• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations For The 21/22 Season

Expecations for the season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You'd think that top four would be Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

We'll be in the mini league with Sp**s and Leicester. There'll probably be a surprise team up there like West Ham this season.

5th or 6th is realistic. Anything above would be a bonus, anything below would be underachieving.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You'd think that top four would be Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

We'll be in the mini league with Sp**s and Leicester. There'll probably be a surprise team up there like West Ham this season.

5th or 6th is realistic. Anything above would be a bonus, anything below would be underachieving.

Usually the surprise team is up there because they have no European football to contend with, j'sayin ;)

Jack Circus

ESR and Saka should not be our brightest sparks this season, and if they are it means we've had another disastrous season. They should be bit-part players. Arsenal and Arsenal fans are traumatised from Cesc and afraid if we don't worship at the feet of our talented academy players they'll leave for someone bigger. Keep giving them massive contracts after relatively little achievement, gave ASMR the 10 after half a season ffs. People talk about them like they're generational, they're very good young players, they're not elite.

The senior attackers are the ones who need to step up. Pepe and Willian had fantastic seasons before joining us, if they can reproduce that form they'll be benching ESR and Saka easily.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I expect 7th or 8th, BUT, if White hits the ground running, we get Atletico Partey, Pepe explodes and Auba regains his magic, we could finish 4th of fifth. In the so called big 6, we are number 5. Leicester shouldn't be finishing ahead of us either.

Game Over

We'll finish 6th, with a new manager.

Arteta to be cannibalised by the home fans around November.

Gunners1616

I think we'll finish 8th for a third time. Same squad pretty much, same game style, same manager, same result.

Hard to believe we'll get better by replacing Luiz with White and Ødegaard by either Ødegaard or even Maddison.

It's still Arteta's tactics. He'll still play Holding as much as possible and still play Auba' on the left. He'll still trust Xhaka, Auba', Leno etc... no matter what. He's not gonna question himself and won't leave easily. The board clearly believe he is a top manager because of that FA CUP and his work as assistant under Pepe.

And no watter what you think of Mikel, the team is also just not good enough. Out of the 29 squad players we could get rid of 15 players without regressing.

Deep down i believe this is just Karma for hounding Wenger out with so much disrespect. In 2015 we use to have a squad with the likes of Cazorla, Ramsey, Oxlade, Özil, Alexis, Giroud etc... and we use to complain like crazy. Now the team is full of average players.

mirrorstare

I'm kinda seeing myself buying a new tv this season

I guess we can improve to 6th after city, united, chelsea, liverpool, and leicester. Not expecting anything from Sp**s (even if Kane stays), Everton no longer a rival, Villa without Grealish regressing to the mean, West Ham probably with no Lingardinho on fire.

The team is good enough to achieve this even with Artetaball, thanks to no Europa I feel.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
As i said before, this season hinges totally on the transfer window now. As it is, i wouldn't be surprised if we were on 0 points after the opening 3 games.

amigo

I'm going to stick my head out and predict that despite the doom and gloom no European football will benefit us and we end up 3rd to 5th. Leicester and Chelsea managed to surprisingly win the league from dire positions the year before when in that situation. We underestimate the effect of the travel and the stretching of the squad. Granted the current top four look very strong and are strengthening further but there are always surprises in football. This time we'll be the surprise.

OSBK

Established Member
Very worrying today. We setup and played the exact same as last season and that was a failure. We looked so open at the back much like last season, the forward players look scared to push forward and take risks.

If we go into next season playing that system, even with more players incoming then its going to be a horrible season.

Gn1212

Glad to see some calm and positive heads in here. Predicting a Top 4 finish and a final this season.

amigo

I think we'll finish 8th for a third time. Same squad pretty much, same game style, same manager, same result.

Hard to believe we'll get better by replacing Luiz with White and Ødegaard by either Ødegaard or even Maddison.

It's still Arteta's tactics. He'll still play Holding as much as possible and still play Auba' on the left. He'll still trust Xhaka, Auba', Leno etc... no matter what. He's not gonna question himself and won't leave easily. The board clearly believe he is a top manager because of that FA CUP and his work as assistant under Pepe.

And no watter what you think of Mikel, the team is also just not good enough. Out of the 29 squad players we could get rid of 15 players without regressing.

Deep down i believe this is just Karma for hounding Wenger out with so much disrespect. In 2015 we use to have a squad with the likes of Cazorla, Ramsey, Oxlade, Özil, Alexis, Giroud etc... and we use to complain like crazy. Now the team is full of average players.
Similar squad but will we play with our pre Christmas or post Christmas form? That is the question....

Top Bottom