FA Cup 4th Round: AFC Bournemouth v Arsenal | Monday, January 27 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by American_Gooner, Jan 22, 2020.

?

Match Prediction

Poll closed Jan 27, 2020.
  1. Arsenal Win

68.9%
  2. Draw (Go to a replay)

24.4%
  3. Bournemouth Win

6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

Absolutely love this competition, have such a great history in it too...and with the amount of times we have won it, there is a good chance this was your first trophy as an Arsenal fan, which is something you never forget...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, it's basically dad's trophy too...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  2. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

Was asked recently what my relationship with my dad is like, pointed out that I love Arsène and he has been a great example of what being classy and being a good listener is... Guy looked absolutely bamboozled.

A father to us all.

3. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

My order of preference for trophies Arsenal can win goes...

1. Champions League/Premier League
    2. Europa League/FA Cup
    3. Community Shield/European Super Cup/etc.
    4. League Cup

...want us to win the FA Cup every year, at the least give it the respect it deserves.

m-due and Hleb's Sirush like this.
  4. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Nah, Community Shield or nothing mate. Everything else is a Mickey Mouse Cup.

m-due and Riou like this.
  5. Finesse

Finesse Well-Known Member

Arteta is trying to build a momentum and spirit. Performance and results are key to this. He wants to eradicate the fragility in the team in terms of mentality. A loss always brings Arsenal players crashing and he wants to avoid any loss no matter the competition. He will play a full team and win the game. If at home against Leeds he played a strong team , what more of Bournemouth away? Besides any weakened team against Leeds would have been suicide considering how well they played. Enough of this resting talk. We have lots of injured players and any injured player provides an opportunity for a next Saka or Martinelli. Keep the shape and structure to build coherence.

m-due and Tosker like this.
  6. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

and Arteta actually lifted the cup for Arsenal in 2015, although he was unable to play in the final, so it must mean something to him

and apart from the boost a cup run gives the players and manager, the fans love going to Wembley, and ours deserve a good day out more than most

m-due, celestis and Riou like this.
  7. Camus

Camus Well-Known Member

Think the FA Cup is only as good as the teams you play in. 2o15 win was pretty forgettable bar the United win. 2017 was top since beating Peps City and then the Champions Chelsea at Wembley is as hard as it gets, not to mention both were late wins.

m-due, PoleInGoal and Tosker like this.
  8. boxerumble

boxerumble Active Member

play the C team and move on. win or lose. no player comes to a top EPL club saying "Gee, I really want to win the FA cup". Thing has zero merit. Maybe for the smaller clubs incl lower divisions but honestly, who cares?

m-due likes this.
  9. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

How about the 2014 run? Faced much stronger teams in the earlier rounds

m-due likes this.
  10. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

You say that but then of the last 30 finals only 2-3 teams outside the top 6 clubs have actually won it.

m-due likes this.
  11. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

People turning their nose up at this :frustrated::facepalm: luckily Arteta is smarter than you losers

roz, celestis, Makingtrax and 4 others like this.
  12. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

They have not, they were awful in their win vs Brighton too.
    Currently the worst team in the league, create nothing, can't keep hold of the ball, concede a lot of shots.

Our chance to smash them and get some confidence going.

13. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

We should win this fair and square. Be nice to get an easy home game in the next round and through to the last eight.

Pepes blue pill and m-due like this.
  14. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

Love the FA cup. Definitely to do with the fond memories of winning it so often.

The league is pretty much over for us unless we somehow find ourselves fighting for 4th place or battling against relegation. Both of those seem equally unlikely. So I would focus all our energy on the 2 cups we can still win if we get our act together.

Arteta will play a strong team and I agree with him.

Martinez

AMN Mustafi Holding Saka

Guendouzi Xhaka

Pepe Özil Martinelli

Lacazette​

Pepes blue pill and m-due like this.
  15. GeorgiaGunner

GeorgiaGunner Closet United Fan

They ought to name the trophy after Big Wengz, a la the Super Bowl's Lombardi.

Pepes blue pill, Riou and m-due like this.
  16. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

People slept on our 2017 FA Cup win. To beat Citeh in the semis and then Chelski (who we’re champions) in the final is a monumental achievement.

FA Cup final day is always a beautiful buzz. This is the best thing Arteta won in his career and I believe his fondness of the competition will reflect in his selection. Bar a couple of changes we should go strong;

Martinez
    AMN Sokratis Mustafi Saka
    Xhaka Torreira
    Pepe Özil Martinelli
    Lacazette

If we can grab some early goals, rest the big hitters. Get Guen on for Torreira, Ceballos on for Özil and if Nelson is fit, get him on for either Laca or Martinelli.

Really not sure what sort of team Bournemouth are gonna pick, they’ve got one or two back from injury who they’ll need to protect in their bid to stay up.

Going for a 0-2. Goals from Xhaka and Martinelli. COYG!!

krengon, Tosker, m-due and 3 others like this.
  17. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Think howe always rotates in the cups, with their next game being villa I cant see them playing their strongest side here

m-due likes this.
  18. Make

Make Active Member

Surely, I think that our XI will be:
    Martinez
    AMN Sokratis Holding Saka
    Xhaka Guendouzi
    Pepe Özil Martinelli
    Lacazette

1-0 at half-time but at the end of the game 1-2 to the Arsenal.
    Come on Arsenal!!!

m-due likes this.
  19. trippyhippy

trippyhippy Active Member

Hope we go full strength and batter them. Sick and tired of these small teams getting undeserved draws and jammy goals against us.

GeorgiaGunner and m-due like this.
  20. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

1-1 to the Arsenal jk. We need our consistency back and simply win games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.