• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal v Newcastle United | Saturday, January 9 | KO: 17:30 UTC | BBC One

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,720
  • Views 75,701

Who Will Go Through To Round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
arsenal_newcastle_united_red.jpg

skysports-mikel-arteta-arsenal_5055917.jpg

Last five results

Arsenal
2 Jan PL West Brom 0 Arsenal 4 W

29 Dec PL Brighton 0 Arsenal 1 W

26 Dec PL Arsenal 3 Chelsea 1 W

22 Dec LC Arsenal 1 Man City 4 L

19 Dec PL Everton 2 Arsenal 1 L

Newcastle
3 Jan PL Newcastle 1 Leicester 2 L

30 Dec PL Newcastle 0 Liverpool 0 D

26 Dec PL Man City 2 Newcastle 0 L

22 Dec LC Brentford 1 Newcastle 0 L

19 Dec PL Newcastle 1 Fulham 1 D

Referee
Chris Kavanagh

Team News
Arsenal: Gabriel (Covid protocols) and Thomas (thigh) could return

Newcastle: Saint-Maxim (long Covid) & Lewis (knee) out; Lascalles (Covid) & Fraser (hip) could return; Hayden back from suspension

Untitled.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Another ex-player we’re up against if Hayden is fit.

Going to be like five in a row at this rate.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Honestly, while I do like a good FA cup runs as much as every other Arsenal fan, I don't care much about this game or the FA Cup right now.

Rest everyone.

At most give minutes in the second half to people how still need to build match fitness like Martinelli and/or Smith Rowe.

Focus on the League and on the Europa, respectively and try to finish the season strongly in these competitions.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Honestly, while I do like a good FA cup runs as much as every other Arsenal fan, I don't care much about this game or the FA Cup right now.

Rest everyone.

At most give minutes in the second half to people how still need to build match fitness like Martinelli and/or Smith Rowe.

Focus on the League and on the Europa, respectively and try to finish the season strongly in these competitions.
I generally agree here, but this is probably the most realistic shot back into the Europa league next season

Either way, going for 3-1 Arse here.

zilfy

Choosing a lineup is harder with our recent run of good form.

I would ordinarily go for a 2nd string team but theres something to be said for keeping the momentum going, which means starting ESR, Saka, Tierney etc

Multipass

Choosing a lineup is harder with our recent run of good form.

I would ordinarily go for a 2nd string team but theres something to be said for keeping the momentum going, which means starting ESR, Saka, Tierney etc

I’d rather protect them from injury. Need to use FA cup to get passengers into some form. Aubameyang , Pepe and William upfront for me. 45minutes max for Partey. Bring on Martinelli for more game time in prep for PL game. Trial our starting center halves whoever they are (Gabriel/holding/Mari/luis).

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Honestly, he is just better than anyone else to play in this league...

...Shay Given was amazing this day, don’t know how we only won 1-0...also, i think this was the match were Bellamy told Souness to **** off in the post match interview or something :lol:

Souness was furious with Craig obviously, but he mainly blamed Pogba for not keeping him in check!

Last edited:

Breezy

Leno
Cedric — Luiz — Gabi — AMN
Elneny — Partey
Pepe —- ESR —- Martinelli
Aubameyang​

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Hopefully give Partey minutes, 5 day gap between this game and Palace on Thursday so no need to rest players but you obviously look to rotate people like Pepe into the team. I think Gabriel should start this one as well.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Hopefully give Partey minutes, 5 day gap between this game and Palace on Thursday so no need to rest players but you obviously look to rotate people like Pepe into the team. I think Gabriel should start this one as well.
Gabriel has not even been in full training.

Partey however....

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good game to try the squad Newcastle been horrible last few weeks no mustafi please that what all i ask. Partey is back Gabriel too both could play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom