• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 4th Round: Manchester City 1 - 0 Arsenal | Friday 27th, January | KO: 20:00 GMT | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Play the kids and bin this. Don't show our hand until we play them Feb 15th.

Screenshot-20230123-130238.png

3473fff4-f2b9-43c2-9b4f-0cf508ac3666.png

Prediction

Man city 2-1 Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Doctor? Is that you? Why are you going to subject Thomas to an unnecessary MRI scan on Monday when you know he's fine?

I’m ok with either doctor or sir, take your pick.

I can do you a prescription for fluoxetine. Side hustle. Will do you wonders.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

But question is how many players can do what partey does currently
In the league I would say Marc Roca in a lower quality. Caicedo won't do it but not an idiot defending like Lokonga. The boy is the worst midfielder I have seen in years when he has to cover and defend.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Im sure the players went in the dressing room with more confidence that they probably had before. They have to be thinking they can beat them. That being said, when we do play them again that left side will be their undoing or an overlapping Ben White on the right

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Do you think I’m @Mitch who has a fetish for snowbunnies? 😭

I think you’re mistaken lad. Nothing better than seeing my fellow brothers succeed.

What's a "snowbuunies" I'm not down with you kids lingo nowadays.

Is it a reference to a person hair colour or if they watch love Island which seems to be the basis that young fans rate players ability nowadays?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

What's a "snowbuunies" I'm not down with you kids lingo nowadays.

Is it a reference to a person hair colour or if they watch love Island which seems to be the basis that young fans rate players ability nowadays?

Here you go:

andeoch1

If you're knit picking the squaddies

Turner isn't good enough with ball at feet. Needs to improve that for an Arteta side otherwise good back up.

Holding- We all know isn't up to scratch against a player like Haaland. Okay number 4/5 CB.

Tomi- Needs to burn off the ring rust and add a bit more dynamism going forward. Very one paced at times.

Lokonga- Just give up on him. It's not there.

Vieira- Needs to take the game by the scruff of the neck and not just be pretty.

Trossard- Settling in well. Looks a good player.

I'm being fairly critical but few of these guys look like staking a claim for a place in the starting 11, bar maybe Trossard.
Jaysus Christ Vieira is far from ‘ pretty’, lol

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I have watched the goal and the build up to it. I swear people just have agendas. Yes he is not good enough. But that goal was not his fault. No way could or should he be where Alvarez was when he got the ball when you had several of our players on that side. Look at xhakas positioning when the ball is passed to Alvarez

Then the ball falls to Grealish after shot hits post and Tomi is ushering him outwards when Saka falls a sleep to Ake run and leaves him open. Arteta when asked what could you do better to deserve goal he said be aware of runners in our penalty area which was directed at Saka

Yes Lokonga is not good enough, but this pathetic blame he is the reason we lost is pathetic

Badger_Revenge

We lost but no consequence for the table. It's the PL I worry about. Europa League next.

Glad to see us hold our own against the league holders at their place. The gap, if it exists, is not large at all. Confident we'll take them at least one game off them in the league if Partey is healthy. That's all we need really from those matches.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
6 changes and we looked decent against Man City’s first team. Compare this to the Oxford Utd game where we started Saka, Martinelli, Gabriel etc. We looked terrible in that game until Xhaka came on. This just proves how important our midfield double of Xhaka and Partey is. Obviously against Man City we need both pieces Xhaka and Partey not just one. But without these players we are poverty, with them we are world class. Xhaka and Partey are the most important players in this team, without a doubt.

yorch44

I have watched the goal and the build up to it. I swear people just have agendas. Yes he is not good enough. But that goal was not his fault. No way could or should he be where Alvarez was when he got the ball when you had several of our players on that side. Look at xhakas positioning when the ball is passed to Alvarez

Then the ball falls to Grealish after shot hits post and Tomi is ushering him outwards when Saka falls a sleep to Ake run and leaves him open. Arteta when asked what could you do better to deserve goal he said be aware of runners in our penalty area which was directed at Saka

Yes Lokonga is not good enough, but this pathetic blame he is the reason we lost is pathetic
Then you never played as midfielder in your life rasmi. He shoulda close that zone, as DM the shadow striker is your responsibility. As DM you have to responsibilities, your zone and your man. City changed to 4411... Álvarez playing behind Haaland means the DM needs to cover the late runner. I am not a pro, but been playing CM for many years and one thing I am sure, you don't stay in one place jumping like a boy watching and hoping others do something.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Solid performance from the boys, you can see the footy system is well entrenched now. Really positive to see that.

Lokonga has shown improvements to his game, but still switches off too much for this crucial role.

Unfortunate that we don’t have anymore competitions for him to feature in this season, perhaps the last sixteen of the EL.

Hopefully TP5 is alright, I have a feeling he will be. Caicedo cannot come soon enough.

yorch44

@Rasmi I am going to explain why with images because I can't in a video because I am a idiot to know how to.

Going to the point.
First mistake. Bad decision. Letting Tomi 1vs1 against Grealish having no one to cover. Gundogan was still far to be a treat. Saka was far so he as DM needs to cover and support. It's in your defensive role to make those covers. Saka is responsible as well, but it's well known wingers sometimes are still tracking back so the DM needs to go there.
IMG_20230127_232629.jpg

Second mistake. Bad positioning.
IMG_20230127_232755.jpg

Located in the wrong place. Not covering Gundogan nor Ake. He should be closer. Only looking the ball and never has sense of foes. Saliba did bad as well.
IMG_20230127_232956.jpg

As result, he was always so far from Ake and Gundogan so that's why he couldn't block the shot. Look at the distance between him and both players. He couldn't help none. Even if the pass were given to "his man".

So yeah, he had a lot of responsibility in that goal. And that's the difference between him and Partey. Partey usually occupies those spaces and help the FBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom