• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fábio Rochemback

asajoseph

Established Member
Rumours are rife on the BBC 606 boards that Wenger is after Rochemback. I liked this guy when he was playing for Barcelona a few years ago, but he never really made it there, and is now out on loan. Kind of dropped off my radar since then.

AFCG7

Established Member
Hmm.. good player, can play as an attacking midfielder or more importantly can be very good on the right side of midfield.. cover for Pennant maybe?
I'd rather sign SWP for a few more dollars.

asajoseph

Established Member
Depends on how much in the way of 'Dollars' it would be. Rochemback might come for around 5 mil - SWP could cost about 20.

Depends if we have the cash - I wouldn't mind both.

Mostarac

Established Member
I doubt that it is Rochemback. He has played in the UEFA-Cup this season, it means that he can`t play for us in the Champions League.

koivu

Call me crazy but I don't see why everyone is so focused on players being cup-tied. The Champions League is obviously one of our targets but we could end up only playing 2 matches...why let that factor weigh in so much in buying a player? We've got 14 EPL matches or so left that a new player could potentially take part in...It would be nice to bring in an impact player for the CL matches but how likely is that?

Oh, I guess I should also mention that I like this guy when he was at Barca but no idea what he is like these days...where is he playing??

kiddou

Rochemback has had few rather impressive displayes in Barcelona...good dribler, can shoot very well etc...was a bit selfish sometimes if I remember well...anyway he was somewhat young when I saw him play at Barca...how old is he now?? How is he doing/playing at Benfica??

nnaife

He's a ****e player, Barcelona described him as the worst brasilian they ever signed.

I've watched him play for lisbon on tv and he's not at all convincing.

No way wenger sign someone better!

A

Anonymous

Off the suject but just a quick question. against manchester it seems as though we will be without toure therefor left with no options at the back. What do you think of the possibility of vieria playin there. Tall, good in the air, solid, aggressive, a great tackler?? Just a rumour i read in the paper

TB*Gooner*

I don't know if there is any truth to this rumour but if it is you should know he's not a replacement for Pennant but for Edu. Typical creative midfielder with good shot and tackling. He's not playing on the wing like somone suggested but he can take both corners and free kicks. Good view of the game too... Only 23 years old and more than 10 caps for Brazil. Better than Edu both in attack and defence!

AW sure knows what he's doing. He never stops surprising me.

A

Anonymous

he wont buy him, he will not be able to get work permit hasnt played enough for brazil in 12months

seb_afc

Established Member
nnaife said:
He's a s***e player, Barcelona described him as the worst brasilian they ever signed.

I've watched him play for lisbon on tv and he's not at all convincing.

No way wenger sign someone better!

i agree

asajoseph

Established Member
Wenger will not be buying a first teamer - It'll be someone just in case any two of Flamini, Fabregas and Vieira are injured at any one time. And if it's more than a 6 month contract, it'll be someone behind Gilberto too. Rochemback would be a decent 4th/5th choice CM on a short term contract. Certainly more class than our current 3rd choice CB, Pascal Cygan. Frankly, I think we'd be lucky to get him on that basis though.

I think all these rumours of Gerrards and Davids are just hot air from the press who still haven't gotten used to the fact that Wenger will NEVER break the bank for a big name player.

Asa

A

Anonymous

its quite sad that wenger does not buy proven players. another missed opportunity. we really need another world class CB & STRIKER

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
robpires said:
its quite sad that wenger does not buy proven players. another missed opportunity. we really need another world class CB & STRIKER

world class = mucho dinero

we just dont have that kind of money yet......

asajoseph

Established Member
I'd be pretty happy with Rochemback - I really liked him when he was at Barca, and even suggested him a few times on MBs when he fell out of favour. I know that it won't be Gerrard or Wright-Phillips, which will probably get a few people around here up in arms, but I certainly think that as a backup option, he's probably even an improvement on Edu.

Top Bottom