<

Expectations for the season

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Oxeki, Aug 18, 2020.

?

Expectations for the season?

1. Title Contenders

8.1%
  2. Top 4

16.2%
  3. Top 4 + deep cup runs

42.4%
  4. Top 6

5.1%
  5. Top 6 + deep cup runs

16.2%
  6. Another inconsistent season

3.0%
  7. No expectations, just see how Arteta gets on

9.1%
  1. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Forget about it mate.

I'm keeping this one on.

sdotzdot and Camron like this.
  2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

This I agree with, I can't vote until closer to the start of the season.

Makingtrax and Oxeki like this.
  3. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

The only right thing to do is to lock this thread, and ban @Oxeki and @Riou

Squillaci and BigPoppaPump like this.
  4. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

@Oxeki proves you should need to post here at least 2 years before you have new thread privileges. Smh this is why we need the Lobby.

Oxeki and OnlyOne like this.
  5. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Tf is happening to this forum?

Mods pull your fingers out and help @American_Gooner out, guy's back is finished carrying the workload.

Get a couple of more mods in now. I suggest @krengon, @Jasard and @OnlyOne.

BigPoppaPump and OnlyOne like this.
  6. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Wow thought you'd mention me tbh.

Furious likes this.
  7. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Is our squad good enough for top 4? It might be. A direct squad comparison with our top 4 rivals come the end of the transfer window will help to answer that question.

8. Oxeki

I knew the usual suspects will be out in full force to spread their negativity on this thread.

predictable!

9. Oxeki

Coaching helps.

Comparing squads doesn't paint a full picture of good a squad is. A good coach can employ tactics to cover the weakness of his team. Emery had us at 15th despite 15th not being our level

10. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Gotta let the bum squad have a chance, would be too easy otherwise, so I picked two superb and impartial posters and onlyone.

Trilly likes this.
  11. Manberg

Manberg Predator

That is true. But coaching is less quantifiable, hence why I like to look at a squad comparison.
    If it’s the case that our rivals for top 4 have much better squads and we make top 4 then it could then be argued that we’d be overachieving thanks to superior coaching.

12. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Yeah I would delete every positive post about Lacazette or Torreira so I guess it's for the best.

Furious likes this.
  13. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

Not voting until we see more transfers. Based on Mari, Cedric, Luiz, Willian though, obviously between 6th - 8th.

14. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

:lol::lol:

We should have one mod spot rotated daily. Let us all take turns, the banter would be out of this world.

Ibadan and Furious like this.
  15. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Too early to tell but expect Spu ds and Leicester to weaken and we should be able to overtake Wolves.

Can't see us making a title challenge so 3rd would be our absolute tops but we'd do well to win the 4th place trophy.

16. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I just want a clear identity and a top 6 finish. Last season's signings need to become established players within the team. That means Tierney needs to maintain his level, Luiz needs to cut the crap and lead and Pepe needs to be making telling contributions consistently. Martinelli and Ceballos (if we keep him) need to be amongst the best young players in the league and impact on our season.

If that happens, I think next season will be a fun journey. We aren't one of the 4 best squads in the league, so I don't expect top 4 next season.

17. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Dubious username and avatar I'm afraid.

18. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

With bellerin not getting Hardly gwtting any game time: title contndera and EL or/ and FA trophy.

With Bellerin playing more than 15 matches in all competitions - outside the top 4.

19. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

Top 3.
    Cup win, preferably the Europa League.
    Xhaka, Mustafi, and Luiz all gone before the start of the 2022 season.

20. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

Really depends whom else we sign. As things stand, it's status quo (probably finish a bit higher, but hard to bank on a victorious FA cup run every year), with any presumed improvement coming from young players being another year older / Auba not falling off yet.