• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fábio

If you understand portuguese, just read this news..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.netvasco.com.br/news/noticias10/18092.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.netvasco.com.br/news/noticias10/18092.shtml</a>

About FABIO, it's a great goalkeeper. Vasco da Gama fans are furious with this notice, 'cause they love this great player.

And i'm a little bit furious too, 'cause Vasco da Gama grows with me and i still love my team (i'm Vasco's fan - i'm brazilian but livin' in Chile) .. but he is going to anotner club that i love.. Arsenal

".. Que o goleiro Fábio vai para o futebol Europeu no meio do ano, os leitores do ATAQUE já sabem. Mas agora o destino foi confirmado. O atual camisa 1 do Vasco vai para Arsenal, da Inglaterra..."

Something like:

"Fábio (goalkeepers) goes for the European soccer, the readers of ATTACK already know. But now the destination was confirmed. Current shirt 1 of the Vasco goes for ARSENAL, of England."

lewdikris

Established Member
Why?

Not that I think we will, but, well, why?

Can't remember ever seeing this geezer, really doubt we're buying him, but....

patrick42uk

Established Member
i will be very impressed because that will show some in-depth scouting. we plucked edu out of brazilian obscurity and look at him now. i would take anything half-decent over lehmann to be honest.

Arjan

patrick42uk said:
i will be very impressed because that will show some in-depth scouting. we plucked edu out of brazilian obscurity and look at him now. i would take anything half-decent over lehmann to be honest.

Let's first have a good look at his passport. We don't want another Edu passport drama.

It doesn't make sense, Wenger said that we are not buying anyone and that Lehmann is our number 1, apart from that he released Shaaban, and now there are rumours about an unknown brazilian goalkeeper

Lord Dula

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Why?

I just wanted to use his phrase "a little bit furious" - found it funny. Didnt realise u could just be a little bit furious.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Dula said:
lewdikris said:
Why?

I just wanted to use his phrase "a little bit furious" - found it funny. Didnt realise u could just be a little bit furious.

lol, good point.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
has this been confirmed yet by the club? until it is, i wouldnt bet on us buying a keeper much less a brazilian one....

KingReyes said:
Is he an international GK? Seems a bit strange to me, but who knows with Wenger.

Yes, Fabio was called by Parreira for the games against FRANCE (0x0) and CATALUÑA (5x2). But he's the #3 (DIDA is #1 and MARCOS #2)

About the news.. maybe is true.. maybe not.. 'cause the newspaper ("O DIA") it's not a "confidence" source.

memyself

I read on the teletext that a new keeper was on his way, but it didn't say who. It confuses me coz Wenger has already said he's sticking with Lehmann. Maybe he's drafting in someone as Lehmanns number two, with a mind to take over from Lehmann in the very near future. Anyway, I'm off to watch Breakdance 2 electric boogaloo.

jeromelee

Really doubt it again. If Arsène comes out and says Lehmann's his number 1 there's no reason to believe otherwise.

malagar

Frey is a french keeper playing in Italy - the worst combination I could Imagine for Premier league.

Lehmann is fine and if we need a new keeper we should look Germain again - guys like Hildebrand and Weise are great.
From France Michael Landreau is the best option .

Sammer

Established Member
There is no way Arsène is going to replace Lehmann with a keeper that has never played in Europe, nor the CL !

However, this really might be some talent-scouting thing to bring in a young keeper to eventually replace Lehmann in one or two years.

But putting a young south-american talent right between the posts in the EPL and CL sounds more like some strange Houllier-style move.

Anyway, if we are going to replace Lehmann - my choices would still be Coupet or Hildebrandt.

(Please not Frey, the guy is a clown, Bartez-esque)

Adam

Established Member
Hildebrandt

Sounds good to me. We could get another short term experienced keeped in Peruzzi from Lazio (on a free). Not sure he has the bite left in him though.

Top Bottom