• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: Arsenal v Watford - 13/3/16, 13:30 - BT Sport

Proof

Established Member
Arsenal will host Watford in an FA Cup tie at home for the first time since 1987, when we lost 1-3 in the quarter finals.​

Ospina
Bellerin Chambers Monreal Gibbs
Elneny Coquelin
Özil
Walcott Giroud Alexis​

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We'll need to have a stronger squad for this, because Wenger will certainly go for the Cup despite being "still" in the title race.

Özil and Sanchez might get involved, while Welbeck will likely be still rested for the arduous task of pressing Biscuit in Camp Nou.

Ospina
Bellerin - Chambers - Mertesacker - Gibbs
Elneny - Le Coq
Campbell - Özil - Sanchez
Giroud
Be nice if we win this and get the winner of Palace-Reading in semis.

Iceko

It'll be interesting to see Wengers team selection. We've got 3 matches in 7 days coming up. I think he won't give up on the Champions League so does that mean he'll rest Özil/Sanchez/Bellerin again vs Watford? If he wants to play the strongest XI vs Barca and Everton I think he definitely should rest them. With Chambers, Giroud, Theo, Gibbs for example looking bright today I think we could get away with such rotation.

Ospina

Chambers - Per - Monreal - Gibbs

Elneny - Coquelin

Campbell - Jeff - Walcott

Giroud

Bench: Macey, Bellerin, Flamini, Iwobi, Özil, Sanchez, Welbeck​

Jerome_Gooner

Tough team selection to make with the week ahead and yet the FA Cup being our most likely prospect. I would slot 1 first teamer back in per line :

Ospina
Bellerin - Per - Chambers - Gibbs
Coquelin - Elnenny
Campbell - Özil - Walcott
Giroud
Can't drop Campbell, Walcott and Giroud considering last night, dropping Iwobi to the bench is harsh as it is.

Sanchez and Welbeck our impact subs

Maxim

Do not fancy playing against Deeney and especially Ighalo without Koscielny. This will be a very hard game.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think Monreal will be out for this, he was limping at the end from that tackle late on. Even if he is ok I think Wenger wont gamble with him. I think Bellerin will also be rested. Tbh, I'm not a fan of him and Theo on the same wing so if Bellerin does play I would put Joel at RW.

Ospina
Flamini Chambers Mertesacker Gibbs
Elneny Coq
Walcott Iwobi Joel
Giroud

Iceko

Its a tough one. Would Wenger really play our starters 3 days before Barca? We all know Wenger will do whatever he can to try and win that game no matter how futile it may seem.. I hope Özil, Sanchez and Welbeck are only used as impact subs when needed. Coq could definitely use a game to get his sharpness back.

baccy_man

Established Member
This is a game that we should win but i think we will probably make hard work of it with all the injuries that we have got in the squad.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Any idea if Watford will go for this or rest players? I think that determines whether Iwobi starts.

Jerome_Gooner

Any idea if Watford will go for this or rest players? I think that determines whether Iwobi starts.

For some frame of reference, they played this against Newcastle in the 3rd round :

• GK Heurelho Gomes
  • DF Allan Nyom
  • DF Sebastian Prödl
  • DF Craig Cathcart
  • DF Jose Holebas
  • MF Adlène Guédioura
  • MF Ben Watson
  • MF Steven Berghuis (62': Almen Abdi)
  • MF Jurado (72': Odion Ighalo)
  • ST Troy Deeney
  • ST Obbi Oulare (45': Ikechi Anya)
And against Nottingham in the 4th round :
  • Costel Pantilimon GK
  • Allan Nyom DF
  • Sebastian Prödl DF
  • Craig Cathcart DF
  • Nathan Aké DF
  • Ben Watson MF
  • Almen Abdi MF
  • Adlène Guédioura MF
  • Nordin Amrabat MF(86': Juan Carlos Paredes)
  • Ikechi Anya MF(71': Jurado)
  • Troy Deeney ST(71': Odion Ighalo)

So not quite full strength, Ighalo off the bench both times. But they also know Deeney + Ighalo can cause us problem with our injury issues at the back...

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

From memory they are safe in the league so they'll be going for it I'd imagine.

Lancelot

Established Member
I would really like us to face their best line-up. It will be interesting to see how well we continue to rebound against a stronger opponent after that good win in Hull.

With all this talk of the players getting together to fight for a cause, you'd hope they know full well that there's no better stage to show it than on the sacred football field in front of the home crowd.

Let the good times roll!

Maxim

For some frame of reference, they played this against Newcastle in the 3rd round :

• GK Heurelho Gomes
  • DF Allan Nyom
  • DF Sebastian Prödl
  • DF Craig Cathcart
  • DF Jose Holebas
  • MF Adlène Guédioura
  • MF Ben Watson
  • ST Troy Deeney
  • Costel Pantilimon GK
  • Allan Nyom DF
  • Sebastian Prödl DF
  • Craig Cathcart DF
  • Nathan Aké DF
  • Ben Watson MF
  • Almen Abdi MF
  • Adlène Guédioura MF

So not quite full strength, Ighalo off the bench both times. But they also know Deeney + Ighalo can cause us problem with our injury issues at the back...

That's encouraging ^^

I would really like us to face their best line-up. It will be interesting to see how well we continue to rebound against a stronger opponent after that good win in Hull.

With all this talk of the players getting together to fight for a cause, you'd hope they know full well that there's no better stage to show it than on the sacred football field in front of the home crowd.

Let the good times roll!

Completely and utterly disagree. We are way past the point of proving our "mental strength", "character" and "bounce back-ability".

At this stage of the season it is about fighting for every single inch no matter how ugly or lucky it is. I hope they send out their u16s so we can rest a few players.

Chanberry

• GK Heurelho Gomes
  • DF Allan Nyom
  • DF Sebastian Prödl
  • DF Craig Cathcart
  • DF Jose Holebas
  • MF Adlène Guédioura
  • MF Ben Watson
  • ST Troy Deeney
  • Costel Pantilimon GK
  • Allan Nyom DF
  • Sebastian Prödl DF
  • Craig Cathcart DF
  • Nathan Aké DF
  • Ben Watson MF
  • Almen Abdi MF
  • Adlène Guédioura MF

4th round lineup looks pretty much full strength to me barring Ighalo and their keeper

Latest posts+

Top Bottom