• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations For The 21/22 Season

Expecations for the season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Normally optimistic however as we failed to address our biggest problem in our poor cms and qssted money on a cb qe didn't need- I am more persmistic than I've ever been.

What you think about the rumoured Bellerin extension?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I don't see how we're going to score or even create enough decent chances. I don't see how without Gabriel and White in beast mode, we will defend well. Bellerin will need to roll the clock back 5 years and Tierney will need to stay fit. If we had even done a minor thing to sort out the midfield or Arteta gave an inkling of more daring style, I'd be mildly optimistic. I think we may be worse than last season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

My expectations are falling the closer we get to Friday :lol:

I know I'm not the most optimistic person on this forum but this level of pessimism is disturbing, even for me.

We look so far off the pace of Liverpool, Chelsea, City and Utd right now.

It’s a big four with the next three being us, Sp*rs and Leicester if we’re being kind to our ourselves.

ThePortugueseGunner

Since we're not going to be playing European football, it's completely mandatory to make a run for top-4 and have good campaigns in the cups. This was the perfect situation to get a great caliber manager, because he would have this season to put his plans in practice, with less pressure and more time between matches.

I'm not an Arteta fan, and I don't think we'll manage to get top-4. I think we're going to finish 5th/6th and make some nice cup runs, depending on the draws. City, Liverpool and Chelsea seem like too much for our squad+coach to handle.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If Arteta is dropped early, top 4 still achievable.

Agree, then bring Conte or Favre for the next two/three years.

I'd prefer Favre, as he has done it with so called smaller teams, or teams along our current profile and relative budgets. Not perfect but would have us higher up the table, with a better chance of Champions League football again.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Atm we're one injury away from playing Elneny-Lokonga or Xhaka-Elneny. Our forward line until Saka is back is Auba-Laca-Pepe. We're throwing Lokonga in against the current 2 best teams in Europe in his first 3 games. Our only creative outlets are Esr and Saka. Our goalie doesnt want to extend his contract. Our captain is out of form for over a year. Our weakness was creating and finishing chances and we are now weaker than the end of last season with the loss of Ødegaard. We dont have a realistic option for reserve goalie. Our current left-cb is extremely slow and prone to mistakes, we hope Gabriel might get some starts when fit.

Added to all the above our players who are starting are surely demoralised after a summer of talk about how the squad is going to be improved and it wasnt.

Also we are going to have Esr and Saka targeted for kicking and late tackles every match as theyre our keys players without Partey so Im not sure we can depend on them for a full season.

Really hope we bring in some players.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I know the season hasn't started yet but was on the .com website earlier and had a quick look at the tickets section. There are still a fair few available for Chelsea. Our first home game of the season and it hasn't sold out yet. I know covid and holidays will be a factor for some but there's a possibility some have just thought '**** it, I'm not going'.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I know the season hasn't started yet but was on the .com website earlier and had a quick look at the tickets section. There are still a fair few available for Chelsea. Our first home game of the season and it hasn't sold out yet. I know covid and holidays will be a factor for some but there's a possibility some have just thought '**** it, I'm not going'.

We can only hope.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Agree, then bring Conte or Favre for the next two/three years.

I'd prefer Favre, as he has done it with so called smaller teams, or teams along our current profile and relative budgets. Not perfect but would have us higher up the table, with a better chance of Champions League football again.
Plus he'll develop our young talent.

D

Dial Square 1886

Can we get the league table on the site sorted out?

Our best chance to be top for a bit before any games played on alphabet and we second from bottom!!

(at least what i am seeing on the side of my page every time i scroll down anyway)

Top Bottom