• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win FA Cup 3rd Round: Oxford 0 - 3 Arsenal | Monday 9th, January | KO: 20:00 | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.
FmDXpBMWYAQ3ypY

Screenshot-20230105-114634.png

Just play the second strings. Hopefully the injury returnees can use this to get some minutes in their legs.

Screenshot-20230105-115610.png

4a1f9adb-276c-4d21-9fbe-404651543721.png

Prediction
Oxford 0-3 Arsenal

No repeat of the Nottingham Forest debacle

Arteta speaks

Last edited by a moderator:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I wasn't keen on that performance. No squad players stood up and forced their way into Arteta's plan.

Last 30 minutes was decent. Nice couple of goals for Eddie. Good to see ESR getting a few minutes too.

Absolutely idiotic starting Saka, if he's injured for the NLD I'm going to be fuming.
Almost got a rematch with Oxford even with Saka starting...

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Oxeki

Hurry up and get the Sp**s thread started son...

zack-snyders-justice-league-martian-manhunter.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Dixon is an awful commentator, he does the unbearable "I don't like football and will just be miserable about everything" style (ala Keane, Sutton etc) hate it...why I prefer the likes of McCoist or Gray back in the day, least they ae excited about ****.

They should get Jerry "The King" Lawler for the Prem soon, he would be great...get the 90s version of him too, when it cuts to a female in the crowd things would get spicy!

NZgunner

That's the thing isn't it - the next round is a hiding to nothing.

In the unlikely event we win, we just reduce fixture congestion for our rival and add clutter to the end season for us.

When we most likely lose, it has to be in a way that doesn't harm us mentally.

In fact if I was Pep, I'd try to get a draw just to stretch our squad even further to breaking point.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
All this game showed again is the massive drop off in performance when we are missing personal in midfield - has to be rectified to have any chance in the league

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The day after, I'm relieved and happy that we won and hopeful that Arteta can make the necessary adjustments. Nobody can fill in fir Partey. Sambi looks worse than when he joined and Vieira has talent but atm, is only good as a sub in the first team. We've got a core of about 18 players who have to stay fit. In the next round, I'd play the U23 midfield who will at least have some thrust and chemistry.

Uncle Good-Advice

Dixon is an awful commentator, he does the unbearable "I don't like football and will just be miserable about everything" style (ala Keane, Sutton etc) hate it...why I prefer the likes of McCoist or Gray back in the day, least they ae excited about ****.

They should get Jerry "The King" Lawler for the Prem soon, he would be great...get the 90s version of him too, when it cuts to a female in the crowd things would get spicy!
I think he feels obliged to be objective and to contain his emotions. Which results in OTT criticism of Arsenal sometimes and bland style of commentary in general.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Missed the second half, just saw the highlights; Eddie's second looked like it was offside but whatevs I'll take it :)

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I'm a bit amazed that there is VAR at some stadiums and no VAR at others. That's a big no no; you either have VAR for all, or none at all.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm a bit amazed that there is VAR at some stadiums and no VAR at others. That's a big no no; you either have VAR for all, or none at all.
It is down to cost. If you look at some of the lower league clubs, they have enough on their financial plate to keep the clubs running. You'd need external funding, or some sort of solidarity fund to get VAR in all the stadia. Even then, you'd get instances where a club like Dulwich Hamlet could make it to the 3rd round, and you'll probably never get VAR down at those clubs.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It is down to cost. If you look at some of the lower league clubs, they have enough on their financial plate to keep the clubs running. You'd need external funding, or some sort of solidarity fund to get VAR in all the stadia. Even then, you'd get instances where a club like Dulwich Hamlet could make it to the 3rd round, and you'll probably never get VAR down at those clubs.

I totally get that but my point is the fact that different games in the FA Cup are being refereed differently. That strikes at the integrity of the competition.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I totally get that but my point is the fact that different games in the FA Cup are being refereed differently. That strikes at the integrity of the competition.
I don't think you have much choice, apart from scrapping VAR all together in cup competitions, and that is unlikely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom