• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Charge Arsenal for Unlicensed Agent

Split

Arsenal have admitted an FA charge of using an unlicensed agent, according to the BBC...

seb_afc

Established Member
yeah its true..it breaking news of sky sports news...theyve also been banned from signing anyone this window i think

Split

So it was Quincy's transfer.

But the ban only occurs if we do it again, which I'd be pretty sure we won't .

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Split said:
So it was Quincy's transfer.

But the ban only occurs if we do it again, which I'd be pretty sure we won't .

Bet we do. Everyone does. Think it might be more accurate to say the ban will only come into force if we get caught again.

Sigun

2 years probation for arsenal, that would be well **** if we get caught again.

I think wenger will have to be extra carefull from now on. Which could prove very disadvantagous.

mood

Oh thank god. At first reports said we were banned from signing ANYONE for 2 years...thankfully, it's only a warning, and will only be activated if the similar situation occurs again.

AFCG7

Established Member
The punishment is a bit harsh though.. i'm sure we can get that suspended ban rescinded and pay just a fine.

informed1

from the statement issued by the club it seems its an admin error, because the agency is a lincensed with FIFA but the agent is not although he is a partner in the firm.

http://www.itv-football.co.uk/News/story_141347.shtml

"It is important to note that the player was already a scholar registered with Arsenal and that the negotiations were not in relation to a transfer.

"The players representative is a partner in a company run by a FIFA licensed agent with whom the initial discussions were held.

"Arsenal mistakenly also believed that the representative was a licensed players agent. The agents fee of £2,000 was paid by Arsenal to the Company through the English FA.

"The incident was at worst a technical misdemeanour of administration and the club is contemplating an appeal, as it feels the penalty is disproportionate to any offence which may have been committed.

"Arsenal is fully aware of its obligations under the FIFA Players Agents Regulations and indeed has been at the forefront of strengthening the rules regarding agents."

Mark

Established Member
The ban would actually be from signing anyone from abroad I think. Not that we ever sign anyone anyway...

kanuuu

Established Member
The ban would actually be from signing anyone from abroad I think. Not that we ever sign anyone anyway...

It's national as well.

If activated, the ban will prohibit the club from any national and/or international transfers from the commencement of the next operative transfer window for the duration of that transfer window.

AlexH

I can't believe they won't appeal; even though it is suspended, its a ridiculously harsh penalty...can you imagine not being able to sign ANYONE for two years? It doesn't bear thinking about.

Top Bottom