• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss FA Cup 4th Round: Manchester City 1 - 0 Arsenal | Friday 27th, January | KO: 20:00 GMT | ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Play the kids and bin this. Don't show our hand until we play them Feb 15th.

Screenshot-20230123-130238.png

3473fff4-f2b9-43c2-9b4f-0cf508ac3666.png

Prediction

Man city 2-1 Arsenal

Last edited by a moderator:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I care. First, I want the double; second, throw this game, even with total B squad and morale goes down. Arteta will play to win and so he should.
We won doubles under Wenger when we were plainly the preeminent team - I was there to see it. That’s not where we are presently as a club, brilliant as our football this season has been. It’s so much more competitive. Since those teams did it only equally preeminent teams - in Chelsea and City - have emulated.

Its not going to happen - we might - just might - have a run at the Europa but that depends on our eventual draw.

I’m just being realistic.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Turner
Tomi Holding Saliba Tierney
Lokonga Xhaka
Ode
Vieira Eddie Trossard

Rotation whilst maintaining most of the spine except Ramsdale + Partey.

I expect City to rotate the renegades - Walker, Cancelo, Bernardo.

If that happens the game goes up in the air. The pressure is on City for this game. They need to put doubt in our heads. Theyll need to win by more than 2 goals which I don't see happening. It gives us a free hit and in truth id settle for a one nil loss and City having extra games and distractions. The league then the Europa is the priority for me.
No chance Arteta goes this weak. He wants to win this game so he isn't going to leave out Gabriel, Zinchenko, White, Partey, Saka and Martinelli. That is 6, actually 7 if you count Ramsdale of the starting 11. Not sure we made even that many changes against little Oxford.

The T guys might come in but apart from them can't see anyone else starting. I would be flabbergasted if for example Lokonga started this game.

Alexs

I take your point @Beany but the FA Cup is most about the draw. You can win it just beating a couple of top teams. No need to throw this game.

Goonger

I care. First, I want the double; second, throw this game, even with total B squad and morale goes down. Arteta will play to win and so he should.

Theres 2 ways to look at it. If we play some of the B team and we get beat, morale might go down, but we also can think we have big players to come in.

If we go full strength, then we obviously have a better chance of winning. However, what if the full strength team get beat. THAT would be morale sapping.

It's a tough 1, purely because we aren't where City are squad wise. Next season you would think we would be better off in that regard, adding some quality in the summer and guys like Kiwior, Vieira spending more time with the team and a full pre season hopefully getting integrated more.

I'm usually a guy that wants to win every competition we are in. This year is just a bit unique to me in terms of our chances of winning the title, let's be honest overachieving with the squad we have, and not having played City yet either which is strange in itself.

It's a tough 1 to call to be honest. Can see both arguments.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I think Arteta will try to win all 270 minutes against City, given no midweek PL games.
The home PL fixture against city itself is a midweek fixture on a Wednesday. And we travel to Villa on Saturday for early lunchtime kick off.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We'll play pretty much our strongest 11. Maybe your Turner's and KT's coming in. That's about it.

I remember last year Arteta was putting out virtual first 11 sides against bvm teams in the early League Cup games.

No way he's not going very strong here with a week until our next fixture.
Last year Arsenal had no UEL. This year it looked like Arteta risked dropping out of Carabao Cup, which surely was the right decision, when you look at United's fixtures while they got those Barcelona matches in addition.

But yeah, maybe something like this:

Trossard-Nketiah-Saka
Xhaka-Vieira
Partey
Tierney-Gabriel-Saliba-White
Turner

Saka might start, I bet he wants to play as the next game is a week from now. So he could be rested later in the game if he starts. Trossard will get a lot of minutes hopefully.

I don't like Partey starting at all, but with Elneny injured I'm out of ideas. Xhaka could play there and Sambi as LCM, but that midfield will struggle a lot against City. And Ødegaard and Vieira as CM's looks too attacking against City.

I wouldn't risk ruining Kiwior's confidence by starting him against City in his first game with almost no training with the team.

I do assume Arteta might go even stronger and rest the players with subs depending on the scoreline.

Pulp

Whatever happens this match it will at least be a good measure of where the team is with regards to City. Played well against them at the Emirates last year, so hopefully more of the same. I am just hoping for a decent performance no matter the result. Defensive minded perhaps, but I won't let a loss here ruin my weekend. For the first time in a long time a cup win isn't the best Arsenal can hope for.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Curious as to what if any impact having the transfer window still open will have on tonight's team selection. Someone gets injured the market is there. Someone not selected the market is there to sell them. Could give insight into Arteta's priorities and trust in his squad.

Or it could mean sweet f.a.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Looking forward to this, even though the league is my priority and I will always love the cup!

Think both managers will go pretty strong, be good to see how we stack up v them before the big league games next month.

Anything but a draw (or a heavy defeat) and with no injuries, I will be happy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Trossard start today he'll be up against the impressive Rico Lewis who start for man city too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom