• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 4th Round: Manchester City 1 - 0 Arsenal | Friday 27th, January | KO: 20:00 GMT | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Play the kids and bin this. Don't show our hand until we play them Feb 15th.

Screenshot-20230123-130238.png

3473fff4-f2b9-43c2-9b4f-0cf508ac3666.png

Prediction

Man city 2-1 Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think he'll make changes. Not a whole B team, but playing some players he trusts like Turner, Tierney, Tomiyasu, perhaps Vieira and Trossard.

I'm basing that on the comment he made about this being a different game to those in the league, and it would have little bearing. I took it from that that he was expecting both sides to make changes.

Agreed, these guys deserve minutes as well. They’re the ”squad players” you can really trust, they’re in a tier above the likes of Holding and Lokonga.

I’d really like to see what Kiwior is made of as well, have high hopes for him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Agreed, these guys deserve minutes as well. They’re the ”squad players” you can really trust, they’re in a tier above the likes of Holding and Lokonga.

I’d really like to see what Kiwior is made of as well, have high hopes for him.

Yeah I think we need to rotate but not to throw the game, more this is your chance to make a statement and get some important minutes. Guys like Tomi, Tierney and Trossard should start.

It's just made me realise how short we are in midfield, I don't want Partey to start but who else can? Who can replace Chaka?

balthazar

Yeah I think we need to rotate but not to throw the game, more this is your chance to make a statement and get some important minutes. Guys like Tomi, Tierney and Trossard should start.

It's just made me realise how short we are in midfield, I don't want Partey to start but who else can? Who can replace Chaka?
With Elneny we need to two playes, if we are lucky one will suffice. Lost Torreira, AMN, Guendouzi but they have not been replaced.

Perhaps White could do a job there, but he also needs to be rested probably. Who else? Zinchenko? Arteta?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Turner
Tomi Holding Saliba Tierney
Lokonga Xhaka
Ode
Vieira Eddie Trossard

Rotation whilst maintaining most of the spine except Ramsdale + Partey.

I expect City to rotate the renegades - Walker, Cancelo, Bernardo.

If that happens the game goes up in the air. The pressure is on City for this game. They need to put doubt in our heads. Theyll need to win by more than 2 goals which I don't see happening. It gives us a free hit and in truth id settle for a one nil loss and City having extra games and distractions. The league then the Europa is the priority for me.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I am excited about this match tbf, but City might rotate a little bit more just because they have more squad depth then us.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Turner
Tomi Holding Saliba Tierney
Lokonga Xhaka
Ode
Vieira Eddie Trossard

Rotation whilst maintaining most of the spine except Ramsdale + Partey.

I expect City to rotate the renegades - Walker, Cancelo, Bernardo.

If that happens the game goes up in the air. The pressure is on City for this game. They need to put doubt in our heads. Theyll need to win by more than 2 goals which I don't see happening. It gives us a free hit and in truth id settle for a one nil loss and City having extra games and distractions. The league then the Europa is the priority for me.

We're going to get humiliated with that line up, are you mad

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm interested to see if we gonna play high line and try press man city high. They are not other team they'll destroy us if we don't excute that specially with few rotation think we'll be happy to concede position and try frustrate them

bergholt

I think he'll make changes. Not a whole B team, but playing some players he trusts like Turner, Tierney, Tomiyasu, perhaps Vieira and Trossard.

I'm basing that on the comment he made about this being a different game to those in the league, and it would have little bearing. I took it from that that he was expecting both sides to make changes.

Turney, Tierney, Tomi, Trossey

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Banger game most likely. Looking forward to it!

Hopefully Trossard start, would be nice to see him for a full game

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
To me Arteta has to go all in or out with our side. You can't put in 4-5 regulars and then some squaddies.

If you play all squaddies, Man City won't have really beaten the 'proper' Arsenal, we'll have kept our powder dry. I could live with that.

I think Arteta will put out pretty much our best 11 and tbh I'm starting to come around to the idea, not really with the FA Cup itself in mind but setting down a psychological marker for the upcoming PL fixtures against them. Getting a win against them will make a statement.

Arteta is a winner, there's no way he won't want to get one over on Pep and Man City so it's a full strength side tonight for me. Hopefully we don't pick up any injuries.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I think Arteta will put out pretty much our best 11 and tbh I'm starting to come around to the idea, not really with the FA Cup itself in mind but setting down a psychological marker for the upcoming PL fixtures against them. Getting a win against them will make a statement.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel rn.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta won't make full changes im expecting 3-4 changes Tierney Tomi Turner and Trossard. The rest will stay same we'll play everton in 8 days so more than enough to recover and get fully rested.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Won't be able to watch this as I'll be flying over London to visit my other passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom