• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 17/18

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,184
  • Views 72,837

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Fans shouldn't be on the pitch, but that doesn't mean you get to swing at them.

@bingobob made a good point the other day. Fans seem to leave their self respect at the door when football is involved.

Act like that in any other walk of life and you get knocked out or arrested. But because they're footballers in their ivory towers, you can do what they want.

Yes Aguero shouldn't do what he did but I'd say if it was us in that situation and Wigan fans got PEA banned for the Caraboa cup final I'd be livid.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
@bingobob made a good point the other day. Fans seem to leave their self respect at the door when football is involved.

Act like that in any other walk of life and you get knocked out or arrested. But because they're footballers in their ivory towers, you can do what they want.

Yes Aguero shouldn't do what he did but I'd say if it is was in that situation and Wigan fans got PEA banned for the Caraboa cup final I'd be livid.

I agree entirely, grown men get together and act like children and think it's justified because they support a football team. But still, I want Aguero banned so i'm pushing an agenda here ;)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Glad that Bravo is in goal for the game on Sunday, good on penalties but I can't remember him ever making a save from open play for City.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Depends what they're doing or saying. I'd imagine some of it is not very nice.

In moral terms perhaps, but the rules don't state you can't swing at someone unless they're saying something not very nice to you. Players say not very nice things to each other all the time, but they know that if you take a swing you'll get punished.

Obviously the Wigan fan has probably riled Aguero up, but he's taken a swing at someone on the pitch. Even if it's after the final whistle, you'd think the FA would enforce its rules. Maybe if the Wigan fan used hate speech then it would be justified, but i'm pretty sure he was just being a typical eejit fan.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
In moral terms perhaps, but the rules don't state you can't swing at someone unless they're saying something not very nice to you. Players say not very nice things to each other all the time, but they know that if you take a swing you'll get punished.

Obviously the Wigan fan has probably riled Aguero up, but he's taken a swing at someone on the pitch. Even if it's after the final whistle, you'd think the FA would enforce its rules. Maybe if the Wigan fan used hate speech then it would be justified, but i'm pretty sure he was just being a typical eejit fan.
We don't know what was happening or the words being said. The fact is, these pitch invasions are dangerous. These idiots could be carrying anything. I'd throw clubs out of competitions when these happen. A player will get hurt one day.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
We don't know what was happening or the words being said. The fact is, these pitch invasions are dangerous. These idiots could be carrying anything. I'd throw clubs out of competitions when these happen. A player will get hurt one day.

Ah c'mon, pitch invasions have been happening for decades. They carry the same danger now as they did 30 odd years ago; some danger but generally they're fine. We're eradicating a small part of the fabric of the game if we're banning them so dogmatically.

You're assuming the worst of the Wigan fan and the best of Aguero on no evidence. All that can be said at the moment is that Aguero hit a fan. Looking at the facts you have to say he's under scrutiny to be banned.

pacstud

Arrest the fan if they broke the law.

Different than player behavior. Unless the fan physically accosts the player, it is 100% unjustifiable to throw a punch.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Arrest the fan if they broke the law.

Different than player behavior. Unless the fan physically accosts the player, it is 100% unjustifiable to throw a punch.

Yes exactly. If the fan has physically assaulted Aguero then there's precedence to say it's self-defence. If the fan has used hate speech i.e racist language towards Aguero then there's precedence to exonerate Aguero. If neither of those things happened, then the punishment is entirely on Aguero's shoulders.

There's no rule saying you can attack someone if they've given you stick.

MkhiMagic

Not sure why everyone is so happy over today's result. All it does is make things infinitely easier for the Sp**s and United, would you rather have them win it? Obviously we'd all like one of the lesser teams to win it but that's highly unlikely. Given the choice I'd rather have City win it than those two, or Chelsea now I guess unless some other team can pull off a miracle.

Top Bottom