• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 17/18

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,184
  • Views 72,847

Preacher

Always Crying
DbU2k52V4AAJ1kc.jpg:large

Get in the bin Poch.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
All jokes aside, they're FOURTEEN points ahead of us...
TBH nobody gives a **** about a top four finish. It is always the trophies that count.

Decades on from today people will be talking about how Wenger beat Antonio Conte’s PL Champion Chelsea team at Wembley to win a record 7th FA Cup. No one will give a rats ass about Sp**s putting pressure for the PL or how “talented and exciting” their team was.

Arsenal finished in the top four for years but every season got humbled in the UCL by a European Superclub. The same fate awaits Sp**s in the next season’s European Cup.

In the end it is always the trophies that count and therefore I hope that our new coach doesn’t turn his nose up at the League Cup like Wenger did for over 20 years.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
TBH nobody gives a **** about a top four finish. It is always the trophies that count.

Decades on from today people will be talking about how Wenger beat Antonio Conte’s PL Champion Chelsea team at Wembley to win a record 7th FA Cup. No one will give a rats ass about Sp**s putting pressure for the PL or how “talented and exciting” their team was.

Arsenal finished in the top four for years but every season got humbled in the UCL by a European Superclub. The same fate awaits Sp**s in the next season’s European Cup.

In the end it is always the trophies that count and therefore I hope that our new coach doesn’t turn his nose up at the League Cup like Wenger did for over 20 years.
They haven't won anything for years so their fans will be desperate for a trophy. But then they also haven't been getting CL football prior to only recently, so if you asked a Sp**s fan what they wanted most, you'll get different answers. Regular CL football is a huge step up.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
They haven't won anything for years so their fans will be desperate for a trophy. But then they also haven't been getting CL football prior to only recently, so if you asked a Sp**s fan what they wanted most, you'll get different answers. Regular CL football is a huge step up.
If it carries on for a few years (which it won't) the fans will get bored like we got bored with the 4th place trophy.

You can't beat trophies. I can imagine Swindon fans dreamily remembering when they won the League Cup but Everton fans remembering when they played in the Champions League? They'll remember their league titles, FA Cup wins and Cup Winners Cup.

4th place is about Moneyball, winning trophies is Football.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but like with us, it comes to a point where consistent CL footy gets pointless when you’re not competitive.

Spuds finished third in their CL group last season and were knocked out by Juve this season despite going ahead in the tie. That’ll become tedious before long, as we know.

Celebrating a trophy in May is the best feeling there is. Sets you up for a nice summer. Don’t get me wrong, we need to be amongst Europe’s elite but it means little if you’re not winning anything. Bar extra pennies I suppose.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As a club moving forward, getting CL football consistently was the target, just as it was for us.
I really don't think they'll be able to hold on thier players they not elite club so when real Madrid barca or another elite club want Kane eriksen or even alli they'll sell and that's mean rebuilding again even poch I can see him move on in 1-2 years. And I read somewhere that Sp**s can't offer big wages and we all know that is big problem

Latest posts+

Top Bottom