• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 2018/19

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He wouldn’t win the league with us but we’d defo see a lot of guys who we thought were finished shock us with their performance levels.

Thing is he doesn’t need to hamstring himself. He’s going to get the job that pays the most and those teams happen to be filthy ****ing rich.
I would have ****ing loved to have seen him manage us back then. He would have made big decisions when we were making none.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Which was the whole point of Abu Dhabi investing in them in the first place.

They eventually somehow hope to recoup the ridiculous investment they’ve made. Sounds ridiculous but a few more years of dominance and it’s possible.
With the profit City makes, they won't be recouping their investment from the club itself any time soon. The way it benefits them is from a marketing and PR perspective.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

They'll need to be much more financially prudent though. And once you remove the unrealistic sponsorship from state entities then their revenue will take a nice dip.
They only need 1 or 2 players to freshen things up. They will recoup the money like @Trilly said if they keep it going. As regards to sponsorship they could literally have any sponsor in the world right now.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
They only need 1 or 2 players to freshen things up. They will recoup the money like @Trilly said if they keep it going. As regards to sponsorship they could literally have any sponsor in the world right now.
They won't recoup the money any time soon. Not from the money the club brings in. And even though they could have any sponsor they want at the moment, they wouldn't pay them the kind of money that they get currently. It's why UEFA are constantly adjusting the values of their and PSG's sponsorship agreements.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
going the way of Formula One, I fear - only two teams in it

lack of competition kills sport
F1 has generally lacked serious competition though. Its history has been filled with different teams dominating because of them being better at manufacturing a car that matches the regulations.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

They won't recoup the money any time soon. Not from the money the club brings in. And even though they could have any sponsor they want at the moment, they wouldn't pay them the kind of money that they get currently. It's why UEFA are constantly adjusting the values of their and PSG's sponsorship agreements.
They are building their fan base year on year, glory supporters make you money. If we had actually won some titles instead of lack of investment/wrong decisions, we would have even more money.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
They are building their fan base year on year, glory supporters make you money. If we had actually won some titles instead of lack of investment/wrong decisions, we would have even more money.
I know they are. And that's the very same reason why we as a club need to fear our noisy neighbours. The thing is though, even with all that growth, they aren't making that much money and as long as player costs keep rising, they'll have to keep signing the crazy sponsorships with their 'friends' to keep them at the top.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He’d make them better for sure but they wouldn’t win anything. These players are touch perfect, pass perfect and virtually shot perfect. That’s what you get with oil money.
It’s not as simple as that though. He is undeniably getting the best out of all of them.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Watching City is just depressing. They're pretty high up there on the list of reasons why I'm caring less and less about football. There's nothing to be impressed by. Nothing impressive about buying ****ing everything, including one of the best managers around.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
City somehow muddled through in the end, probably would have been a lot smoother for them if Aguero had started the game.

I had absolutely no idea that a City win sent Wolves into Europe and actually benefitted them in the end. C’mon guys.....share the knowledge!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Regardless of the money City have spent; we should not be this far behind. This is Arsenal Fuuking football club. I've had enough of this nonsense.

Some years United and Chelsea have been ahead of us but the difference in quality has never been greater.

Just frustrating man!
No one answers this question but here goes again. Before Wenger this clubs average league finishes were between 6-8. So what is “This Arsenal” you speak about?

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom