• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 3rd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzG

Established Member
Pennant AFAIK hasn't been allowed to play in carling cup games this season, so he might not be allowed as Wenger might bring him back soon.

Adam

Established Member
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Adam - I think because of the season long implications, playing in cup matches is treated completely differently to league matches.

That's what i am hoping. Having say Penannt and Volz cup tied could be hindering if we need them because of injuries.

jeremiesgirl

Well gutted personally over todays draw, was hoping Arsenal would be at home to a little team or at least local to me (preferably Peterboro :wink: ) Think Arsenal should win comfortably and I hope BBC do show it, we are always second fiddle to Manure :x Hope to see a few of the youngsters play but for an all Premiership clash, can't see many of them playing unfortunately.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

jeremiesgirl said:
Well gutted personally over todays draw, was hoping Arsenal would be at home to a little team or at least local to me (preferably Peterboro :wink: ) Think Arsenal should win comfortably and I hope BBC do show it, we are always second fiddle to Manure :x Hope to see a few of the youngsters play but for an all Premiership clash, can't see many of them playing unfortunately.

No reason why Arsenal shouldn't win.

Leeds have bigger fish to fry; staying in the Prem; so they won't be seating over the result. For Arsenal it's a pride thing. HHolders for 2 years & finalists for three; can't see them fielding an overly weakened team.

The Mini

I think Wenger should really start getting serious again with the FA Cup, winner's on the bounce, we dont want to be out in the third round after our run of wins, I'll be happy when we break the record

slapz

I dont see more than 2 changes from the first eleven we normally have. All i can see is maybe Thierry being rested or benched for someone like Aliadiere or Wiltord to shine ( like last season at OT and the Bridge )

The Mini

Wiltord just enjoys the atmostphere in FA Cup games and relishes it. Edu also play's well under FA Cup conditions

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Beany said:
jeremiesgirl said:

No reason why Arsenal shouldn't win.

Leeds have bigger fish to fry; staying in the Prem; so they won't be seating over the result. For Arsenal it's a pride thing. HHolders for 2 years & finalists for three; can't see them fielding an overly weakened team.

I think it's fair to say that Arsenal have got bigger fish to fry too. We should beat them but it would have been nice if had drawn someone like Accrington or Macclesfield

PolishGooner

How much we can earn:

Third Round Proper winners (32)
£50,000

Fourth Round Proper winners (16)
£75,000

Fifth Round Proper winners (8)
£150,000

Sixth Round Proper winners (4)
£400,000

Runners-Up (1)
£1,000,000

Winners (1)
£2,000,000

Broadcast Payments

The FA's TV Fees

Round
Live Matches
Highlights

First
£50,000
£20,000

Second
£50,000
£20,000

Third
£265,000
£30,000

Fourth
£265,000
£30,000

Fifth
£265,000
£30,000

Sixth
£265,000
£30,000

The FA's National Radio Fees

Full Match Commentary
£9,000

Half Match Commentary
£ 4,500

20-45 Minutes
£ 2,250

0-19 Minutes
No Fee

clash between Leeds and Arsenal will be covered live by Sky Sports.

Superdudes

i guess that henry, viera, pires and campbell won't play.. oh add toure, cole, bergy and gilberto to that list as well..

thus the arsenal fa cup team will read

shaaban
clichy keown cygan hoyte
edu cesc parlour wiltord
kanu aliadere

with stack, senderos, lauren, ljungberg and bergy..
a good mix of the youngster and 1st team..

VCC

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Indeed! (there's one for those with long memories!).

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the record, I'd expect us to play pretty close to full strength in the FA Cup, particularly against a Premiership side on the road. Leeds have played much better recently, and let's not forget they did just hold the Roman empire to a draw.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Nah - it'll be half first team and half reserves. Look at the number of times he's rested players in big FA Cup games in the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom