• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Expectations from Emery's first season, 2018/19

What are your expectations of the new manager's first season with us?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

This Wenger narrative is getting old, just accept that he's gone.

Hard to predict right now whether we can make top four, too many unknown factors in play. Would expect the team to get more consistent results and to see a harder working side who look better prepared and are more aware of what's expected of them.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m not saying fire him if we finish 6th again (which I think is still the best bet barring proper investment over the summer), but it’d definitely be below expectations.
Noticed people have very high standards on AM.

Expect they all have amazing wheels, high powered jobs and are married to super models.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Think we can get to ~75-78 points which definitely gets you in the mix for top 4. Will be interesting to see how Emery juggles EL - it's pretty much poison for PL teams trying to make top 4 or challenge for the title.

I actually think we might have a bit of a rocky start to the season due to a rocky adaptation period to Unai's methods.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
For me, I am willing to write off the next season, to allow Emery to instill his methods into the squad. Provided we see some improvement in our approach to match day and become significantly harder to score against, while maintaining our attacking strength.

Personnel wise, I'm keen to see how the team looks under stricter instructions.

I do not think we are as bad as we are made to be. Our home form last season should be indicative of the potential this side has. Right now, I believe we are at least on par with both Sp**s and Liverpool.

Give me a cup run and a stab at top four as well. It would make a good extra piece to look forward to.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

For me, I am willing to write off the next season, to allow Emery to instill his methods into the squad. Provided we see some improvement in our approach to match day and become significantly harder to score against, while maintaining our attacking strength.

Personnel wise, I'm keen to see how the team looks under stricter instructions.

I do not think we are as bad as we are made to be. Our home form last season should be indicative of the potential this side has. Right now, I believe we are at least on par with both Sp**s and Liverpool.

Give me a cup run and a stab at top four as well. It would make a good extra piece to look forward to.

That about sums up my expectations as well. As long as I see some progression I'll be happy. We aren't that far away from top 4 and aren't as bad as we sometimes look. This group has more to give and hopefully with the right coaching we will see improvement.

FEH

I expect 5th and to bring a mentality where losing is unacceptable which has clearly evaporated here. Losses are expected but go out on your shield. Also some wins vs the big teams. That itself will be significant progress.

City are the only team I feel are a level up, the rest we should be able to make up ground on.

I think Auba upfront really is a massive boost for us next season. If he bangs them in and Emery gets them believing we could get top 3.

Problem is, we are so used to declining that a season where we improve and really scare the bigger teams almost feels undeserving or out of reach. Buzzing for the season to start fs.

Tony's nose

Well I expect us to have better away form !!
For me it depends what the board do.I just have this hunch that now they have a new manager they will expect miracles.

We will get an influx of mid to low range players and finish between 4th and 6th.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The minimum expectation for Arsenal should always be to finish in the top 4. Everything else is negotiable. I would expect improvement defensively, both through bringing in better players and improvement from the players already around. This will be the first full season with Özil, Aubameyang, Lacazette and Mkhitaryan together in the squad. The attacking quality should be as good as anyone's. I'll leave all the tactical stuff regarding how to get the best out of the squad to Unai Emery. I have confidence he can sort it all out. I see no reason why expecting a top 4 finish would be setting the bar too high. If Arsenal expects to finish 6th or 10th or whatever some might settle for, it will become a self-fulfilling prophesy. Expect success.

GoonerBoy19

Writing off next season as well, need lot of improvement in the squad. They should stop conceding stupid goals, improve off the ball play and no nonsense direct football instead of side ways passing and passing around the box.

Lot of players need to take more responsibility, we will see how they will perform in Emery's tactics and should ship them off if they don't perform well. Emery will get a decent idea by mid season regarding each one of them. Let's hope we will improve the numbers this year and will be more than happy if they do.

TheArsenalis

I always have the feeling that these players can do better. And i mean all of them. With the exception of welbeck. If emery can sort out the defensive organisation. And give the team situational preparation. Which in it self will earn us the usual loss into draw points and the draws into wins. This sillineness i expect to stop. Extra 20 points there. I dont like the way our midfield gets bypassed so easily. He also needs to give them specific roles and instructions. Attacking wise we ok, though it seem like we know not what we are doing.

We are not a bad team our 1st 11 is good and can do better.

My expectations are to for to us looking promising. Get us to be more optimistic than just mere hopefuls

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I want to see tactics on the pitch and good defending for a change. Tbh im not arsed if we make top 4 or not, we will have a great chance for the europa. I want him to impliment his way of doing things and be given time by all of us to do it. This is a massive rebuilding job which ever way you look at it. Next season he will get a free pass from me.

Dj_sds -

I just want to enjoy watching arsenal again. Exciting football, be around top 4 first season and progress from there. We have stagnated for far too long. With good coaching this team is more than capable to get in the top 4.

Top Bottom