• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 3rd Round: Blackpool v Arsenal | January 5, 2019 17:30 GMT | BT Sport

Which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Reminds me of Sanogo. There are tools there but nothing that makes me think he's going to be a starter here. He created chances against a very poor side. He had to score today.

He definitely did, that long ball from Cech where he managed to get it past the defender was a guilt edged chance. The keeper was beaten at his near post yet he had the audacity to try & put it far. Sadly it didn't pan out as he wanted.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very impressed with Willock today. He not only affected the game when we had the ball but did very well in pressing and competing for loose balls. Maitland-Niles continues to impress me. He's certainly not a right winger, but he's the very definition of a box to box midfield player. Superb acceleration, strength and balance. Passing is of a good standard. It's only his decision making at times that lets him down.

I'd like to see more of the tall lad who came on at left back. Forget his name but as weird as it is to say this (because Sokratis had to bail him out more than once), he has exactly the kind of profile we need to bring stability in defence with his presence. He looked decent on the ball and basically a Mertesacker with a bit more pace. I was just surprised that he replaced Kolasinac at left back and not Lichtsteiner at Centre Back.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Very impressed with Willock today. He not only affected the game when we had the ball but did very well in pressing and competing for loose balls. Maitland-Niles continues to impress me. He's certainly not a right winger, but he's the very definition of a box to box midfield player. Superb acceleration, strength and balance. Passing is of a good standard. It's only his decision making at times that lets him down.

I'd like to see more of the tall lad who came on at left back. Forget his name but as weird as it is to say this (because Sokratis had to bail him out more than once), he has exactly the kind of profile we need to bring stability in defence with his presence. He looked decent on the ball and basically a Mertesacker with a bit more pace. I was just surprised that he replaced Kolasinac at left back and not Lichtsteiner at Centre Back.
Zech Medley.

ptrcopp

Yes, even someone like Bojan who used to score 50 goals per season in Barca young teams. Defending at the top level is entirely different to youth teams, you are given less time and space, and more pressure.

Of course an attacker can also improve by the time, but I think the easiest of all positions to break through is in midfield, as in defense you are punished for every mistake, while in attack you must provide the numbers early on in your career. It seems like it's much more straightforward to recognise a talented midfielder, than a defender or striker (generally, if not talking about Maldinis and Messis).

I think that makes it harder for midfielders, and that’s why most midfield in the top 6 are those that have been given time at various clubs. Including Pogba at Juve

Aevi

Hale End FC
I didn't catch the game but hearing how Lichtsteiner had yet another bad game, I really hope Medley becomes our emergency CB instead of him. Emery needs to stop persisting with that, Medley can hardly do worse and there is plenty of upside to giving him a chance.

Giroud12

We looked really shaky at the back, against a team far from PL quality. However, Emery really can´t be blamed. It´s unrealistic to expect some kind of defensive stability when he has to play a different back 3/4 every single game. I was clear Lich had no idea what he was doing at CB and that Jenkinson has no kind of relationships to the other 3 guys at the back.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I miss pressing your buttons :lol:
I make one post and you’re back on my case, hydro praising me and Rich talking about eating my shoes.

I’m going to try and start posting regularly again. :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I make one post and you’re back on my case, hydro praising me and Rich talking about eating my shoes.

I’m going to try and start posting regularly again. :lol:
We’ll only be the better for it bro ;) Losing sparring partners these days, since all the angry birds left. :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I didn't catch the game but hearing how Lichtsteiner had yet another bad game, I really hope Medley becomes our emergency CB instead of him. Emery needs to stop persisting with that, Medley can hardly do worse and there is plenty of upside to giving him a chance.

I agree. Lichsteiner has no real qualities to offer us anymore- bar maybe a calm word here and there. Medley is huge. What he lacks in positional awareness he more than makes up for in sheer physicality.

Not only does Lichsteiner regularly fall asleep at the back, he’s weak and slow. Also his crossing makes my eyes bleed.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It really wasn't. That's a myth based on the good game he had against Tottenham in the CL.

Nah, he was good at them, had several seasons with 5+ assists, probably because he had players like Manđukić to aim at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom