• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: Arsenal v Hull City - 20/02/16, 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
------------Ospina
Chambers Mertesacker Gabriel Monreal
---------Elneny Coquelin
-----Welbeck Iwobi Alexis
--------------Theo

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Vital to rest players here, we don't get a weeks rest after this till after the Tottenham game.

Coquelin needs a start to get up to speed, wasn't great today.

ChampagneFootball

if we win this match, imagine Hull fans....
get knocked out in this cup by Arsenal 3 years in a row.

In the Phil Brown era, I'd have loved it. But these days I'm fairly indifferent towards Hull. As a matter of fact, with our two lads out on loan there I generally find myself wanting them to win. I also think Steve Bruce is probably the most tolerable United legend still in the game in England by a long way.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Rest some key players but we also gonna need some cohesion and solidity in this game especially with Gabriel still injured potentially.

Ospina
Flamini Chambers Mertersacker Gibbs (He's fit?)
Elneny
Ramsey Iwobi
Campbell Giroud Welbeck

No need to risk Koscielny and Coq in this one, also rest Özil, Alexis and Walcott whom I want starting vs Barca. Damn shame Rosicky and Wilshere are out injured.

Last edited:

Rest max 2-3 players. With all the hard games in league and Barcelona in Champions league this is our best shot to win a Cup.

Wenger will field strong team anyway.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The last two very simple matchday threads (v. Cherries and Foxes) seem to be a lucky charm :p

FA Cup matches are exception, but anyone do not dare to create the one after Hull for Barca :D

I also think Steve Bruce is probably the most tolerable United legend still in the game in England by a long way.

While there's some truth in that, I just want to re-put on record that Steve "Martin Taylor's tackle wasn't a red card challenge" Bruce is not as angelic as hit fat tubby shows him out to be.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel no chance being back? Bellerin could do with a rest given our schedule is now Hull, Barcelona, Utd, Swansea, Tottenham.

Coq Elneny
Iwobi
Ox Walcott Campbell

Özil rested completely with Giroud, Welbeck and Alexis on the bench.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Bellerin needs to be rested and I would consider Flamini playing RB so that Chambers can play CB next to Per. Rest Kos, Alexis, Özil, Ramsey.

Welbeck needs some game time, also share Giroud & Walcott at CF, so both are relatively fresh for Barca.

------------------Ospina
Flamini-----Per---Chambers---Monreal
--------------Coq-----Elneny
Ox/Welbeck---Iwobi-----------Campbell
------------Giroud/Walcott

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn;t rest our top 11 here. They need on the pitch minutes playing together because at the moment they are not looking good. I would play our best team for nothing else than to hone their skills and communication before Barca and Man U. Also, our players never look good after a rest. I have no idea why, but they never do.

TriniGunner

I wouldn;t rest our top 11 here. They need on the pitch minutes playing together because at the moment they are not looking good. I would play our best team for nothing else than to hone their skills and communication before Barca and Man U. Also, our players never look good after a rest. I have no idea why, but they never do.

You may be on to something here. We hardly look good after a rest and for some reason we look really good when the starting 11 has been playing consistently together for weeks. Sanchez needs to start and Coquelin needs game time. Cazorla would be our biggest miss for that Barcelona game and it's showing at the moment as well. When I log in here and see people berating him I get really upset as they have no idea how important he is to our team. Ramsey plays exponentially better when Cazorla is behind him and he's running forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom