• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: Arsenal v Hull City - 20/02/16, 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bashii

Looking forward to reading the analysis on the game, so please continue with that. I'm also keen to see the performances from mentioned Iwobi, Welbeck, Chambers, Elneny.

Iwobi has a great first touch, similar to Jack in that he will move the ball away from danger with it. Technically he looks the part and he looks ready to be a regular in the first team. Where he fits, I'm not sure, he's not replacing Mesut any time soon but the RW position is still there for the taking. I am fully on the hype train with this guy.

Welbeck looks sharp, his dribbling and first touch was on point and he fired off a few decent shots. Much better than I expected him to be after a long break.

Chambers just looks confident right now. Very good game from him I thought. He put in decent crosses throughout , beat his man a few times and played a lovely little through ball to Welbeck. Defensively he didn't have much to do mind.

Elneny wants the ball. He makes himself available in midfield, his passes are basic, one good defense splitting pass on the edge of the box. Couple of wild shots. Pure cdm he is not. The ball passes him with ease and he doesn't really break up play. Not sure where he fits into this squad right now, although obviously he should be ahead of Flamini at all times.

General

Established Member
Kosceilny was a lucky boy to stay on the pitch on 85mins with a very bad foul up the half way line which Mike definitely saw but played advantage. Possibly mindful of his bad reputation against us and not wanting to court anymore controversy he bottled the second yellow.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

That's a bit of a dismal excuse to use when dealing with highly paid, exceedingly pampered, professionals who have been preparing for their careers, both physically and emotionally, since childhood. After all, it was a football match that last 95 minutes, not exactly a gladiatorial bout to the death.

Sorry , but are we talking about the same thing here ? I was just giving my hunch as to why Coq and Ramsey weren't played , hectic schedule and all not to mention Coq is only just back from injury .

Last edited:

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yeah, Kos was pretty close to getting sent off, there were a couple of occassions where he just got ahead of the opponent and avioded a foul. Missing him vs ManUre would've been quite a blow, especially as I thought he looked to be finding his form again.

progman07

Established Member
I didn't think Dean was that bad, blame entirely on us for not getting the result.

Has Wenger explained his reasoning for the two CMs?

Also not buying into the whole keepers always go up a level against us. Just like how our injuries are bad luck...every year.

Very true. We had 20-25 shots, but only 2-3 really made the keeper work. Many of our chances/shots are just not that dangerous.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Anyone got out conversion rate stats compared to the rest of the league for the season?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Been thinking that this replay might work out okay for us for a number of reasons - (aside from the obvious logistical challenges in fitting this game in)

1. The squad can get another competitive match to get game sharp. Players like Campbell, Ospina, Iwobi, Elneny, Gibbs, Chambers, Welbeck & Theo need more game time.

2. I assume they might move the Swansea game in a week & a half in which case by the time we meet the Swans they should have secured their EPL status & thus not much riding on the game for them.

3. If 2 is the case then our 1st team have the week off before a really tough NLD in which the Sp*ds have to got to Upton Pk. for a really tough London derby at one of their most fierce rivals.

4. It could provide game time for returning players like Santi & Gabriel.

We now have a deep squad and with all the returning wounded then 1st team game time will be at a premium thus the FA Cup replay can provide that much needed match practice.

Of course we could have done without the replay & should have won in normal time. Now it will be time for our squad to show that it can manage the demands that will be thrust upon the team from here until middle May.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Just watched the game.

Positives: Iwobi, Welbeck and the fact that despite we can't really have anymore games in our schedule, this wasn't a necessary must win game. The PL games are. We can't have lethargic performances like this then. Let's just use some subs for the replay again and make sure we win it.

Negatives: Alexis's form and our overall play. The only reason why Hull defended so compact is because we allowed them to. We're passing around the box with no urgency, it's not hard to keep a lot of men behind the ball successfully then.

Let's just move on, we're not out of it. Let's kick some Barca ass.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We deserved two pens, and **** Mike Dean for not giving them to us.

But what is up with our lack of arguing? Need arms up and people in the ref's face, like what the hell? No wonder we don't get many pens tbh.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Kosceilny was a lucky boy to stay on the pitch on 85mins with a very bad foul up the half way line which Mike definitely saw but played advantage. Possibly mindful of his bad reputation against us and not wanting to court anymore controversy he bottled the second yellow.

Tbf Dean missed a two blatant PKs I thought - hand ball off an El Neny shot and their defender on Chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom