• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 03/04/04

gooner

On Sunday we played very well Manchester United and a slight laps of concentration denied us from getting all three points instead of one. In the first half we should have scored when Ljungberg was through on the right and he should have squared it for reyes but he was selfish and went for the shot from the tight angle. Second half we came out and Henry scored a screamer. We had a brilliant chance to finish the game when Lhungberg had the ball on the right, and normally he would cross it on the floor but he decided to cross it high and it was out of reach for Pires as well as Reyes. Then Saha scored there goal after some poor defending by Lauren. Solsjkears cross went through Toures legs and Lauren should at least try to keep in front of the striker as he was clearly onside except he was behind Saha and all he had to do was tap it in. Then Henry played a beautiful ball through to Lauren and he was one on one from an angle and he took ages to shoot although he should not have shot as Henry had loads of spac beside him. He shot and the keeper saved it and Hhenry headed wide from the rebound and Henry rightly went Mad. Anyway this match was more of a warm up match for both sides to know what will happen this Saturday in the FA cup tie.

Anyway this Saturday we take on Manchester United at Villa Park in the FA cup semi final. No one needs a reminder of what happenend to us last time wahen we played Manchester United at Villa Park. I still remember last season when we played Manchester United at old Trafford and we beat them 2 – 0. Giggs missed an open goal and then a little while later Edu scored a deflected free kick. In the second half Edu played a sublime through ball and Wiltord finished beautifully. In that match Vieira was absolutely magnificent. He had control of the whole midfield. He controlled Keane and Scholes for the whole match. Edu also played very well.

I really want Arsenal players to give 200% on Saturday against Manchester United and score as many as they can against Manchester United so we can make up for last Sunday’s result as well as that semi final from a few years back and also so we can have the last laugh against Man united for this season.

One player who wont be playing for them is Louis Saha. This guy is very dangerous and has the total package as he has pace, good shots as well as a good header.

This Saturday will be a very difficult match with all top football pundits looking carefully to slate Arsenal down especially if we lose and they will make Fergie the best manager in the world.

Anyway, we all know how good Man Utd are and below is a list of their key players to look out for.

Scholes – Key Man 1
RVN + Giggs - Key Men 2
Ronaldo + Keane – Key Men 3
Howard – Key Man 4
Silvestre - Key Man 5

Ashley Cole might not make it so Clichy should cover and Pires and Vieira should have had a good five days to rest. Wiltord is also back after he cored a goal yesterday in some friendly which was set up. I think we should give Henry a rest for this match as we will need him significantly for the Chelsea match at Highbury next Tuesday. This is what I think the line up should be:

Lehmann

Lauren Campbell Toure Clichy

Ljungberg Vieira Edu Pires

Bergkamp Reyes
I hope we hit that nail through Man United fans hearts on Saturday and really show them who the daddy is.

Good Luck to the gunners on Saturday!!!

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Re: Arsenal V Manchester United (FA CUP)

gooner said:
I hope we hit that nail through Man United fans hearts on Saturday and really show them who the daddy is.

Good Luck to the gunners on Saturday!!!

i hope so too its time to show them who's the boss :)

Good luck boys

KingReyes

Established Member

gooner said:
One player who wont be playing for them is Louis Saha. This guy is very dangerous and has the total package as he has pace, good shots as well as a good header.

There is also a chance that Ruud VN won't play either. I guess it just makes our job easier.
Come on Arsenal!!

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Watch out for the might of Diego Forlan!

Ooohhh im ****ten myself.

Great write up gooner
Cant wait for the game and its on at a decent time in aus. :)

KingReyes

Established Member

gooner said:
Howard – Key Man 4

From what I have read in the past week Roy Carrol will play in the semi final. I thought he had a good game against us. He could be vital for them.

Adam

Established Member
Diego Forlan is in south america and will miss the match.

Injury crisis for United now, with Solskjaer their only available forward. They may play Scholes up there with him (and play 2 DCM's), or Giggs, or Ronaldo.

Taozhe

Seems that Manutd are having a striker crisis but I hope we wont do a 1999 and Liverpool FA cup .... where we dominate the whole game only to lose to a late goals. :(

vin de guerre

I fully expect to see the rock of gibralta playing on Saturday. All this Bull about water on its forelock is too far gone for me.If it had been really lame they would have shot it by now.

kNiteMare

toure is not playing. read from somewhere that wenger reached an agreement with the national team.

gooner, your second bit is good, but isnt the first bit too subjective? It doesnt reflect everyone's opinion. But if you know that already, it's alright i guess.

Stim

Obviously this is going to be a difficult match in difficult period.

Saturday: Man Utd
Tuesday: Chelsea
Friday: Liverpool
Sunday: Newcastle

That is a ridiculous schedule against opponents who are far from the average team you could meet in the Premiership. So with this period coming up, it will effect Wenger's team selection.

A bonus is that we now have Wiltord and Aliadiere coming back into the squad. Although Wiltord will probably be short for Saturday, its still a bonus to have him coming back.

The team i think Wenger will go with is:

Lehmann

Lauren Campbell Toure Clichy

Ljungberg Vieira Edu Pires

Bergkamp/Kanu Aliadiere

Hoping to god that we win, i aint taking the day off work for nothing you know!

KingReyes

Established Member
kNiteMare said:
toure is not playing. read from somewhere that wenger reached an agreement with the national team.

It says on the Arsenal site that Kolo has been selected for the Ivory Coast.

n_henry

KingReyes said:
kNiteMare said:

It says on the Arsenal site that Kolo has been selected for the Ivory Coast.

:( So will Cygan start..or Martin? :?

Latest posts

Top Bottom