• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw: Nottingham Forest v Arsenal

Should trying to win the FA Cup be a priority this season?

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

skysports-mikel-arteta-arsenal_5055917.jpg

We go again @Macho

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

3rd and 4th round ties will have no Partey, Pepe, Auba or Elneny.

Considering we’ll have to go to Sp*rs with only Xhaka, Sambi and AMN in midfield I’d go with the likes of Patino for this.

Shows what dunces the mod team are if they think this should be a priority and run the few options we have into the ground.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
3rd and 4th round ties will have no Partey, Pepe, Auba or Elneny.

Considering we’ll have to go to Sp*rs with only Xhaka, Sambi and AMN in midfield I’d go with the likes of Patino for this.

Shows what dunces the mod team are if they think this should be a priority and run the few options we have into the ground.
Beat Sunderland in the CC and you'll be looking at:
Untitled.jpg

A tough FA Cup game sandwich between a potential SF against Tottenham/West Ham, Liverpool or Chelsea, having played Man City on NYD :shivering:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If this wasn't literally the only image ever to make it out of our last successful run in the comp I'd be well up for another cup win btw. I was on cloud 9 last time (and the one where we broke the Emirates drought).

I can't even vote for this. This team has proven that they can win domestic cups anyways, maybe focus on the league.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Beat Sunderland in the CC and you'll be looking at:
Untitled.jpg

A tough FA Cup game sandwich between a potential SF against Tottenham/West Ham, Liverpool or Chelsea, having played Man City on NYD :shivering:

Good chance we’ll be full strength for NYD. A few teams are trying to negotiate a later release day for players to AFCON.

FA cup ties should just be the kids though. Sp*rs have no AFCON players so we need to be as fresh as we can for it.

Reactions: A_G

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
We should be looking to win both the cups. We've got a good chance to get in the semis of the LC with City out on top of that.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Winning the last final was a fantastic feeling and felt like the start of something special. Obviously we never built on it but I'd still take any cup we can get a hold of. Hopefully we can get some favourable ties in the earlier rounds.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Love winning the Papa Arsène's trophy, will always vote to win it!

Though considering we should be in the semis of the League Cup, will be missing players due to AFCON and are actually doing decently in the league this season...we may have to sacrifice it this year.

Pick up number 15 in 2023 though 💪

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You try and win every competition you compete in bar the EFL. Big clubs with good squads can afford to do that. So full tilt at the league and FA cup with no compromise.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You try and win every competition you compete in bar the EFL. Big clubs with good squads can afford to do that. So full tilt at the league and FA cup with no compromise.

Surely AFCON is a complicating factor though?

Sp*rs game is going to be absolutely massive for top 4 so I’d forgive Arteta for putting the kids out in this.

Riou

Surely AFCON is a complicating factor though?

Sp*rs game is going to be absolutely massive for top 4 so I’d forgive Arteta for putting the kids out in this.

Before a season starts, the order in which I would like to win trophies goes...

1... Champions League/Premier League
2... Europa League/FA Cup
3...any kind of "Super Cup"
4... Conference League/League Cup

...though when you get to a semi final, you have to prioritise, a trophy is a trophy.

Plus, as you say, we have a legitimate chance at Top Four.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Nottingham Forest away again, after losing there 4-2 in 2018 to a bunch of academy players

Riou

Forest away in between the League Cup semis, that exactly how we got knocked out in 2018.

Per (who had one of the best ever Arsenal CB performances in 2017) was an absolute disaster in that game :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom