disastrous two month spell regardless which I think is more likely to happen again this year rather than a consistent top four battle with a 5th place finish. I hope I am wrong though.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Remember last time you did a thread like this @Oxeki ? Was genuinely the worst thread I'd seen on AM.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Top 6 and good football, tbh.

Weirdly, I would love to see us win the League Cup too...even though it's worse than the FA Cup, it would mean I have seen my club win all the major domestic trophies as a fan.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I'm really on the fence with this because I do think we'll end up in 5 or 6th without Europa but at the same time I can see another poor season like last year. We really have no excuse this time, I don't want to be too optimistic either.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This thread is laughable. 5th, 6th? People need to take trip into this forum's threads of 2015. Nothing but a league title was good enough for fans then. Amazing what a few years and a couple of average managers can do for expectations. Suddenly Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool are beyond our thinking. :lol: :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
This thread is laughable. 5th, 6th? People need to take trip into this forum's threads of 2015. Nothing but a league title was good enough for fans then. Amazing what a few years and a couple of average managers can do for expectations. Suddenly Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool are beyond our thinking. :lol: :lol:
Well it would be ridiculous to expect anything more, people have been humbled.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Bro we are seriously in decline, its depressing please don't compound it further. We are the new old Liverpool pre Klopp!!

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
We'll end 4th, bookmark this. And no, Hairspray isn't on this account.
Leicester are bottlers, Liverpool's magic is gone. United, City and Chelsea above us.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I demand a 1st place finish option in the poll as that is where I think we will finish!

happy shkodran mustafi GIF by Arsenal

ArtetaOut

There is no way we're getting top 4. Top 6 is the more realistic expectation. With Cone Boy we might not even get that and there'll be no more excuses for him anymore if he ****s up again

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Hard to say what's worse, people saying we'll challenge for the title (highly amusing given what we've been seeing) or people accepting that Arsenal's place is battling 5th-7th.

History shows us how hard it is to beat all 3 of the money teams United, City and Chelsea but Arsène and Klopp showed us you can at least mix it up with them in the top 4. We're still outspending Everton, Leicester and Villa so they should be beneath us and not in our thinking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom