• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Community Shield: Arsenal v Liverpool | Saturday August 29 | KO: 16:30 BST | BT Sport

Who Will Win The Community Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Mods. Please can I humbly and respectfully request a permaban be issued to the next person who mentions Elneny in any context except those pertaining to bodies buried within construction foundations.

Last edited:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Elneny - the midfield maestro with a wonder goal showed that he will be LANS , like a new signing. After Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock and Ceballos ...it will be nice to see someone who actually knows how to play in that role.

All Arteta has to do is to teach him how to tackle and intercept.

9jagooner

Not sure if Arsenal is ready for this game.
Central defence, midfield not in place as far as I know.

We'll probably treat it as a preseason game

D

Dial Square 1886

I think both sides will won't they?

It basically is.

I know there will be the typical overreaction if we lose (badly maybe?), but I really would not worry too much about this game.

Trofton

If I was Arteta I'd treat this like a pre-season friendly baring in mind we haven't had any. Obviously I know it's a 'trophy' but being prepared for this season is far more important.
Haven’t we played MK Dons for our pre season

Trofton

r

Referee
Andre Marriner

Team News
Arsenal: Leno, Mari, Mustafi, Chambers, Martinelli out
Liverpool: Matip, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain out; Alexander-Arnold 50/50
Leno was Fit and playing against MK Dons

Trofton

Poor planning really. We're not prepared for this game.
I think we are prepared the lads had 25 days off we’re one of the first teams back training and had a game

they want Leno to have game time then we’ve got two fully fit keepers able to compete

Trofton

I think we are we’ve got a good game in beforehand and Arteta said a mix of intense training and rest will be applied

I reckon we’ll be sharper then Liverpool

I’m going 2-0 gunners

9jagooner

I think we are we’ve got a good game in beforehand and Arteta said a mix of intense training and rest will be applied

I reckon we’ll be sharper then Liverpool

I’m going 2-0 gunners
Good to be optimistic. I watched some of Liverpool's preseason game and they looked sharp plus they had Salah and Mane and VVD back. Brewster scored both goals for they though.

I will like to see our alternative to Ceballos though. Looking forward to the game!

9jagooner

I think both sides will won't they?

It basically is.

I know there will be the typical overreaction if we lose (badly maybe?), but I really would not worry too much about this game.
It's a preseason game so there shouldn't be over reactions. That said, it should give us an insight into where we may need strengthening. For example, if Lacazette doesn't play, we will know if we can rely on Eddie or maybe need to reinforce in that area should in case Laca leaves as rumourville is currently saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom