• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations for the season

Expectations for the season?

• Total voters

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I voted top 6 and a deep cup run. A lot depends on how the team gels and our hopefully new formation develops. Injuries will also play a part. I will review nearer Christmas.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Sp**s are looking really good at the moment. They do worry me because Mourinho is a top manager and they seem to be playing for him. Can rely on Tottenham doing a Tottenham and bottling things, hopefully.

Utd look a mess, no real plan or cohesion and I think they will struggle to come near the top 4.

Chelsea have very talented players who are capable of carrying their team on most match days. They are very capable of making the top 4.
We have a weaker team than Chelsea but I think that can be compensated by having a better manager. I don’t rate Lampard highly as a manager but I’m sure Chelsea have surrounded him with expert coaching staff making the tactical decisions for him.

Everton look very good. Smart signings, top manager... they could be a threat.

It’s very competitive indeed.
Im not worried. It will all come tumbling down soon. Dont let that win over Manure fool you.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Champo is all that matters to me this season. Need to get back to our rightful seat at the table

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Be in top 4 contention all season at the very least.

Europa semis minimum, I'd say we are slight favorites right now but you never know with the CL droppers, we could be facing Leipzig/United, Atalanta/Ajax or Sevilla/Rennes all which are though opponents, but bar that Olympiacos disaster Arteta seems to be good at cup ties.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Winning the Europa League alone, would be a 10/10 season for me with this current squad...returns us to Champions League, plus our first European trophy since 1994...yes please!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
At the moment the minimum expectations getting top 6 and get to semi finals in europa at least. The club view being in Europe is very important i think questions will be asked at mikel if he failed still don't think they'll sack because view him as long term rebuild

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Same.

Well, in hindsight that was too much to expect from this team.

That's another season written off now
I think there was real reason for optimism after the Partey signing but that City game in October started a ridiculous downward spiral. In spite of that, a couple more wins at home would've been enough to be in the mix for a European spot at least.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Play like we have the last 3 games, top4 is possible providing we dont get shafted by VAR/refs or injuries.

likely finishing 6th/7th though

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
It all depends on how many more times we get this Pawson fk the coming matches.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If there no changes in PL regarding var/refs then there no point we'll lose just alot of points because of it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I went for top 4 and its still possible. Tbh top 6 after our first few months would be a good recovery though. All teams will drop points, even City, so lets just keep improving and see where it gets us. I also think we have a good chance in the EL. We have a very good team when all fit and Utd could have one eye on the PL title.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Voted for inconsistent season, but secretly hoped for more after the FA Cup win. Things were more fun when I was on board.

This team and Arteta might surprise me in the Europa league hopefully.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Minimum expectation is European qualification.

It's been a rollercoaster of a time, from when we won the FA Cup and into the new season. Hopes/expectations were high from last season, although I didn't take the fourth place trophy as a given, but then we looked like we were in a relegation fight and now we've had a good run shattered by knavery.

I hope we can be at least 6th but it won't be easy. I hope we can win the Europa League but we haven't won a trophy in Europe in more than 25 years. Wenger failed with much better squads than our current one.

Having said that, there's always an element of luck, avoid the bigger teams as much as possible and when you play one, preferably in the final, beat them. Simple.

I'll take a Europa League win and a top half placing anyday.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I didn't expect much tbh but hoped to be pleasantly surprised. The team are on par. I want us to win the EL to get back in to the CL just to halt the slide and maybe rise up again. Id be more hopeful with more Hale End grads in the first team.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Voted for inconsistent season, but secretly hoped for more after the FA Cup win. Things were more fun when I was on board.

This team and Arteta might surprise me in the Europa league hopefully.
It's Europa or bust now.

Top Bottom