• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 4th Round: Manchester City 1 - 0 Arsenal | Friday 27th, January | KO: 20:00 GMT | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Play the kids and bin this. Don't show our hand until we play them Feb 15th.

Screenshot-20230123-130238.png

3473fff4-f2b9-43c2-9b4f-0cf508ac3666.png

Prediction

Man city 2-1 Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Second team. Don’t want them to be able to figure us out for two weeks time.

Debut for Kiwior but I’d consider using Martinelli to try and get him back into form.

Nketiah, Zinny, Saka, Partey and Xhaka all need to be rested though imo.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Think a lot of our starters will play. We're playing at the Etihad and a drubbing could get into our players' heads.

Expect the likes of Xhaka and Saka, added with someone like Trossard in between. No Partey please.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Reminds me of 07/08, top of the league going away to second place in the FA Cup. Wenger rotated a bit and the team got battered 4-0 at Old Trafford, seemed like that had a psychological effect on them. Hope to avoid something similar here.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Hopefully he puts a weak team out as the club has bigger fish to fry but most likely he will put out a strong one.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’ll be a strong team, look at the Oxford lineup. Defence will see rotation and Trossard might get a start.

Midfield won't be the woeful one we saw against Oxford.

Turner
Tomi Holding Gabriel Tierney
Xhaka Partey
Ødegaard
Saka Eddie Trossard

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
we have Kiwi and Trossard now so we can afford to rotate a bit. Arteta will still put strong team it's man city after all.

Turner
Tomi Gabriel Kiwi Tierney
Elneny (if fit) Xhaka
Saka Fabio Trossard
Eddie

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I’m so not into this game I’m going out for dinner on Friday night.

I actually think Mikel will put out a reasonably strong team/bench, as we don’t play again till the following Saturday, but tbh who cares.

I’m way more bothered about the PL and even the EL as we’re massively overdue a european trophy.

bastun

Player:Saka
we have Kiwi and Trossard now so we can afford to rotate a bit. Arteta will still put strong team it's man city after all.

Turner
Tomi Gabriel Kiwi Tierney
Elneny (if fit) Xhaka
Saka Fabio Trossard
Eddie
Kiwi and Gabriel both left footed. If Kiwior will start it will be with Saliba.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I used to criticise Wenger for binning off the cups back in the day so I'm going full double standards here in saying rest a few for this one. Saka, Partey, Eddie and Ode don't need to be playing. Can't be risking anything happening to Eddie with Jesus still out.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We've seen enough FA Cup wins to give us beautiful memories. But, now we've actually got a chance at the trophy that's eluded us for almost 2 decades!!

Throw this match, play the under 9's if you must. They won't remember it in a couple of years time anyway :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Yeah absolutely no chance we play a complete second team. Trossard, Tierney, ESR and co might come in but it'll be a strong team.

Tomb Bombadil

Arteta will play the strongest team, with no game until 8 days later.

He won’t be showing his hand to Pep because there’s half a season’s worth of footage out there.
I really don't mind if we lose this. But I am also pretty sure we will play a really strong team. The only players I see coming in would be Tomy, Tierney or Trossard, but max. 2.

I would love to give a rest to Partey and Saka but almost no chance. Arteta might play with:

Turner
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey
Ødegaard - Xhaka
Saka - Eddie - Trossard​

Reactions: A_G

Morning_woody

Bin the FA Cup or else we may end up like Liverpool in 21/22 season where they lost the league by 1 point and lost in the Champions League final but won FA and EFL cup.

Look, I want us to win every trophy possible and a triple would be some achievement, but tbh we don't have the squad for 3 tournaments.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

He won’t be showing his hand to Pep because there’s half a season’s worth of footage out there.
He will play a really strong team. The only changes I can see is Tierney, Trossard and Tomi coming in as they're probably not far of the first 11 and he seems to trust them (not so much Tierney but the other two he has no hesitation to throw them in). The only wild card might be Vieira as he has started all our cup games when fit.

Reactions: A_G

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah? Is there half a season’s worth of footage out there of us running rings around City and beating them? Because thats whats gonna happen if we try, would like to save that for the PL game.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yeah? Is there half a season’s worth of footage out there of us running rings around City and beating them? Because thats whats gonna happen if we try, would like to save that for the PL game.
You must be very naive if you think Pep needs to actually play this team to create a game plan for them in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom