• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations for the season

Expectations for the season?

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Screenshot-20210521-213341.png

@HairSprayGonners told me our squad is dogshit but he voted top four.

Make it make sense

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I followed my heart. I was actually thinking we won’t get top 8, sure I posted that in here.
You did say we would be close to Sp**s and I actually agreed with you. You wasn't totally wrong.

Still funny you requested this thread to be brought up when you voted top 4 though :lol:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Screenshot-20210521-213341.png

@HairSprayGonners told me our squad is dogshit but he voted top four.

Make it make sense

goddamn it you beat me to it.

Still though, 60.3% of the forum voted for us to get top 4 or above (and 83.7% voted top 6 or above), goes to show that expectations were that we'd do much better this season.

No matter how you try and slice it I think the squad has unperformed this year.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bet @Riou beat one off to this thread. Proper weird goings on here.

...still have no idea what this was about.

Thought we could get Top Four, tbh...was foolish on my part really.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I didn't vote, strange I missed that opportunity.

I thought we would run 4th place close but just fall short and finish 5th or 6th by a few points.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
At the start of the season i said our squad was probably around 4th or 5th place. I said Partey would push us over the line to get top 4.

Main things that I was basing my assumptions on -

1. Auba just doing what he usually does for us, scoring week in week out. He's had a traumatic year by the sounds of things within his personal life.
2. Partey actually playing a full season. He's played just 1400 league minutes.

Which are both very fair because Auba firing + Partey playing a full season would've given us the extra 9 points needed to get top 4. Or at least be in contention till the very last day.

Like or loathe the way we play football the stats don't lie, and the stats since we've turned the corner at Christmas say we are quite comfortably in the top 4 without being spectacular or having a spectacular squad.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

At the start of the season i said our squad was probably around 4th or 5th place. I said Partey would push us over the line to get top 4.

Main things that I was basing my assumptions on -

1. Auba just doing what he usually does for us, scoring week in week out. He's had a traumatic year by the sounds of things within his personal life.
2. Partey actually playing a full season. He's played just 1400 league minutes.

Which are both very fair because Auba firing + Partey playing a full season would've given us the extra 9 points needed to get top 4. Or at least be in contention till the very last day.

Like or loathe the way we play football the stats don't lie, and the stats since we've turned the corner at Christmas say we are quite comfortably in the top 4 without being spectacular or having a spectacular squad.

giphy.gif

Iceman10

Established Member
Didn't vote in the poll at the time, probably because the delirium after transfer deadline day after expectations for the window have been downsized, seemingly by design (club/Kroenke's), is something I keep a distance from. Every transfer window seemingly ends up rated as 8/10 or above by quite a few fans (including some here) when clearly that hasn't been the case

Re-entry into EL/CL for 2021/22 was just my expectation based on minimum requirement with the squad Arteta had at his disposal. It was a requirement, not a prediction, although I would have said Top 6 to marry with that (EL qualification) based on City, United, Chelsea, and Liverpool still expected to finish above us, with hands full competing with Spuds, Leicester, and a few others even for 5th. The prediction would have been slightly wrong not based on squad, but more getting it wrong about the manager, taking too much from the FA Cup run instead of looking at things still not great with PL performances, particularly consistency-wise, and perhaps not seeing the "rookie" element coupled with ego taken too far, leading to certain stubborn traits seen this season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You did say we would be close to Sp**s and I actually agreed with you. You wasn't totally wrong.

Still funny you requested this thread to be brought up when you voted top 4 though :lol:
Surprised I voted top 4, i followed my heart, pretty sure I was thinking we’ll finish 6-8.

Think I was too high on my Arteta love after we won the FA Cup.

Been asking for this thread for a month only to see I voted some top 4 bs :lol:.

Latest posts

Top Bottom