<

FA Community Shield: Arsenal v Liverpool | Saturday August 29 | KO: 16:30 BST | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Aug 23, 2020.

?

Who Will Win The Community Shield?

Poll closed Aug 29, 2020.
  1. Arsenal

57.4%
  2. Liverpool

42.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drippin

drippin Well-Known Member

Friendly. :D Just look at those Liverpool players faces when they lost, my TV channel zoomed on them.

Not funny as it is, basic sports stuff when you lose, but funny to say it was just a friendly.

It was last season's trophy winners against each other, trying to take some foothold for the season.

Arteta had Elneny starting and he delivered enough, it's weird. Actually it is ridiculous, although he has always been a solid "performer".

Looking at the line-ups I wouldn't have thought we win. Although with Arteta it crossed my mind of course.

American_Gooner likes this.
  2. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Can you imagine him saying that to Kola out in the world? :lol:

Didn’t we have about four days training and that’s it?

3. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

Bellerin is technically shocking. But he was very good today. The problem with Hector is he's very one footed. If PSG or Juve were to bid anything around £30M you take it.

4. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Will never forget how half this forum was simping for this wanker.

SteveEvets, black187, kash2 and 3 others like this.
  5. drippin

This is great news. Klopp blaiming fitness against realizing that Arteta masterclassed him with youth & Elneny.

kash2, blaze_of_glory and Rex Banter like this.
  6. LG10

LG10 Well-Known Member

A ****ing nutmeg means nothing if you can’t pass a ball, he misplaced his pass immediately after the meg.

7. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Bellerin is not technically shocking, he’s inconsistent.

8. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

No. Inconsistent is showing signs that you are good technically as well as also not being so good sometimes.

But bellerin has never shown technical greatness.

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  9. drippin

Check out Klopp's sentence at ~ 12 seconds onwards.

We had to play against.. dididididididiiii, defensive block, 5-4-1.

No. It's Just Arteta & Elneny.

black187 and Troopz like this.
  10. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Hard to say for sure, but this Liverpool team doesn't look to have the same hunger anymore.. Can see them dropping a lot of silly points this season, not strengthening the squad will be costly too, they should be doing everything they can to get Thiago.

11. drippin

I'm wondering how it can be a fitness issue from what I have heard of their pre-season?

They had clearly better starting line-up, only that Saka & Auba masterclassed some of Liverpool & Williams.

Was nice to see Auba give a special slap to back of Saka's head for the assist.

12. Manberg

Manberg Predator

An international break now. I’m hoping for no injuries, some player sales, and player signings.

Vanfrothan and Gooner1988TK like this.
  13. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Tbh, some people were saying the same after their Community Shield game vs City last year(I didn't watch), yet they went on to better their point tally, so it's a difficult one. Mind you, I would love it if they f*cked up.

Though I absolutely agree on Thiago, they really need a fresh boost in the team, even if it costs on the balance or similar, these players really need to play with more freedom. Honestly if they lose a game early it would do wonders for them, so they don't have that nagging pressure of becoming invincibles over the course of the season again.

Gooner1988TK and krengon like this.
  14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

15. Let's play Aubamawang

Let's play Aubamawang Well-Known Member

It's one of footballs worst kept secrets that Klopp is an insufferable winner and a very bad loser. Add that to Liverpool FCs sense of entitlement from the club to the supporters, there's no wonder nobody else likes them.

I did enjoy my trip to Anfield to watch Bon Jovi, but I'd never go for a match. Too many bloody Scousers for my taste. And while on the subject, what creative genius came up with the idea to call the ground Anfield anyway? Did they mean to call it "A field" but their thick accent made them incomprehensible?

EmeryCouldnt, black187 and frankgm like this.
  16. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

He’s probably celebrating a bonus because we won a trophy today. Criminal ****.

17. The White Pelè

The White Pelè Well-Known Member

We should move to Wembley from now. It's just our home :D.

Can't believe how such a **** team on the paper bar 2/3 players have been transformed in only 8 months. The likes of AMN, Tierney and even Xhaka look giants right now.

Vanfrothan likes this.
  18. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

That's because it was never a **** team. It lacked belief and organisation. We have possibly the third best squad in the division in terms of strength in depth, we need to translate that into confidence and winning games on the field.

The players sensed Wenger's reign was coming to an end and never accepted Emery. Arteta's job is to make them believe things are on the up rather than in decline and he's doing a very decent job so far.

amigo and EmeryCouldnt like this.
  19. ArtetaOut

ArtetaOut Member

For once we have a manager who knows how to park the bus when needed and grind out results!

Gooner1988TK likes this.
  20. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Just found out we won. F*cking up the gunners!

Starting to put some respect on our name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.