• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 3rd Round: Blackpool v Arsenal | January 5, 2019 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
K3wtedGA_400x400.jpg
:rofl:

Keplaz

He faded a bit later in the game but I thought when he was involved he did well. Maybe I'm just biased, I just like the way he plays. Pretty composed and intelligent. Definitely not a head down and run kind of guy

Most good things today came through him and Iwobi from an attacking perspective.

Nketiah needs a loan or to drop back to the u23s if he isn't going to play. He has to be playing games regularly. A fully match fit Eddie would have finished those in his sleep.

Maitland-Niles and Iwobi already part of the team and hopefully they can improve even further towards the end of season. Still holes in their games, and sometimes you feel like Iwobi is on the verge of being sold but it has been on the way up for him lately so hopefully he can find another level or two!

Nketiah and Willock played very well today and they are getting to the level they can start seeing some PL minutes. Willock is coming in at senior level and scoring goals, which wasn't maybe biggest thing about his game last year with u23 so Ljunberg has done hell of a job with him in that regard. Visa versa Nketiah is coming in with great overall game but lacking in goals which is rare but I'm not worried a bit, a player who get chances like he did today wont miss them infinitely. Only a matter of time he start banging them in.

That is four academy products that can be involved until end of next season and become big part of the squad next season. That is some amazing work the staff have done, and there are even more players to come!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I thought it was OK to be honest, always happy seeing the younger players get an opportunity. Willock took his today, and put in a good display. Ramsey looked good aswell, too many touches at times but it's usual. AMN was impressive but had a few lulls in the game. He has to stay on it for 90, it's his biggest problem IMO. Iwobi had a good 1st half. Sokratis was good, as was Jenkinson.

Nketiah was unfortunate, he had a good game IMO, did everything but score. His finishing really was quite bad though, he'll need to transfer his confidence over to the first team. He was still encouraging though, he just needs to score. People only rate you when you score :lol:.

A word for Elneny aswell. I don't rate him but he was steady today. I was happy with that. Less said about Lichtsteiner the better.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Very Ramsey-esque performance from Willock. Doesn't quite control the tempo of the game but great in moments and broken field of play

Tom349

Maitland-Niles and Iwobi already part of the team and hopefully they can improve even further towards the end of season. Still holes in their games, and sometimes you feel like Iwobi is on the verge of being sold but it has been on the way up for him lately so hopefully he can find another level or two!

Nketiah and Willock played very well today and they are getting to the level they can start seeing some PL minutes. Willock is coming in at senior level and scoring goals, which wasn't maybe biggest thing about his game last year with u23 so Ljunberg has done hell of a job with him in that regard. Visa versa Nketiah is coming in with great overall game but lacking in goals which is rare but I'm not worried a bit, a player who get chances like he did today wont miss them infinitely. Only a matter of time he start banging them in.

That is four academy products that can be involved until end of next season and become big part of the squad next season. That is some amazing work the staff have done, and there are even more players to come!

Another thing to consider with Nketiah is he has barely played this season. Hard to just come in and score right away especially when stepping up to a higher level.

HBL

Established Member

Movement between the front four in the first half was superb. Nketiah just needs that one goal then they'll start coming from him, should've scored his chances but I think the attacking instinct and movement he has shown is even more important. Pace and his ability to hold the ball up is also deceptively good. People acting like they won't get anymore chances are deluded, just look at how many games Iwobi has had. Europa league and hopefully more FA cup matches should provide a great platform for our youngsters to make the step up required to first team level.

The encouraging thing for me today and this season really is that our youngsters are beginning to out perform the first team players in these types of games. Smith-Rowe was also one of our better players in the Europa league matches.

Willock was easily the pick of the bunch today though. I don't think he has put on too much muscle/size but he seems to have a much bigger presence when compared to last season. He also the right balance of confidence and attitude, isn't afraid to almost show off a bit. Dare I say there are shades of a Paul Pogba type of player in him?

Marmaduke

Nketiah needs a loan or to drop back to the u23s if he isn't going to play. He has to be playing games regularly. A fully match fit Eddie would have finished those in his sleep.
Maybe it is from being a bit rusty but I'd imagine its a big step up mentally to put them away in senior matches as opposed to U23s or practice. If he sorts the mental side he was all the skill he needs to be a proper threat.

My only reservation is that he seems too "light" for some of the Premier League lumps he will come up against.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Emery on Willock and Nketiah
We need every player to have commitment and so when the team needs, they can help us.

Opportunities come in some matches like today.. Young players like Willock and Nketiah. They can show us their progress.

I am very happy with Willock but also with Eddie. He had three good chances but the most important he created the chances.
Emery on Koscielny
I hope it is not a lot. We have one week before the next match. I hope he will be OK.

Before the match he felt some pain in his back and we decided he should not play.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
As an aside, it's been good to see Marc Bola playing for B'pool. Even if they don't make it here, happy to see us producing professional league quality players.
True but it should inspire every player we have to make it with us. Nobody wants to end up in the lower leagues. Hopefully Ramsey's hard work and a move to a bigger club is the path our youth take minus the move away of course.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Excellent game by the team, especially the young lads who impressed when given a chance at a cameo. Willock was impressive.

A bit disappointed for NKetiah, whose all round game I like but feel his wastefulness in front of goal will now be used as ammunition by @rich 1990 against him:lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Excellent game by the team, especially the young lads who impressed when given a chance at a cameo. Willock was impressive.

A bit disappointed for NKetiah, whose all round game I like but feel his wastefulness in front of goal will now be used as ammunition by @rich 1990 against him:lol:
Reminds me of Sanogo. There are tools there but nothing that makes me think he's going to be a starter here. He created chances against a very poor side. He had to score today.

HBL

Established Member
Job done with minimum effort. Willock will get the headlines, would have liked to see Saka on much earlier.
And me.

His time will come though, only turned 17 a few months ago & should be more chances in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom